Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Even though hubby's M3 has that notice on the screen, I still made up a sign and laminated it to put in the dash because people are dumb! On one side, it's for the A/C running and the other side says the heat is running. Added our phone number to call in case of emergency. Don't use it very often, but it lives in the car in case we ever need it.

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 1.13.27 PM.png
So how does your hubby feel about being locked in the car?

(Sorry, couldn’t resist!)

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Tesla has had pet mode since February 2019. Elon Musk pushed it out in response a twitter request.

Why has Ford been so slow putting this in the Mach E? There have been tons of requests for it.

Does Jim Farly hate dogs?
Because ford is legacy auto and doesn't understand how far behind they are. I hope they step up their game yesterday as they won't be around tomorrow if they didn't.

NovaMustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
For those who keep saying there’s an easy workaround that includes leaving the car running, you’re missing a key point of pet mode. My kids are not pets. But sometimes I need to run back in the house for a minute or I need to run into a convenience store. My kids are old enough to stay in the car. But I wouldn’t leave them in a car that could be driven away. Pet (kid) mode keeps the car comfortable but not driveable.

Also, I’m pretty sure some of the same people hating on pet mode in this thread still have their panties in a wad about the lack of frunk button. How’s this different? I’ve never used my frunk in two years of owning the car, so I don’t care about a frunk button, personally. But I’m rooting for us all to get the frunk button. Don’t be weird.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
For those who keep saying there’s an easy workaround that includes leaving the car running, you’re missing a key point of pet mode. My kids are not pets. But sometimes I need to run back in the house for a minute or I need to run into a convenience store. My kids are old enough to stay in the car. But I wouldn’t leave them in a car that could be driven away. Pet (kid) mode keeps the car comfortable but not driveable.
You're missing the key point that even if the MME is left running, it's not derivable without the fob or PaaK (or backup start code). It won't shift out of Park.

NovaMustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
You're missing the key point that even if the MME is left running, it's not derivable without the fob or PaaK (or backup start code). It won't shift out of Park.
If that’s true, it’s news to me, and that shows how this workaround is not a real good one. Pet mode is simple. It’s intuitive. It doesn’t require changing your settings, understanding some safety features that aren’t obvious, or remembering to take multiple steps for it to work as intended. You may not want or need it, but a lot of people do, for reasons that should be fairly obvious. It’s just weird for people to poo poo something like this.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If that’s true, it’s news to me, and that shows how this workaround is not a real good one. Pet mode is simple. It’s intuitive. It doesn’t require changing your settings, understanding some safety features that aren’t obvious, or remembering to take multiple steps for it to work as intended. You may not want or need it, but a lot of people do, for reasons that should be fairly obvious. It’s just weird for people to poo poo something like this.
I'm not poo pooing on anything. I understand why people want it, and I hope that Ford adds it. But since it doesn't exist now, I'm trying to help point out options to get as close to that functionality as possible. I think it's weird that people poo poo on that help.

NovaMustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I'm not poo pooing on anything. I understand why people want it, and I hope that Ford adds it. But since it doesn't exist now, I'm trying to help point out options to get as close to that functionality as possible. I think it's weird that people poo poo on that help.
Not poo pooing you or your help. Happy for and appreciative of help. But a lot of people in this thread are strangely dismissive of others wanting a feature that obviously has a lot of benefit to a lot of users.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Does the auto shut off setting even stick?
Do we trust flipping it off and leaving the car for more than 30?

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
So how does your hubby feel about being locked in the car?

(Sorry, couldn’t resist!)
I try not to leave him in there alone if I don't have to. I make sure to leave him some treats if I do. You know, positive reinforcement and all... 🤣

LTC_HUGH

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think it is reasonable to assume at this point that #JimFarleyHatesDogs.
What does pet mode do? Launch them out the roof. If you can't remember your dog is in the vehicle you probably shouldn't have one.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I tried leaving the car running. It would not lock, not with 7/8 9/0 or with the key fob.
Then you did it wrong. It works fine. Make sure there is no fob / PaaK in the vehicle. Close the door, push 7/8 9/0 at the same time.

Then, to test if it's locked (assuming you don't believe it is), you can walk away, out of fob / PaaK range and have someone try to open it. Or, do it at home, and put the fob / PaaK in the house and try it.

Mustang Mama

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022
Country flag
Then you did it wrong. It works fine. Make sure there is no fob / PaaK in the vehicle. Close the door, push 7/8 9/0 at the same time.

Then, to test if it's locked (assuming you don't believe it is), you can walk away, out of fob / PaaK range and have someone try to open it. Or, do it at home, and put the fob / PaaK in the house and try it.
OK, I tried it again and IT WORKED! Cody, Murphy and I thank you.
Sponsored