Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
With the short burst of warmth here in the DC area, I decided to go ahead with a 100% charge to see what the range would indicate. It was within a tick of 270 - the highest I've seen seen taking ownership on Halloween 2021. It will be interesting to see the real-world range once temps are consistently above 70 later this Spring.

Screenshot_20220307-134306_FordPass.jpg
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You should get there. :)
Last week was a bit warm here as well...

3-2-22 100 Percent.jpg

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
We are pushing 90 degrees so that should be good for at least 300. I keep telling my Wife that its just an estimate but she likes to see a high number! Lol

OP
OP
jgillmer

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
With the short burst of warmth here in the DC area, I decided to go ahead with a 100% charge to see what the range would indicate. It was within a tick of 270 - the highest I've seen seen taking ownership on Halloween 2021. It will be interesting to see the real-world range once temps are consistently above 70 later this Spring.

Screenshot_20220307-134306_FordPass.jpg
AWD or RWD extended?
GT AWD 88kWh usable capacity

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Charged to 90% today in Charlotte and still only seeing 194. My guess is it's going to take awhile for me to recalibrate since I did many high speed road trips while it was cold. This is good to see though!

rwmiller25

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I'm curious what others are seeing for an average miles per kWh. I have a Premium standard range. I have had my car about 7 months now with a little over 4,000 miles logged. I live in Indiana so have experienced full winter and so far the car lifetime average is at 3.1 miles/kWh. Just curious if this is similar to other with similar climate.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I just did a 1000 mile round trip and averaged 2.6. Only saw a high of 53 degrees during the trip and I set the cruise to 77 through 80 mph. Did the same trip in my wife's ICE car and the "fuel" bill was over twice as much.

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
We have had ours for nearly a year. We are at just over 12,000 miles. On a daily basis, we average 3.5-4.8 miles/kWh. At 100%, our range shows between 250-285. This is a SR Premium.

During roadtrips, though, it's a different story. 2.8-3.7 miles/kWh (depends on top speed, wind, etc.).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm curious what others are seeing for an average miles per kWh. I have a Premium standard range. I have had my car about 7 months now with a little over 4,000 miles logged. I live in Indiana so have experienced full winter and so far the car lifetime average is at 3.1 miles/kWh. Just curious if this is similar to other with similar climate.
I am right around 3.3 mi/kWh. Almost 32k miles on the vehicle so far.
First Edition (Premium AWD EX)

OP
OP
jgillmer

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
Charged to 90% today in Charlotte and still only seeing 194. My guess is it's going to take awhile for me to recalibrate since I did many high speed road trips while it was cold. This is good to see though!
I recommend tracking what you're currently seeing in miles per kW - that will give you an idea of what your true range is. My bet is that your 194 not moving much higher is that the use of the heater all winter has the algorithm thinking the worst case scenario. The other item you can try is resetting the historical tracking of your past range (besaically default to factory) - you should see a range then within 10% of your MME's specs.

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I recommend tracking what you're currently seeing in miles per kW - that will give you an idea of what your true range is. My bet is that your 194 not moving much higher is that the use of the heater all winter has the algorithm thinking the worst case scenario. The other item you can try is resetting the historical tracking of your past range (besaically default to factory) - you should see a range then within 10% of your MME's specs.
Yup, absolutely. I track mi/kWh on roadtrips, less so in day to day driving. I’ll let it ride for the time being, good exercise to see how quickly it adjusts. My guess is Ford is aggressive at lowering GOM, and conservative raising it. 3k cold winter miles, 2k of which were road trips, will take some time to unwind.
Sponsored