Wireless charging with iPhone 12 Pro stops after a few minutes

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I have an iPhone 12 Max with the Magsafe clear case. Place it on the mat and it starts charging. However, after a few minutes, the charging stops. Lifting up the phone and placing it back on the mat resumes charging, but it stops again after a few minutes...

Not sure if it's the charging pad, the iPhone, Magsafe etc.

Anyone experience this issue?
Sponsored

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I have the same issue, could be the magsafe or the case. Not sure which yet.

MachFlyer

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2WD ER, 2016 Prius V
Occupation
Engineering Management
Country flag
I have the same isue. iPhone 12 pro stops charging after 3 minutes or so. Tried charging without the case and without the mat with the same result. I hope there is a fix or TSB coming.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Same issue. It’s like there is precisely one tiny coil baked in there. Any movement and it stops charging

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have an iPhone 12 Max with the Magsafe clear case. Place it on the mat and it starts charging. However, after a few minutes, the charging stops. Lifting up the phone and placing it back on the mat resumes charging, but it stops again after a few minutes...

I have an iPhone 12Pro with silicone MagSafe case. Mine charges reliably in my Mach-E and has done so for the five weeks I have had the Mach-E.

mrkernahan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD
Country flag
I’m also having this issue. iPhone 12 Pro, with and without case. It’s definitely not just because the phone moved. I’ve reliably had it start charging in every position on the pad but then stops charging. When it stops I just slide it to a different part of the pad and it starts up again. Annoying.

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21+ and am having the same issue, so I doubt it's specific to magsafe.

It's so irritating as I think it's charging and then it's not. And I don't think it's movement from the car as the phone isn't really moving. I'm wondering if it's just a really small/bad charger built in. It's a shame as this was a feature I was really looking forward to and it seems most other manufacturers have gotten right.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I had this issue last week using the wireless charging pad in a rental Highlander. In fact, once it stopped charging it wouldn't start again until I turned off the car and restarted, no matter how much I fiddled with it. I just got my Mach E today, but I have some driving to do tomorrow and will check if I have the same issues with my Pixel 4XL.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mine too. I haven't tried without the case yet but find if I move it around to the right spot it will reconnect but only for a while.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Been riding around in a MMe rental for the last couple days to get a better feel for it until my own comes in. I have a Galaxy s21+, after taking off my case and taking out the mat, it will continue to charge but my phone gets very warm. I'm just going to avoid using it and use my trusty cord instead when my MMe comes in.

BMDAVIS4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 - 2020 Ford Edge
Occupation
Service Manager at Ford Dealership
Country flag
Looking to see if anybody has come up with something for this. I actually work at a Service department and a client has this issue they have a Iphone 12 Pro and they have had this wireless charging issue. We actually have checked his Mach E out checked wiring and all. We used a android and it worked normal with no issue.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have an iPhone 12 Mini in an Apple silicone case. It doesn't slide around at all, and charging seems to work fine. Even if I move it around to different spots on the charging pad, it keeps on charging. I haven't taken a long enough trip yet to see if it will stop charging at some point, but charging for 45 minutes wasn't an issue.

COLabLover

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag

I had this same issue with my iPhone 11 with the case it was in. I changed to a different case and it works fine. I had to make sure the phone was completely flat on that side, not on the dividers.

GatorCat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
I’ve got that problem too. Have an iPhone 12 Pro with clear Magsafe case. Will charge for a couple of min then stop. I tested it when I wasn’t actually driving and it still stopped so it’s not movement causing the issue. I reliably use other QI chargers at home no problem.

Not sure this is enough to go to the dealer over.
Sponsored