joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Today my wife's 2022 MME GTPE was parked at home in our driveway. I plugged in our Juice Box EVSE to top off the battery to 80%. But instead of stopping at 80%, the MME kept charging. I checked the app and noticed the battery was at 87%. It looked like it was going to charge to 100%. Neither my wife nor I hit the "charge to 100%" button in the app.

I went to the car and the charging location was still on and the limit was set at 80%.

Any idea why the MME did not stop charging at 80%? Anything I should check or do to make sure the MME stops at 80% next time I charge it?

Thank you,
Joe
Sponsored

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I've had this happen a couple of times. After a OTA and once when car didn't recognize I was at my house. GPS had me a block away for some reason

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
I've been having the same issue the past 2 weeks or so. I haven't gotten an update since Dec 19th and it wasn't happening right after that. My settings in the app and the car match exactly. I'm using the charger that came with the car since I haven't had the L2 installed yet. I did the delete and add back in, but it's still happening. I've tried the "charge when plugged in" and the "use preferred settings" - it did it on both. The app said it was going to 85%, my setting, yet when I checked the app 2 hours later it was at 88% and saying it was going to 100%. I hit the stop charging button. My "home" location was showing correctly and the pin was where my house is on both. I'm the only one with access to the vehicle/app in my household and I didn't hit the charge to 100% button as I wasn't even IN the app at the time. Attached 2 pics - 1 is the correct target charge level and the other is what it showed one minute later after I hit stop. (Ignore the little orange bubble, it's an overlay for Pokemon GO) Hoping this isn't going to be a repetitive game of deleting "home" and adding it back in.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why did charging not stop at set charge limit of 80% Screenshot_20230120_145419_FordPass

Screenshot_20230120_145553_FordPass~2.jpg

PonyCar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E premium
Country flag
Have the same problem. Tried a bunch of suggestions from the forum but nothing worked. Contacted Ford last week through the forum. They said it is a known issue to Ford and that they are working on a software fix although no time estimate was available. Ford representative I talked to said I was the 3rd person with this complaint that she had talked to that day. Probably wouldn’t hurt to ping them and let them know you are having the problem. Might help prioritize their bug repair efforts.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I had this happen once too. It was a GPS issue. The car charged to 100% because it thought the car was parked nearly a mile from our home.

Now I check and confirm that the car charger starts and stops just a few moments after I plug it in. I have seen it one other time say the car was not at home, but it corrected itself before I plugged it in.

I have heard when one gets upgrade to 3.6.2 and/or 4.1.x SOME people report that the settings get ignored at least on the first time it is plugged in.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Adding some input to this -- I've had this issue happen twice to me now in the past month (and never in the 2 years prior to this).
Looks like a new issue for sure, and I'm glad someone mentioned above that Ford is aware of it.

It's not related to the location of the car in this case. The car's recognized that it's at "home", but it still refuses to obey updates passed to it from the app (even though the app confirmed that the update was sent and 'saved').

Looks like a recently introduced bug. The workaround is, as always, to set the charge level inside the car itself, and not through the app.

herojay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT
Country flag
I set the level in the car and in the app in settings but the charging session (screen with the SETTINGS button - if you click you sett location charging level) still showed 100% target charge level. And while charging in the car on my iPad screen it displayed 85% at charging location and when turned on and connected to my charger, the display screen at steering wheel detailed 100% target charge!
SOLUTION called FordPass number…troubleshoot - drive away from my home WiFi and settings “turn off“ “connected services”, turn back on…turn back on all individual items in connected services - came back to car,,,,plugged back in. Changed charge level to 90 and saved, changed back to 85,,,,and all settings changed to 85 including my screen at steering wheel,. Since charge was already at 83…let it charge to 85 and it automatically stopped. Solved.

bluestripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I'm having a similar or same issue - set the charge to 85% in the app but the vehicle only charges to 70% (which was the previous level set)

JR1108

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD Carbonised Grey
Occupation
Telecommunications
Country flag
I'm having a similar or same issue - set the charge to 85% in the app but the vehicle only charges to 70% (which was the previous level set)
I have found that sometimes the app says it's changed a setting but it doesn't make it to the car. For example I normally charge to 90% and on the odd occasion when I want to go to 100% I've changed it in the app and it's worked about 50% of the time. I tend to change it on the car screen now. Same problem with departure times, they hardly ever sync through from the app for me.

bluestripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I found that it was exactly that - the app hadn’t communicated to the car. Hopefully they sort this bug out.

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I always had issues with my car stopping the charge at the desired level. The car seems to be updated with the config in Ford Pass, but even though I get notifications about the charge level, when I get to the car, it is still charging.

However my charging is a bit different from the normal. My building provides some DCFC boxes in the parking. Those are rated to only 50 kW charging, so it's still fast but it does not cause too much stress to the High Voltage Battery.

Those DCFC boxes are not connected to any network and I noticed that there is always some communication protocol failure when I first plug the car. The next subsequent plug, the car starts to charge.

As the chargers are located at the garage inside the condo building, there is no WiFi signal and 4G connection is minimal, but I still do get updates in Ford Pass while the car is charging. There is no GPS signal as well, but the car does recognize it is "charging at home" both in the Car itself and Ford Pass app.

Any advice of what I could to do in order to make sure the car stops at the desired level ? When I get a notification that the car reached 80%, I have to hurry downstairs as the car keeps charging and I often unplug it with 84% SOC...
Sponsored