What to do with the MME (battery and charging) if it won't be driven for a week?

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Hey, everyone,
If we don't plan to drive our MME GTPE for 6 or 7 days, what is the best practice when it comes to the state of charge and plugging in the car? My thought is to run the battery down to about 50%, set the upper charge limit to 50%, but keep the car plugged in. That way, the MME will use shore power to cool the battery.

Or is leaving the car plugged in unnecessary?

Thank you,
Joe
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
for 6-7 days it's not necessary to run it down to 50%. I'd still leave it plugged in. Based on what others have observed, the car will not cool the battery unless it's plugged in.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah just plug it in and don't worry.

Leave the charge % whereever you have it (as long as you don't have it at 100%).

I've left ours for a week w/o issue with it plugged in.

If you really want the battery to be conditioned set up some departure times during the week. This will wake up the car, condition the battery and also charge the 12V battery. It would have to be plugged in for this.

I often did that with our old Focus Electric. When on vacation I'd setup departure times for a couple of days just to make sure it would wake up and condition itself.
Sponsored