Wood dash kit?

MachHI

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD (Standard Range)
Country flag
I love wood grain in cars, to me there is nothing more attractive. Anyone heard of a company planning a wood dash kit for the MME?
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Could you describe what parts of the dash you would use wood trim on? I’m having a problem picturing it? (This from a former Jaguar owner - they know a thing or to about very tasteful word trims in autos.)

OP
OP

MachHI

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Could you describe what parts of the dash you would use wood trim on? I’m having a problem picturing it? (This from a former Jaguar owner - they know a thing or to about very tasteful word trims in autos.)
I've got a strip of carbon fiber going across my dash on the premium, not sure what other configurations have but ideally replace the carbon fiber with wood.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I've got a strip of carbon fiber going across my dash on the premium, not sure what other configurations have but ideally replace the carbon fiber with wood.
Got it! BTW, I’m pretty sure that’s not “real” carbon fiber. Just an appliqué.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
I've thought about this too; I kinda like the wood look as well. If you're particularly handy, I bet you could get some super thin wood veneer from a hobby/woodworking shop (Rockler comes to mind) and try laying it out in shapes similar to the surfaces already on the dash. Alternately, you could try a wood-print vinyl, but I'm not sure how cheap those look.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE AWD Premium SR
Country flag
Bingo, I started a thread in December hoping someone would weigh in on how to remove that very same 'carbon fiber' trim to replace or wrap in wood. I had the exact same thought: I miss the warmth of the Giga-trim i3 I first fell in love with, in terms of EVs, and want to bring some of that in.

OP
OP

MachHI

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bingo, I started a thread in December hoping someone would weigh in on how to remove that very same 'carbon fiber' trim to replace or wrap in wood. I had the exact same thought: I miss the warmth of the Giga-trim i3 I first fell in love with, in terms of EVs, and want to bring some of that in.
Yeah I loved the wood interior of my Mercedes B250e If I could get some of that look in the MME it really would be my perfect vehicle.