wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
I avoid driving behind trucks because of the potential for rock chips on the windshield. However, I still have already had a few (just over 8K mies total o the car). I was wondering if something in the design of the car contributes aerodynamically or in some other way to a greater than average number of rock chips. Does anyone else notice what might seem like an inordinate number of chips?

Thanks
Sponsored

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I got a chip in mine on day 6. I don’t even think anyone was in front of me (but I was on the highway). Must have been something kicked up from a lane to the side. In any case, it seems a little strange. I feel like I’ve noticed a few of these threads.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I have 22k miles and live in a rural area with lots of farming, cattle and horses. I don't have a single rock chip, but in previous vehicles when I had them I always purchased this kit on amazon and repaired them myself in a matter of minutes and for a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
I have 22k miles and live in a rural area with lots of farming, cattle and horses. I don't have a single rock chip, but in previous vehicles when I had them I always purchased this kit on amazon and repaired them myself in a matter of minutes and for a fraction of the cost.
Thanks for the information and the link to the repair kit. I guess I’m just having bad luck. It’s also not that bad.
Sponsored