What is this dried substance on my headlight

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E What is this dried substance on my headlight 4B448ED9-28F4-469D-A117-F26AB5E1577A

Can anyone tell me what this dried substance is on my headlight? I can’t get it off. It’s been there for a while.

Numerous trips to the carwash have done nothing, a ceramic cleaner has done nothing.

I tried scraping it with a fingernail and it sort of very slowly got the top portion a bit loose. Can I scrap it off with something without scratching my headlight?

It is a thin layer and a bit coarse. It doesn’t look like bird doo-doo, at least I hope not *goes back to wash his hand again*
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Tree sap is my bet as well. Or possibly super glue. Try bug and tar remover (Like Turtle Wax or something). Hope it’s the sap snd not a glue.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I need to see my way out of this thread before I get banned ....

I'll vote for tree sap as well since that's the only PG option I can think of.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Definitely sap. 💩 is easier to clean. As @Kamuelaflyer said Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover. 😊🐩

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I need to see my way out of this thread before I get banned ....

I'll vote for tree sap as well since that's the only PG option I can think of.
You’re a bad boy, Todd. 🤪🐩

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
To get rid of tree sap, I came across a detailing trick. Take some alcohol-based hand sanitizer and spread a thick layer of it on the area. Let it dwell for a good 3-4 minutes, then try wiping the sap off using a microfiber towel. You may have to repeat to get rid of stubborn sap.
Good luck!

OP
OP
ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
To get rid of tree sap, I came across a detailing trick. Take some alcohol-based hand sanitizer and spread a thick layer of it on the area. Let it dwell for a good 3-4 minutes, then try wiping the sap off using a microfiber towel. You may have to repeat to get rid of stubborn sap.
Good luck!
Ford Mustang Mach-E What is this dried substance on my headlight 23FE85E0-CFE1-475F-8FEB-0463FB228E00

Great suggestion, thank you. Four alcohol wipes and, there is no other way to describe this, some vigorous rubbing did the trick 🫣

I had completely forgotten about this cleaning method, I did it once to get tree sap off my paint and it seemed to work easier off of the paint, but then again, that was removed after a day, this had been present on the headlight for a few weeks.
Sponsored