First Name
Andrew
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER (soon), 2019 Mustang GT, 2017 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Government (IT)
Country flag
"I am not going to call it a "Mustang" or "MME".... because its NOT."

I hate when people say this...because OF COURSE it's a Mustang. The reason is because Ford says it is...and they're the ONLY ones that get to decide what is and is not a certain car.
LMFAO!
Thank you Captain Obvious, you must be a treat at parties...... ;-)
Let me take a wild guess here.... you don't own (and have never owned) a V8 ICE powered Mustang, right? The car is more than "just" a name or label.... even Ford gets that.................

silverelan

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Subaru Outback
Country flag
LMFAO!
Let me take a wild guess here.... you don't own (and have never owned) a V8 ICE powered Mustang, right? The car is more than "just" a name or label.... even Ford gets that.................
I don't know what to make of this.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
LMFAO!
Was the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder fox body a mustang? Other than the extra 2 doors, from a performance and handling perspective the Mach-E has far more in common with a v8 GT than that car did.

pozi240

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicles
Occupation
Government (IT)
Country flag
I don't know what to make of this.
?? BryCola didn't like my opinion about not calling it Mustang, (it's his opinion, he is entitled to that), and I rebutted (with my opinion, as a current and long time Mustang owner). It's the internet, it is ok to have different opinions and we don't have to agree.... geesh.

BryCola

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Country flag
Was the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder fox body a mustang? Other than the extra 2 doors, from a performance and handling perspective the Mach-E has far more in common with a v8 GT than that car did.
Bringing common into the discussion will only confuse some people.

And I'M the one he's concerned about being a "treat at parties"? LOL People that say "It's not a Mustang" are embarrassing themselves.

pozi240

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicles
Occupation
Government (IT)
Country flag
Sorry BryCola, I just realized you drive a Volt... my earlier comment was redundant and unneeded. Carry on.

silverelan

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Interesting. This is a different perspective. Calls it a value.

https://insideevs.com/reviews/399086/mustang-mach-e-tesla-model-y-comparison/
I am a big fan of Tesla. I find their fanboys to be insufferable.
When I watched that video last week, I decided against sharing it on the forum because of just how biased it was. Just a few things off the top of my head that I had a problem with for Jonathan's video:
  • Did not compare dealer network vs. service center availability.
  • It doesn't mention Ford's $7500 tax credit advantage.
  • Ford offers more choices to consumers for configurability.
  • Tesla has a better warranty than Ford.
I don't think this comparison video is going to age well. Ford will probably do some tweaking to the production specs for the Mustang Mach-E's performance and range numbers to close the gap and we also don't know what if any perks Ford will offer buyers. We shall see.

Whatstreet

Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I am a big fan of Tesla. I find their fanboys to be insufferable.
When I watched that video last week, I decided against sharing it on the forum because of just how biased it was. Just a few things off the top of my head that I had a problem with for Jonathan's video:
  • Did not compare dealer network vs. service center availability.
  • It doesn't mention Ford's $7500 tax credit advantage.
  • Ford offers more choices to consumers for configurability.
  • Tesla has a better warranty than Ford.
I don't think this comparison video is going to age well. Ford will probably do some tweaking to the production specs for the Mustang Mach-E's performance and range numbers to close the gap and we also don't know what if any perks Ford will offer buyers. We shall see.
I saw the video and decided not to post it here. It is an attempt at an objective comparison regarding what is known about two cars that are not available at this time. But misses on some aspects.

The biggest problem with the comparison is a complete lack of mentioning the tax incentives which changes the cost per range significantly.

Also, there are other things such as the driving experience of operating the cars which cannot be compared by looking at specifications and can only be done when driving the cars. This one might be where the E could win. I haven't driven a 3 but some people complain about road noise. It wouldn't surprise me if the Ford is quieter.

I am convinced that Tesla wins on charging speed and charger availability. They likely win on performance because they have tricks in the pipe which could be brought out at anytime. You ain't seen nothin yet. They are ahead on auto pilot so it is more technological.

As to configurations. I don't know about the Y but for the 3 it is possible to order a LR AWD with the performance motor in the front. This can't be done online, it must be done at the showroom. You get the 18" wheels which makes it have better range at the cost of the big brakes and rear spoiler, which I don't need.

A sleeper, just the way I like it.