Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modernmusclecars.de
Vehicles
2018 Camaro 2SS
Country flag
I am a little disappointed with the color options of the Mach E. You have black, white and 4 different types of grey. The only real color you can get is red (with grabber limited to higher models).

I think one of the great things about the Mustang is the variety of colors. You could get a bright orange, different reds, different blues, green, yellow, etc on the normal Mustang in the last years. I hope they will add a lof of more colors for production, especially on the GT model.

I understand that that "premium" cars tend to offer you just these grey-ish colors, but come on, you call it a Mustang, so give us more choices ;)
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Totally agree, I've been pushing that here and on Twitter hoping to get Ford's attention (no luck so far!). Here's the colors from the 2019 MY for the Mustang:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Where are the color options? 2019_Mustang_Colors

I use 2019 as I like the Green offered. Lime Green (2020 MY) is a little too much for my tastes. Though Gotta Have It Green would be wonderful!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace

JB.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette z51 and alfa stelvio ti sport
Country flag
You are correct that a greater variety of colors at launch would have been nice. Personally i would liked to have seen race red for the Mach E. Id have to believe the colors and options are not fully described as of yet on the reservation site.

The videos seem to have shown vehicles not capable of being ordered yet.....so keep the faith.

I believe ford just wanted to see how many people are interested in their new EV with the $500 reservation list.

The real money for manufacturers is in option lists...

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
The color selection does seem rather bland. Been a fan of burnt orange/rust or even metallic root beer like this ...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Where are the color options? Metallic_root_beer_car_color

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It was interesting that ford showed the GT in a blue that is exclusive to the First Edition and not available on the GT, still won't be the first time ford have done that and won't be the last :(. As the only models that are due for 2020 are the first editions and premium, maybe when the other 3 come on line in 2021 there will be more color options.

The color choices are very shades of grey :( which would normally not be a problem for me as I can help but gravitate towards black, my focus ST & RS are both black but the shadow black of the RS is not a patch on the tuxedo black of the ST so I gave the black a miss this time seeing as the mach-e had the same shadow black :(.

As the mach-e is not following the standard USA sales method of dealers loading up the lots with various safe color choices and more like the European model of customer orders, Ford are leaving money on the table by not offering a custom color option where you get to chose from the wider ford color palette.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Velocity Blue is good, but I'm holding out for a fuzzy shade of mushroom blue.

Badgeringweasel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camry Hybrid
Country flag
Does anyone know if any of the Mach-E exterior colors are used on any other Ford cars? Or are there other brands out there with similar colors? I'm between Infinite Blue and Carbonized Gray and would love to see what they look like on a car. It seems like most of the demos at auto shows are in red...

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Does anyone know if any of the Mach-E exterior colors are used on any other Ford cars? Or are there other brands out there with similar colors? I'm between Infinite Blue and Carbonized Gray and would love to see what they look like on a car. It seems like most of the demos at auto shows are in red...
According to https://paintref.com/ There is no other car that exactly has Infinite Blue or Carbonized Gray. I couldn't tell you about any similar colors.

Gforcemurphy

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI
Country flag
I’m just like you, stranded between Infinite Blue and Carbonized Gray. I’ve looked at the miniature photos but that only helps to a point. There have been a few videos of demo cars that might be CG (and stated to be CG on the videos) but there’s plenty of speculation on these threads now as to whether they are, in fact, that colour or the silver. This is also fuelled by the fair point that, just because a demo car is First Edition in spec, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is one of the FE colours. I think the Satin Blue shown in the UK threw us all!

Badgeringweasel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camry Hybrid
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles