Canricco

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I was curious, my current car, a PHEV, will turn off automatically when I park and open the driver side door, without actually switching off the car with the button. Is there a similar function with the MME? Or, if I walk away with the climate control on, will it eventually turn off?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I was curious, my current car, a PHEV, will turn off automatically when I park and open the driver side door, without actually switching off the car with the button. Is there a similar function with the MME? Or, if I walk away with the climate control on, will it eventually turn off?
Yes. There is an auto-off but it is optional. You’ll find it in the settings.

Turning this off is effectively “dog mode”

OP
OP

Canricco

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Yes. There is an auto-off but it is optional. You’ll find it in the settings.

Turning this off is effectively “dog mode”
Thanks for the answer. But I hope there’s some kind of protection that ensures that the battery doesn’t drain if it’s forgotten in this « dog mode ». :)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks for the answer. But I hope there’s some kind of protection that ensures that the battery doesn’t drain if it’s forgotten in this « dog mode ». :)
I guess a drained battery is better than a drained dog.

Just enable auto-off so you don’t have to worry about it.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
On a PHEV the car has to turn off in order to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. It's a requirement. No such issues with a BEV so it would be optional.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
Once I left my focus on all night and the battery (12 v) was dead. A setting option is great.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
We'll be turning it off since we take the dog with us a lot. Bottom line, we'll be using our common sense and won't do it if the battery is anywhere near the low end of the charge, and also we’ll be checking the vehicle status on the FordPass app. and limiting the time we’re away from the vehicle to 30 minutes. If the battery completely drains, you can’t open the doors and it’s a long complicated process involving jumper cables to get the doors open. Not something you want if your dog is in there and it’s 100 degrees.

MarknKC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
New owner here. Only had mine for a month. I take my dog everywhere with me. I've noticed my time out setting resets every time I turn the car off. Is this normal? It's a minor annoyance, I just want to make sure I don't need to file a bug report. Strange that it will let me turn off the rear seat occupant warning but auto-shutoff seems to be hard-wired in the code.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
As a dog, I appreciate Dog Mode.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I did not realize it would shut itself off, and I went down to my car to take a nap in the back seat while staying with my mom at the hospital a couple of months ago. With the AC running, that big glass sunroof isn't a big deal with the Texas sun beating down on it ... but when the car turns itself off, you wake up in a pool of sweat :) Wish I'd known I could have turned that feature off!

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I leave my mache on all the time for my dog. Turn off 30 min off timer under vehicle in settings.

MarknKC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The Auto-off (Vehicle Power Down Timer) resets after every ignition cycle.
Thanks! I figured that was the case. Maybe someday Ford will install user defined shortcuts that will let me have custom icons to get to that setting more easily.

Now on to my next glitch(?) of my vehicle icon changing color from black to white after I back the car out of the driveway and switch to Drive. Super minor compared to what other people on this forum have dealt with, but still...

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I did not realize it would shut itself off, and I went down to my car to take a nap in the back seat while staying with my mom at the hospital a couple of months ago. With the AC running, that big glass sunroof isn't a big deal with the Texas sun beating down on it ... but when the car turns itself off, you wake up in a pool of sweat :) Wish I'd known I could have turned that feature off!
If you had not been asleep it would have warned you. We took our Mach E to a drive-in concert last weekend and left the radio on, so I kept the car on. After 30 minutes a message came up and I cleared it with the OK button, then the car never shut off again. Worked perfectly.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Thanks! I figured that was the case. Maybe someday Ford will install user defined shortcuts that will let me have custom icons to get to that setting more easily.

Now on to my next glitch(?) of my vehicle icon changing color from black to white after I back the car out of the driveway and switch to Drive. Super minor compared to what other people on this forum have dealt with, but still...
That's normal from what I can gather. It's a white car when the headlights are off, and black when they're on. Based on the dash night mode.
Sponsored