Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This has now happened 4 or 5 times in 3 months of owning the car, twice yesterday: driving at a steady speed of 60mph on the motorway / highway in Whisper Mode, no cruise control in use, 1-Pedal Drive turns itself off. The icon on the bottom of the IPC disappears and the driver feels the car change behaviour / feel as 1-Pedal Drive is no longer active. Checking the vehicle controls shows the setting still set to ON as seen in the attached photo. Turning that onscreen control OFF and then ON again while driving has no effect. The only way we have found to get 1-Pedal Drive back is to bring the vehicle to a halt, shift to N or P, and then 1-Pedal Drive will immediately re-engage. No error or informational message is displayed at any time.

Mustang Mach E AWD, Standard Range, UK spec, MY 2022 built 15 Jan 2022

I do have some safety concerns about this behaviour: the second time this happened I was not aware 1-Pedal Drive had disengaged itself, I turned off the motorway / highway onto the slip road / off ramp, lifted my foot from the pedal to decelerate but got no deceleration. This was pretty disconcerting as it was not the expected behaviour of the vehicle. I used the brake pedal to bring the vehicle to a safe stop. I am now starting to not trust the vehicle to decelerate when I lift the pedal and keep glancing at the IPC to check the icon. It feels like the beginning of my losing confidence in the vehicle which is not good.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and if there is anything I can do about it other than report it to my dealer?

One pedal driving disengaged.jpg
Try updating your GSM, I have a hunch that might fix it.

OP
OP
cyberman

cyberman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E AWD SR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Try updating your GSM, I have a hunch that might fix it.
Hey Lee, thanks for taking the time to think about this issue for me. It is a reproducible fact that if 1-Pedal Drive disengages while driving then shifting to N (while in motion or after stopping) will re-engage 1-Pedal Drive. I know there is a software update available for the GSM module on my vehicle. The vehicle is booked in for service on Sep 26 (to have 22S41 installed as, for some reason, no cars in the UK are allowed to receive this OTA) so I will ask the technician to consider the possibility that the GSM module is the root cause of the problem. I will post back and let folks know what conclusion the technician comes to. Thanks again for your help!

Duncs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2022
Country flag
Hey Lee, thanks for taking the time to think about this issue for me. It is a reproducible fact that if 1-Pedal Drive disengages while driving then shifting to N (while in motion or after stopping) will re-engage 1-Pedal Drive. I know there is a software update available for the GSM module on my vehicle. The vehicle is booked in for service on Sep 26 (to have 22S41 installed as, for some reason, no cars in the UK are allowed to receive this OTA) so I will ask the technician to consider the possibility that the GSM module is the root cause of the problem. I will post back and let folks know what conclusion the technician comes to. Thanks again for your help!
Did you ever solve this? Dealing with this now and the dealer doesn't see to know how to fix it.

KyzaFurya

First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Information Technology
Country flag
Did you ever solve this? Dealing with this now and the dealer doesn't see to know how to fix it.
I have also had this happen once lately. A turn off & back on got it working again. But dang, wish it didn’t happen.

Duncs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2022
Country flag
I have also had this happen once lately. A turn off & back on got it working again. But dang, wish it didn’t happen.
Ever since I got the big recall, this happens about every 4th drive.

OP
OP
cyberman

cyberman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E AWD SR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, I did resolve this 1-Pedal Drive issue. @Mach-Lee was right: updating the Gear Shift Module (GSM) was carried out at my dealer: it fixed the problem in September 2023 and I have not had the issue at all since then. The dealer told me that they had a Technical Service Bulletin on their system for this issue although I couldn't get them to tell me the number - unless someone on the forum here can supply that. I suggest you ask your dealer to search their Technical Service Bulletins for 1-Pedal Drive and GSM updates. Get them to update your GSM to its latest software and that should fix it. Good luck...
Sponsored