Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I actually haven't seen this error in a very long time.
Happened to me 4 times yesterday. Hadnt happened in weeks prior. Who knows.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
It was interesting, on my 21 GT with all updates applied, I was getting it all the time, at least twice a day. But now on my 22 GTPE with NO software updates, I haven't gotten it at all. I go into the dealership next week for them to update everything, it will be interesting to see if I start getting it once everything is up to date.
Are you sure you want the updates? I know I don't.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
They are new things I do want though 🤣 I belive my current Verdon is 4.0.22
I am on 3.5.2. The only new thing I want is the new control to turn on the backup camera. But it's not worth the risk of phone-key problems, settings getting wiped out, drive mode not available, and whatever other hiccups sometimes happen with the power ups.

I'm quitting while I'm ahead.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Happened to me 4 times yesterday. Hadnt happened in weeks prior. Who knows.
Happened to me 4 times today on my outbound trip and once on my return trip. I don't recall this happening to me ever before.

This was my longest drive after getting Priority Update 23-PU0314-CM-LAT on Jul 5.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I'm strting to see "Drive mode not available" on any drive over say 30 miles. Has anyone figured out what this is? The dealer says the car is not providing any codes.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm strting to see "Drive mode not available" on any drive over say 30 miles. Has anyone figured out what this is? The dealer says the car is not providing any codes.
It's a software glitch and the corrective software hasn't been released to us yet.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
I have the same thing. I noticed this started when the Alexa update was first put into Sync. I am not saying it is Alexa related, but it started right around when that downloaded to the car. I have a job 1 AWD/STD, 01/09/2021 build date.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have the same thing. I noticed this started when the Alexa update was first put into Sync. I am not saying it is Alexa related, but it started right around when that downloaded to the car. I have a job 1 AWD/STD, 01/09/2021 build date.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
please read the rest of the thread, it's a known issue and we're waiting on a software fix, no need to take it to dealer.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Alexa is definitely the cause.

Ford Mustang Mach-E “Drive Mode not available” 2023-07-25_03-37-02

Muse

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I came here to find answers, alas. I've only started seeing the drive mode error this yr, and it has happened only a handful (<10) of times on seemingly random occasions, hot weather, cold weather, from garage, from parking, going slow, going fast. Happened just yesterday. No idea what triggers it. Switching car off and on clears it up.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I came here to find answers, alas. I've only started seeing the drive mode error this yr, and it has happened only a handful (<10) of times on seemingly random occasions, hot weather, cold weather, from garage, from parking, going slow, going fast. Happened just yesterday. No idea what triggers it. Switching car off and on clears it up.
I believe it was reported earlier in this thread that it is a known software bug. So it will eventually be fixed via an OTA update.
Sponsored