What does your battery say when fully charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
For the amount of time it took you to post this, you could've just answered the question. LOL, you feel better now? You must be a real hit at parties...
He was being helpful. The threads he linked have a very good discussion on range, the range meter (aka GOM) and cold weather ops.

you’re in the unfortunate position of being the 432 person to post a thread with this exact subject matter. Today.
Sponsored

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It's not irrelevant which is why I asked. Couldn't just simply answer the question...nice helpful forum.
What do you hope to achieve by people throwing a bunch of random numbers out? Everyone has tried to explain how the displayed range is only a GUESS. It's even a sticky post under the Battery and Charging forum that anyone can find pretty eaisly.

People are trying to help you by explaining to you that number means absolutely nothing. People that understand how the range meter works are not going to give you random range number because they know that information is not helpful.

OP
OP

Shollywood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021
Country flag
He was being helpful. The threads he linked have a very good discussion on range, the range meter (aka GOM) and cold weather ops.

you’re in the unfortunate position of being the 432 person to post a thread with this exact subject matter. Today.
Thanks. I understand how range can be affected. It was a simple question about what the extended range reads "out of the box" if you will. Clearly, I'll spend several weeks reading countless useless thread responses, before posing another question. I have nothing but time to read through all the posts from the up and coming comics out there....

OP
OP

Shollywood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021
Country flag
What do you hope to achieve by people throwing a bunch of random numbers out? Everyone has tried to explain how the displayed range is only a GUESS. It's even a sticky post under the Battery and Charging forum that anyone can find pretty eaisly.

People are trying to help you by explaining to you that number means absolutely nothing. People that understand how the range meter works are not going to give you random range number because they know that information is not helpful.
I understand how range(s) work. If you don't want to answer then don't. Simple as that. I didn't ask about your "thoughts" or "opinions". Just a simple straight forward question. It's not an ACHIEVEMENT, it's a question.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
For the amount of time it took you to post this, you could've just answered the question. LOL, you feel better now? You must be a real hit at parties...
A lot less threads if people just answered the question, instead of useless responses like these.
And yet you could have actually clicked the links the first time and gotten your answer in less time than it took you to post your 2 useless complaints about people taking the time to answer your question.

If you make snarky responses to posts where people give you plenty of information to answer your question then YOU are the problem. Quit being part of the problem and click the links so you can learn something.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks. I understand how range can be affected. It was a simple question about what the extended range reads "out of the box" if you will. Clearly, I'll spend several weeks reading countless useless thread responses, before posing another question. I have nothing but time to read through all the posts from the up and coming comics out there....
Which is absolutely the WRONG question. There is no 1 answer because the displayed range is often a bullshit random number. That's like saying "tell me the lotto numbers that will come up tomorrow"; all we can do is explain that the result is not deterministic enough to give you a valid answer.

You're in the wrong here and digging deeper. Stop being lazy, stop digging, and definitely stop insulting the people who are trying to explain to you why you're asking the wrong question.

OP
OP

Shollywood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021
Country flag
Which is absolutely the WRONG question. There is no 1 answer because the displayed range is often a bullshit random number. That's like saying "tell me the lotto numbers that will come up tomorrow"; all we can do is explain that the result is not deterministic enough to give you a valid answer.

You're in the wrong here and digging deeper. Stop being lazy, stop digging, and definitely stop insulting the people who are trying to explain to you why you're asking the wrong question.
Yes SIR!!! it's MY question, so how can it be wrong? ROFL....I apologize, please let me know the questions I'm ALLOWED to ask. I missed the post where you became the king.....

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes SIR!!! it's MY question, so how can it be wrong? ROFL....I apologize, please let me know the questions I'm ALLOWED to ask. What a joke
So what, you'd have rather someone just answered "Yes" to your original question? And you wouldn't have been upset that they didn't spend 5 paragraphs explaining how the GOM works, why it often reads on the low side, how your situation might affect it, etc etc etc?

That's what the links he provided do. If you want to know the answer to your question beyond a simple "Yes", the obvious thing to do is click on the link(s) he graciously provided for you for a question asked over and over and over each day in this forum.

OP
OP

Shollywood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021
Country flag
So what, you'd have rather someone just answered "Yes" to your original question? And you wouldn't have been upset that they didn't spend 5 paragraphs explaining how the GOM works, why it often reads on the low side, how your situation might affect it, etc etc etc?

That's what the links he provided do. If you want to know the answer to your question beyond a simple "Yes", the obvious thing to do is click on the link(s) he graciously provided for you for a question asked over and over and over each day in this forum.
My original question didn't require 5 paragraphs. You simply answer, or don't. What part of that is confusing to you? If you don't like the question or don't want to answer it, ignore it. Simple as that.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My battery says 100% when full, thanks for asking. When its not full, it often says things like 82% or thereabouts. I once heard it whisper 24% but that was unusual.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My original question didn't require 5 paragraphs. You simply answer, or don't. What part of that is confusing to you? If you don't like the question or don't want to answer it, ignore it. Simple as that.
You got an answer. A good one. You just didn't like it, and chose to complain about it with a snarky remark.

And you wonder why people think you're out of line here. ?

Have a good day.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Wow!!! I didn’t realize “Jerry Springer” was back on the air.

OP
OP

Shollywood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021
Country flag
You got an answer. A good one. You just didn't like it, and chose to complain about it with a snarky remark.

And you wonder why people think you're out of line here. ?

Have a good day.
Answer was fine, only, it started with a snarky remark. Then followed with a bunch of other clowns…the links are good reads along with other “helpful” people who have reached out and actually answered my question.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Easily butt-hurt folks should probably avoid this forum. ???
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.