Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Silverelan, mine was a late 2017 S75 and yes, it was prior to the release of the 3. In fact, I had originally reserved a Model 3 and got impatient after over a year of waiting. So when I was at a Tesla boutique on Long Island, they asked if I had ever driven an S. When I said no, they asked if I'd like to try one for part of a weekend. How could I say no? Once I drove it, that was that. They transferred my deposit on the 3 over to the S and the rest was history.

Mine is a 'base' model. I actually preferred the textile seats over the faux leather, so my price for the Model S was relatively 'cheap'...if such a Tesla exists! ;) Yes, today the experience is not quite the same in many/most cases. It's really too bad.

Since we had previously owned a Fusion PHEV and liked it, I'm hoping for an even better experience with the Mach-E. I just hope the dealer does the right thing handling the deal. We shall see. My biggest concern is like the 3, the wait will be a long one. Having only done this at the beginning of March, I'm concerned my Premium Mach-E won't be delivered until well into 2021. :(
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My biggest concern is like the 3, the wait will be a long one. Having only done this at the beginning of March, I'm concerned my Premium Mach-E won't be delivered until well into 2021. :(
There is a real possibility that the Mustang Mach-E Will be delayed because of Coronavirus beyond late 2020. Supply chains are really messed up, and we are on the brink of seeing a nasty recession.

I am in Seattle, and the city is basically shut down. We only have a few hundred cases in this city and this is the effect. Imagine what is going to happen when this gets to every major metropolitan area across the United States.

2 weeks ago, Italy had about 20 cases or so. Two weeks later they had 7, 000 and a few hundred deaths. And now they've shut down the northern part of the country. If similar measures happen in the US, it's game over for the economy. For what it's worth, the governor of my state of Washington has already mentioned that such similar measures are in discussion.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Italy is a head-scratcher. I can't understand why so many cases popped up so quickly. Although I'm not minimizing the virus, I hope that we don't overreact either. That can actually be more dangerous if not handled properly. Panic is never good.

What's very scary is how dependent we are on China for antibiotics. We've got to sever this dependency on China for vital items that are needed here.
Sponsored