Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Do you know how long current wait times are?
You read a lot on this Forum about horror stories of others who ordered in 2021 and getting dates pushed a few times so take it as a grain of salt as every order date/month from 2021 differs with a lot of folks.

Here is what I have experienced so far.......These are dates within the 28 weeks as Ford has suggested.

Ordered date confirmed 10/28/21
VIN date 1/20/22
Build date week of 2/14/22
Build completion date 2/22/22
Expected delivery date 4/8 to 4/14/22.....
I am guessing it may be sooner but not tripping even if I do get it exactly on the dates they suggested......
Sponsored

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
I haven't been to this forum for a while since I traded my MME GT back in November, so I may have missed some stuff. My answer is to OP's question is obviously NO, but I do have a few questions for Rsfloodco:

I moved away from Colorado 4 years ago, (after living there for 30 years) but I can't imagine that the roads have changed much. The MME GT's ride was one of the things I couldn't deal with. Is the ride quality one of your factors?

Driving around in the high country is always a risk in any car, especially with the slower semis, RVs, blue haired grannies plodding along while they ogle the changing of the aspen, soccer moms taking junior skiing, text-a-holics, etc. The wonderful thing about the MME GT is that you don't have the same issues the most ICE cars have. It's as quick at 10,000' as it is at sea level. However, after reading that yours could've killed you brings me to another major reason I traded mine away so quickly. Trying to pass someone when the power falls off is the stuff that'll give you PTSD and certainly make you question passing the next time. Turbo cars are great in the mountains, however.

With those being said, if faced with the same decision and living in Colorado; I'd probably trade it, take the money and get a brand-new Audi RS3. The prices and performance are similar. You'll get decent mileage and the RS3 can be made stupid fast after the warranty expires, (we all know how spotty Audi's reliability record is).

Good luck with your decision, regardless of how you choose.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
To me it's a nobrainer to keep driving and swap.

We have a similar situation. Ordered on 5/29. Bought a cancelled order on 7/2, but kept the original order in place. Exact vehicles, except the new one will likely have no kick sensor and different front window glass. Due to price changes, we will pay basically the same price, and have a sticker that is thousands more. And a vehicle with no mileage on it and all the updates. And, it appears we will be able to sell the older one for at least what we paid for it, perhaps more.

I can't imagine we won't take the new one and sell the old one.

brownsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
Not thinking about it too deeply so this could be a silly question but would delaying affect the $7,500 rebate or is that already taken care of?

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
If you take the refund and buy it again do you get another tax rebate?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If you take the refund and buy it again do you get another tax rebate?
Each vehicle is eligible for 1 rebate (by VIN).

You can buy as many vehicles as you like. As long as you have enough tax liability and you aren’t buying to resell, you get all the credits.

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I’m going to admit, I went to a Tesla dealership today. Felt dirty but… Crazy to see the numbers across the board. Depending on model 0-60 1.9 - 3.1. Top speeds 169-200. It’s mid blowing. I admit, I like the S and yes the plaid is cray cray! That said, standard S was 95k with no tax benefit. Still mulllin over this decision. It I could reserve a 2023, I would do that but the 22 with power limiter, meh.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I’m going to admit, I went to a Tesla dealership today. Felt dirty but… Crazy to see the numbers across the board. Depending on model 0-60 1.9 - 3.1. Top speeds 169-200. It’s mid blowing. I admit, I like the S and yes the plaid is cray cray! That said, standard S was 95k with no tax benefit. Still mulllin over this decision. It I could reserve a 2023, I would do that but the 22 with power limiter, meh.
I actually thought about a plaid for a hot minute.

Then realized where I drive I would NEVER be able to use that power.

If the GTPE made my neck hurt for a week after I got it (everyone wanted a test ride and you have to floor it), I can’t imagine what the plaid would do.
Sponsored