“Fantastic Deal” on 22 GT voicemail from salesman

Mach Tuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 23 MME GT, 08 Mustang GT Vert, 19 Audi Q7
Country flag
I was curious what a “fantastic deal” entails so I called the dealer back. It seems that a 2022 GT demo model with 5k miles for 3k over sticker is a “fantastic deal” these days. The GT had some options so that brought the price up to just shy of $70k. My 2023 order came to $72k. I guess with the unknown tax incentives of 2023 the 22 GT could come out to be a few bucks cheaper, but a “fantastic deal” I think not. I told the salesman that a fantastic deal could have been sticker minus the 3k for the demo model. Frustrating car buying times at the moment.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
That’s how it’s been for a while, some people have been lucky to at least get demos at MSRP. If they started at $3k markup and left you a voicemail for it, meaning it didn’t fly off the lot, you could probably get MSRP, which might be worth it, especially for the full tax credit that’s up in the air next year.

I’d definitely just go through it like crazy to get any scuffed or damaged items replaced via the Due Bill. Only thing you really get burned on are the tires. If it has the summer tires, they get burned quick when flooring it. But if those are still good, I don’t see the harm. Get the car sooner, tax credit and discount compared to 2023. Plus if you have X Plan and they let you use it… oof!!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have a fantastic deal on a slightly used bridge between San Francisco and Marin. 🤪🐩

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I have a fantastic deal on a slightly used bridge between San Francisco and Marin. 🤪🐩
Is it “golden”??? That much gold could be worth a fortune.

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
I was curious what a “fantastic deal” entails so I called the dealer back. It seems that a 2022 GT demo model with 5k miles for 3k over sticker is a “fantastic deal” these days. The GT had some options so that brought the price up to just shy of $70k. My 2023 order came to $72k. I guess with the unknown tax incentives of 2023 the 22 GT could come out to be a few bucks cheaper, but a “fantastic deal” I think not. I told the salesman that a fantastic deal could have been sticker minus the 3k for the demo model. Frustrating car buying times at the moment.
When did you order the 23? There is a chance you will get it this year. Several of the 10/31 and early November scheduled production cars have estimated delivery to dealers in December.

OP
OP
Mach Tuch

Mach Tuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 23 MME GT, 08 Mustang GT Vert, 19 Audi Q7
Country flag
When did you order the 23? There is a chance you will get it this year. Several of the 10/31 and early November scheduled production cars have estimated delivery to dealers in December.
8/29 ordered
11/21 build
Not much chance it will arrive this year.

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
8/29 ordered
11/21 build
Not much chance it will arrive this year.
Idk, check with Ford chat, they are handing out estimated delivery dates. I’m scheduled for 11/14 production with estimated 12/20 delivery to dealer. One other person scheduled for 11/14 has an delivery date of 12/12, so it’s possible but the window is really small.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Compared to what people are seeing out there, $3k over sticker on a car available now actually is a “fantastic deal.”

You could even buy it and flip it at a higher price and make money (depending on the sales tax in your state).

Of course doing so and pocketing the tax credit wouldn’t be legal. But the point is that a used car dealer would pay more than $3k over sticker for that car right now and because of the tax credit, your price is $7500 less.

For someone who doesn’t already have a 2023 on order……. Fantastic deal.
Sponsored