What Do You Hate About Your Mach-E?

Harlaquin72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Like someone else said it has killed my enjoyment of cars. I was a serial flipper , not for money but because i just like new cars and want to own them. I had cars like the civic type-r, c8 corvette 3lt z51, mustang gt with performance tunes and heavily modded for track, camaro zl1, a supra... and in the evs have had bmw edrive 40 and the bmw m50 , a audi etron s and now the mach e.

I have been looking for a new car to get but the evs have killed it. The mach e gt wil beat any of the gas cars i had and there is nothing coming out (at least nothing attainable) in the ice range that even comes close to acceleration and hp unless you spend over 100k and even then most of them cant beat the zero to 60 of the mach e and also cant give you the slung off an aircraft carrier feeling of acceleration. not to mention any of them get 6 miles to the gallon if they even come close.

even the new evs coming are gonna suck. sub 30k evs with minimal compliments and most only have 200 to 300 hp. i honestly dont see a car coming the next year i would buy or holds a candle to the mache. Ive even canceled my lotus emira order because eh compared to the mach e specs its not a car worth 90k with a toyota engine in it.

the mach e has honestly ruined cars for me.
Sponsored

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Like someone else said it has killed my enjoyment of cars. I was a serial flipper , not for money but because i just like new cars and want to own them. I had cars like the civic type-r, c8 corvette 3lt z51, mustang gt with performance tunes and heavily modded for track, camaro zl1, a supra... and in the evs have had bmw edrive 40 and the bmw m50 , a audi etron s and now the mach e.

I have been looking for a new car to get but the evs have killed it. The mach e gt wil beat any of the gas cars i had and there is nothing coming out (at least nothing attainable) in the ice range that even comes close to acceleration and hp unless you spend over 100k and even then most of them cant beat the zero to 60 of the mach e and also cant give you the slung off an aircraft carrier feeling of acceleration. not to mention any of them get 6 miles to the gallon if they even come close.

even the new evs coming are gonna suck. sub 30k evs with minimal compliments and most only have 200 to 300 hp. i honestly dont see a car coming the next year i would buy or holds a candle to the mache. Ive even canceled my lotus emira order because eh compared to the mach e specs its not a car worth 90k with a toyota engine in it.

This makes me happy to have bought a select. I still have more to look forward to. 😁

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
After reading Rick's masterful post on determining range (or not worrying about it, as the case may be), I found a new thing to hate: All the other cars on the road. Pedestrians, too. And dogs. Rrally, anything that prevents me from wanton WoTs and 4-wheel power slides whenever I want. If everyone else would just get the heck out of my way, I would be much happier with my car.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
After reading Rick's masterful post on determining range (or not worrying about it, as the case may be), I found a new thing to hate: All the other cars on the road. Pedestrians, too. And dogs. Rrally, anything that prevents me from wanton WoTs and 4-wheel power slides whenever I want. If everyone else would just get the heck out of my way, I would be much happier with my car.
That's what track days and autocross are for.

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
The "WATCH THE ROAD" nag. Could have done a better job locating the sensor so it wouldn't keep going off any time it gets obstructed for more than 2-3 seconds.

Blue cruise handsfree disengaging and taking forever to reengage at the ends of on ramps.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Carplay keeps stopping the audio again. Re-adding my phone almost weekly is getting old pretty quick. Temp quick fix is Sync reboot. But it'll probably do it again the next time I drive it. Nuking the phone from sync fixes it for a week or so. (May well just be a crappy carplay issue and not Sync)

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I hate it that with nice weather and the windows down, I can smell everyone else's exhaust. That's not necessarily Mach e specific, but it was this morning.

MachyMikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach-E GTPE Nite Pony, 23 Bronco Sasquatch
Country flag
well now I hate that a brand new one is $12,000 less than mine only a couple months later since Ford dropped the price twice since January

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
This. Happens when the wipers are on Auto and running anything less than full whack. They settle into the "off" position at the bottom of every stroke instead of just resting at "ready" for 0.24 seconds.

And they squeak when they do it.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
Faster charging please... 200KW? Other than that I love my MME!

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

My R1T will smoke your MME. By Xmas I am moving up to a Hummer EV. You just need to think quicker.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Eh. The thing that I hate about the MME is thus far, it’s spent more time in the shop over the past two years than my cars have spent in the shop in the past decade. Some of that has to do with the fact that my car has a new car warranty, but two HVJB failures, one glass recall, one fob programming, one suspension fault, and now one SVS due to the temp of the motor not being in spec, these cars have a lot of initial quality issues.

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Why no sensor to open the frunk like the hatch ?
Sponsored