What does this status on the Ford website mean?

atpaks

First Name
AR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
Just logged in to my Ford account on the web to check on my Mach E status. Earlier it was scheduled for production and there was a build scheduled date.

When I checked today, it says in production and there is no scheduled week. Does that actually mean the vehicle is in production this week? I thought that this week and next were no production weeks.

Any clarity is much appreciated.

IMG-20220805-WA0000.jpg
Sponsored

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
If I recall, that means the order has been confirmed and awaiting a build date. Or maybe the build date has been assigned but not started.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
When was it ordered?

geftsnowball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E, Grabber Blue, Premium AWD ER
Country flag
See my take on it here. Extremely poor user experience design. I really doubt any user testing has taken place or nobody bothered to listen to feedback. My guess is that they are trying to have a 'simplified' progress tracker and nobody can decide what each step should mean.

Based on your comments you have a scheduled build week so you have a VIN. From my experience playing the waiting game and obsessing over the tracker, this means that your order is now "placed" (WTF right? Your order is not completely placed until they schedule production???) and will now be "in production" until it is -actually- in production, built, and shipped. Only THEN will "In Production" be a green check and you're now in "Shipped" status.

Mache65

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E, 21 F150 PB Limited, 21 Ram 1500 Limited
Country flag
Check for window sticker, if you can get window sticker, order was sent to plant for production

geftsnowball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E, Grabber Blue, Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Check for window sticker, if you can get window sticker, order was sent to plant for production
Better yet, use this to track your order: https://ordertrack.app/

Roughly a week before it's actually being built you'll get a window sticker and not a 404 error. When it starts being built (like for real being built) you'll see modules popping up following the view modules link on that tracker (this is when it's getting real!). You're in the home stretch (hopefully) when you catch a nasty case of the modules 😂

OP
OP

atpaks

First Name
AR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
Ah that's interesting. Thanks for the clarification and the details. Also one confusing part of the UX is that on the website on my computer it shows the scheduled production date of 8/29 but on the mobile website it doesn't show anything. For a second I got happy that production had actually started.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As I understand it, Ford chat accesses a record system similar to, but separate from the VVR (vehicle visibility report) that dealers have access to. The VVR has more thorough and up to date info although your dealer rep must check it for you. End users may get notification of a VIN and a build date. (My first inkling that something had changed was from status inquiry to Ford chat: "order moved to factory for scheduling". I never get any email notice from Ford. A week later, I checked with chat, got build week and VIN. Soon after, I got phone call and VIN email from dealer rep. My build date was, however, two months away.) Trying to determine whether Ford is going to keep shuffling build dates etc. and when/how unscheduled 2022MY MME orders will or won't be converted to 2023MY orders is a futile endeavor. It will all play out in 11 weeks after the plant shutdown, between 8/15 and 10/29, assuming this is the remaining MME 2022MY production period.
Scheduling angst is well earned, largely due to Ford's inconsistent corporate-dealer-buyer sales communication model and "black box" allocation algorithm. At the moment, tracking your MME from "shipped" to "delivered" is quite difficult. (I waited 226 days to get a build week which is set for 286 days after the order, but still very subject to change. If they adhere to this predicted build week, I'd receive my ordered MMY 11 months after ordering it.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E What does this status on the Ford website mean? 1659805921689

jennabo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Ford changed something on their website programming that makes the production date not show up when you look at it on a mobile device. If you look at it on a computer, you’ll see the date you were already scheduled for.

Mache65

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E, 21 F150 PB Limited, 21 Ram 1500 Limited
Country flag
As I understand it, Ford chat accesses a record system similar to, but separate from the VVR (vehicle visibility report) that dealers have access to. The VVR has more thorough and up to date info although your dealer rep must check it for you. End users may get notification of a VIN and a build date. (My first inkling that something had changed was from status inquiry to Ford chat: "order moved to factory for scheduling". I never get any email notice from Ford. A week later, I checked with chat, got build week and VIN. Soon after, I got phone call and VIN email from dealer rep. My build date was, however, two months away.) Trying to determine whether Ford is going to keep shuffling build dates etc. and when/how unscheduled 2022MY MME orders will or won't be converted to 2023MY orders is a futile endeavor. It will all play out in 11 weeks after the plant shutdown, between 8/15 and 10/29, assuming this is the remaining MME 2022MY production period.
Scheduling angst is well earned, largely due to Ford's inconsistent corporate-dealer-buyer sales communication model and "black box" allocation algorithm. At the moment, tracking your MME from "shipped" to "delivered" is quite difficult. (I waited 226 days to get a build week which is set for 286 days after the order, but still very subject to change. If they adhere to this predicted build week, I'd receive my ordered MMY 11 months after ordering it.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E What does this status on the Ford website mean? 1659805921689
any order has vin assigned will be 2022