What does this icon mean when using cruise control?

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I figured as much, but it was the "READY" that was a bit confusing. Even though cruise control was engaged with lane keeping and auto-following, it made me feel like I was supposed to do something else to activate something. /shrug
I think Ready means it is on and operating. It can also say Cancelled and Stopped. Cancelled means you better start steering, Stopped means you have to press the resume button to keep going. Not sure if there are other values. And I think the hands on the wheel reminds you this isn't hands free, I expect we may see a different icon when the hands free stuff launches later this year.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yeah, it more just keeps the car relatively centered in the lane and slows down if you start approaching another car. I personally don't like the centering tech right now as it's very shaky, lot of left/right adjustments, so it's not smooth like with a Tesla. I know Ford says they'll be updating the software, which I really hope they do.
Exactly my observation. It makes me nervous so I always end up canceling it. The one in my Prius was smoother but also less controling.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The ā€œBB-8ā€ bubble means two specific things: your Active Cruise Control (front bubble) and your Lane Keep Assist (side bubbles) are active.

I think it works amazingly well on the highway - actually hasnā€™t slipped on me yet and Iā€™ve done plenty of hands free testing. I do wish the hand nanny was a bit less sensitive in that I often get nagged even when I have a hand resting on the wheel.

If the $600 hands free update actually makes the lane keeping work even better on the mapped highways, I will probably buy it.

StrWhtMME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Electric Focus. 21 MME Prm SR, 23 Maverick
Country flag
The ā€œBB-8ā€ bubble means two specific things: your Active Cruise Control (front bubble) and your Lane Keep Assist (side bubbles) are active.

I think it works amazingly well on the highway - actually hasnā€™t slipped on me yet and Iā€™ve done plenty of hands free testing. I do wish the hand nanny was a bit less sensitive in that I often get nagged even when I have a hand resting on the wheel.

If the $600 hands free update actually makes the lane keeping work even better on the mapped highways, I will probably buy it.
The cost will be $600, but if you selected to receive the over the air update when it is launched, $100 off

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The cost will be $600, but if you selected to receive the over the air update when it is launched, $100 off
It will cost $600 (unless they change the price). The $100 is something that will be received upon delivery if you fill out and your dealer submits the form you sign indicating that you understand your car does not include hands-free driving and that you will need to pay to receive it. My $100 came as a check directly from Ford after I took delivery.

StrWhtMME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Electric Focus. 21 MME Prm SR, 23 Maverick
Country flag
It will cost $600 (unless they change the price). The $100 is something that will be received upon delivery if you fill out and your dealer submits the form you sign indicating that you understand your car does not include hands-free driving and that you will need to pay to receive it. My $100 came as a check directly from Ford after I took delivery.
Thanks for that info. I have yet to take delivery (Apr 16th). It's the same with the 2021 F-150.