Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Agreed, especially for those without BEV experience.

One interesting new item:
"When charging on DC power, the charger is always locked in place when the doors are locked."

I hope that it disengages when charging is complete. I've needed to unplug the DCFC from a car that had finished to charge mine. Staying locked while charging? Sure. Staying locked after? No.
I think my FFE stays locked until I unlock the car doors. The VW eGolf does the same. There is a button in the car that unlocks the connector from inside the car. I didnt see such a button on the MME. Might be there and I didnt see it. As far as I know, the only reason to use the unlock button is in the event the automatic unlock function doesn't work when DCFC is completed. Not sure because I dont DCFC thst often and as such, have never needed to use that feature.

And yeah....it would be a bummer to need the charge connector and someone else is done charging and it remains locked to their vehicle. Has happened to me once. I had to wait until they arrived to unlock it. Was about 5 minutes or less luckily.
Sponsored

Last edited:

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I don't think that addresses the concern raised by @ChasingCoral though - I read his concern as "someone is done charging but still holding the connector, so I can't connect and I'm stuck waiting for them to come out and unlock it."
the blow torch accessory kit will be a good option in that case

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I don't think that addresses the concern raised by @ChasingCoral though - I read his concern as "someone is done charging but still holding the connector, so I can't connect and I'm stuck waiting for them to come out and unlock it."
Yes, a different point of discussion.

I was asking/hoping that for the driver MME would unlock the cable on approach without requiring any bit of active intervention.

My understanding is that PAAK can be set to present the door opened upon approach or alternatively the MME can be configured to sense the PAAK or FOB so when the open door switch is pressed the door will present at that moment.

I’d like to be able to approach the car in either state [with either PAAK or FOB] and have the charge cable release—without having to unlock the doors first, without having to open the app or play with the FOB. Certainly without having to fiddle with anything inside the vehicle.

Last edited:

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Does an app tell you it is done charging in case you are away from the car?
Multiple usually. :) Your car app will let you know once the vehicle stops charging and the app for the charging network you're using will let you know that it is almost done charging (to get you to wrap up whatever you're doing and head back to unplug).

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Yes, a different point of discussion.

I was asking/hoping that for the driver MME would unlock the cable on approach without requiring any bit of active intervention.

My understanding is that PAAK can be set to present the door opened upon approach or alternatively the MME can be configured to sense the PAAK or FOB so when the open door switch is pressed the door will present at that moment.

I’d like to be able to approach the car in either state [with either PAAK or FOB] and have the charge cable release—without having to unlock the doors first, without having to open the app or play with the FOB. Certainly without having to fiddle with anything inside the vehicle.
I may be wrong, but isn't the button in the middle of the ring lights for locking/unlocking the charger cable?

Ford Mustang Mach-E "What to Know Before You Go" Mach-E Brochure 4724770F-2B67-4FD6-ACA1-ED7261965218

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I may be wrong, but isn't the button in the middle of the ring lights for locking/unlocking the charger cable?

Ford Mustang Mach-E "What to Know Before You Go" Mach-E Brochure 4724770F-2B67-4FD6-ACA1-ED7261965218
That is what mine looks like.....however it's inside the car. That is a more convenient location for it though. Still might require the doors to be unlocked in order to unlock the charging connector.....??

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer sent me this in the mail - I don't think there's anything new for us on this forum, but it's nice to see some of the "official" paperwork.
Ford Canada is behind like usual. ?

kermitfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus RS
Country flag
Agreed, especially for those without BEV experience.

One interesting new item:
"When charging on DC power, the charger is always locked in place when the doors are locked."

I hope that it disengages when charging is complete. I've needed to unplug the DCFC from a car that had finished to charge mine. Staying locked while charging? Sure. Staying locked after? No.
I am pretty sure it does means when you unlock the car it unlocks the charger as the locking system is probaly connect to the central locking of the car by some means
Sponsored