phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I came out of a Whole Foods and there was a guy in a Mustang, black very loud and done up as the Matchbox Mustang......he had Matchbox decals on the car.....he looked at my MME and smiled, gave me a thumbs up.....I must say I was pleasantly surprised.....haha
Sponsored

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you respond "why, why, why are you still burning fossil fuel and putting pollution out your butt?" (just kidding--sort of).
I’m under no illusion that my MME doesn’t depend on fossil fuels nor does that concern me. The pollution out my butt remains more or less constant.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
I came out of a Whole Foods and there was a guy in a Mustang, black very loud and done up as the Matchbox Mustang......he had Matchbox decals on the car.....he looked at my MME and smiled, gave me a thumbs up.....I must say I was pleasantly surprised.....haha
The demographic of Mustang Owners in Northern NJ that shop at Whole Foods is not going to be the "hater" crowd. There are a lot of very insecure people out there, typically driving lifted pickup trucks with noisy exhausts who somehow feel threatened by electric vehicles. These are the same idiots who have been trolling Tesla drivers for years, and blocking EV chargers. Now that one of their favorite brands is on an EV they are even more upset than before.

Last edited:

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The demographic of Mustang Owners in Northern NJ that shop at Whole Foods is not going to be the "hater" crowd. There are a lot of very insecure people out there, typically driving lifted pickup trucks with noisy exhausts who somehow feel threatened by electric vehicles. These are the same idiots who have been trolling Tesla for years, and blocking EV chargers. Now that one of their favorite brands is on an EV they are even more upset than before.
This is my first EV. I never realized people got that excited by whether a vehicle gets its energy from a hose or a wire.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I’m under no illusion that my MME doesn’t depend on fossil fuels nor does that concern me. The pollution out my butt remains more or less constant.
No question that fossil fuels are still involved in the production of BEVs and, to one degree or another, in their fueling. Some members of this forum appear to be using close to 100% sustainable fuels while others are using electricity that has been largely produced using fossil fuels. I am at about 60% solar, 7% wind, 28% gas, and 5% coal. Within 10 years, that should move to 75% solar, 13% wind, 12% gas, and 0% coal (if my utility company meets its goals for the 50% they provide for me). Even if fossil fuel usage was the same for the Mach-E as for an ICE vehicle, I would still love the Mach-E.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No question that fossil fuels are still involved in the production of BEVs and, to one degree or another, in their fueling. Some members of this forum appear to be using close to 100% sustainable fuels while others are using electricity that has been largely produced using fossil fuels. I am at about 60% solar, 7% wind, 28% gas, and 5% coal. Within 10 years, that should move to 75% solar, 13% wind, 12% gas, and 0% coal (if my utility company meets its goals for the 50% they provide for me). Even if fossil fuel usage was the same for the Mach-E as for an ICE vehicle, I would still love the Mach-E.
Aside from a penchant for new technology my motivation is more good old fashioned stinginess. I figure gas and diesel prices are going to spike.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
But for those who are surprised by this thread, get ready...there's going to be the vocal minority of people telling you "that's not a Mustang". Thankfully, those type of people will be filling up their F-150s at gas stations where we won't be going lol
My wife is going to be one of the F-150 people - she is waiting on EV version though :)

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
When I was at the dealership today, I saw a husband and wife hop out of the demo ER RWD after their test drive and they came out beaming so I asked what they thought and the guy pointed to a 2020 GT convertible and said he’s been waiting for the Mach E to join his stable so not everyone is on board with #notmymustang
I love my 06 Mustang convertible and can't wait for my new MMe to join it.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
So I was in my new Mach-E driving around and this guy in a beat up old F-150 flashed his brights at me an shot me a thumbs down as he passed me in the oncoming lane. Made me wonder, has anyone else received any public hate since having your car?
Quick trip from Sacramento area to Reno - today - 3 thumbs and lots of looks but no hate. Overall the car is still being well received. Two of the thumbs up were from people driving Ford pickup trucks.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
My wife is going to be one of the F-150 people - she is waiting on EV version though :)
I will be genuinely be amazed if the BEV F-150 isn't a major smash hit. The hybrid is doing very well already.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We have neanderthals here who buy a new pickup truck and the first thing they do is install custom dual exhaust, removing the converters. They're loud and they stink. I haven't encountered any yet while in my MME, but I doubt they'll be impressed!
and put massive wheels and tires on them.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
But for those who are surprised by this thread, get ready...there's going to be the vocal minority of people telling you "that's not a Mustang". Thankfully, those type of people will be filling up their F-150s at gas stations where we won't be going lol

Wouldn't it be fun to have followed that F150 to a gas station, rolled down your widow, and started laughing like crazy?

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag