Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Unless there is violence involved, I don't give a ...
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Other than mentions in threads like this, I've never seen any hate for the MME.
Try going to a car show and stand just far enough away so you can hear what people are saying, but not so close they realize itā€™s your car.

Youā€™ll hear more ā€œhonestā€ opinions.

Itā€™s kinda like a bad hair cut. Not many people will tell you they donā€™t like it to your face.

Now on the internet or behind your backā€¦ā€¦. Youā€™ll hear what they really think!

This car is controversial, and thatā€™s ok.

It could also depend on where you live. Are you closer to the ā€œfake niceā€ coast or the ā€œreal meanā€ coast? šŸ˜œ

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Next time someone tells you it is not a "Mustang", tell them it is an "Adult Mustang". Something that older people can more easily get in the back seat. I am 70 so I can say this. Besides, it used to be common to have variations of the same car names. How many of you remember station wagon versions that used to be offered for most car names? (I regret forgetting to ask the Tesla owners. at the Earth Day car show, if they received admiring inquiries or other comments, when they parked their cars.)

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I was waiting to pick up my daughter from school yesterday and as the kids were being released, I overheard one kid saying "It looks like they copied a Tesla and dropped it a little bit" which I found odd because I don't think it really looks like a Tesla in the slightest, but hey... 8th graders. Then immediately it was followed up by a kid who came up to my window, gave me a thumbs up and said "I really like your car!"

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I truly don't understand the hate people have for the mach-e. There seems to be extreme sides of either loving it or hating it with most people being the latter. I've had people tell me it isn't a car, send me mean memes about it being the ugliest mustang ever made, etc. Why? It isn't our fault Ford decided to put a Mustang badge on it.
I haven't seen much hate and I live in car mecca USA, Southern California. Where are you seeing this?

Last edited:

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
In the past year, we've taken Blucifer to a few car shows, EV events, and of course charging stations. Mostly, the attention is overwhelmingly positive. I've learned that there are 3 types of haters: Not a Mustang, Tesla is better, and EVs suck.

For the Not a Mustang crowd, I've found that many of them have never even owned a Mustang. For many of those, I end the conversation by simply asking, "What Mustang do you have?" For the ones that are just trying to ask why it is a Mustang, I'll point out that 1) it has a lot of Mustang styling (including the special Grabber Blue), 2)it is quicker than many of the Mustangs ever built, adn 3) it got them a ton of free publicity. "Do you think everything from tech magazines to major news channels would give it as much attention if it were an electric Escape?"

For the Tesla is better, I just throw out all the stats: real world range comparisons, 0-60 times, etc. When they bring up FSD, that one is easy. That's a $12,000 beta. Even if I bought a Tesla, I wouldn't spend $12k on that. When they bring up the charging network, I tell them about our road trips and show them PlugShare for here in Colorado - way more CCS than Tesla SCs.

And for the EVs suck, sometimes you just gotta move on. But, for the ones that are open minded, I go through the list of myths they have. "They are worse for the environment." "You can't take a road trip." "The batteries die every 3 years." Etc.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
For the Not a Mustang crowd, I've found that many of them have never even owned a Mustang.
Ding, ding, ding. Winner, winner chicken dinner.

I had one person, ONE, in the year that I've owned my Mach E say, "it's not a Mustang." My response was, "This is my fifth Mustang, I've driven over a half a million miles in Mustangs. And, this one is the best. By far. It's not even close." He didn't respond, he just walked away.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Itā€™s the internet, people loveā€¦ā€¦ to hate everything!

Even the ā€œanti-hateā€ people say some nasty things! Love, peace, acceptanceā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. Until someone disagrees with me!

Wouldnā€™t it be nice if we were able to prescribe ā€œchill pillsā€ to people?
WRONG!!!

Oops, that's my initial response to pretty much any opinion on the internet....

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I have only had one person in a year say something directly to me in person say they do not care for it by saying not a mustang.
I have heard someone right after I got my car talking with their friend about it is not a mustang and acted like it just wrong.

People just don't like change.

As for people who ask me my thoughts I have said I would love a mustang coupe but I can afford to have a pure toy car and I still have a family. I needed a car that I can put my daughter in the back seat and transport my 70lb dog. Plus still I need room to take stuff around to transport it. The Mach E fits that need plus fun to drive.

I always will admit that if it was not called a Mustang chances are I would of not paid any attention to it. It put it on my radar and I bought my car for on its own. The name just put it on my radar.

Last edited:

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
My line:

You might not think it's a Mustang, but Ford got you to come look at it.

Magnamover

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GTPE DMG &18 Mustang GT conv
Country flag
I have had no negative comments on the Mach E. This is my 4th "Mustang". I had an 11 GT coupe with the manual and a Edlebrock supercharger that made 650hp. It felt no faster than stock because it would only spin the tires in gears 1-4. Next I had a 16 GT convertible with the 6 sp auto. Had some comments about it not being a real Mustang because it was an auto. It was faster than my previous because of the auto. I currently have an 18 GT convertible auto with magneride and active exhaust. I drove it yesterday and the Mach E today. The convertible feels annoying slow off the line and I miss the tech of the Mach E. So, I don't listen to the online critics because I know that an auto is better than a manual and a Mach E GT PE is better than all of them.

Deleted member 9461

MY neighbor has 3 fords, a truck, and two cars, his only thing was why did they have to call it a mustang? but, he borrowed to go to the drive in, and low and behold, most popular person there, he stated even a tesla owner came and talked to him, he's a younger hard worker, not into technology type, so most of his answers were, I borrowed it from my neighbor, it's a golf cart...it has a battery somewhere.

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
That's not a Maverick! (said no one ever?)

Oh, I did have someone ask me how much the battery had degraded over the last year the other day. I just smiled and said "not at all".
Sponsored