Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
One of my concerns about one pedal driving is the logic Ford uses to determine when the brake lights come on. Has anyone run tests on this yet? One of my primary life philosophies is to consider and signal those behind you. One of my many pet peeves is seeing a driver that appears to always either have their foot on the accelerator or the brake - never coasting. I don't want to appear to be that type of person. I don't want to send a signal too early or too late to the person behind me that I'm slowing down.
Sponsored

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I would find it hard to believe, as a gross oversight, that the brake lights would not come on. Would not be legal if they did not come on. Brake lights are a legal requirement. Both the Volt and the Bolt do.
But then again, I have no first hand driving experience with the MME (mine is somewhere out there).

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On one peddle driving does the mode setting make a difference in the amount of regen?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Have someone follow you and call them hands free with your cell phone. Ask them to let you know if/when the brake lights come on.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I had the same concerns when I took delivery of my current car, Kuga(Escspe) when using adaptive cruise control. I got my wife to follow in her car to test this out and yes, the brake lights came on. This car is 4 years old nearly so I would very surprised if our MME'S don't have the same set up.

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
One of my concerns about one pedal driving is the logic Ford uses to determine when the brake lights come on. Has anyone run tests on this yet? One of my primary life philosophies is to consider and signal those behind you. One of my many pet peeves is seeing a driver that appears to always either have their foot on the accelerator or the brake - never coasting. I don't want to appear to be that type of person. I don't want to send a signal too early or too late to the person behind me that I'm slowing down.
Test drove one in 1PD the other day in the dark where I could see the reflection in the signs behind me and the second I pulled my foot off the gas, the tail lights came on. Did not happen when 1PD was off.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Test drove one in 1PD the other day in the dark where I could see the reflection in the signs behind me and the second I pulled my foot off the gas, the tail lights came on. Did not happen when 1PD was off.
I would hope that there is some sort of logic to the brake lights coming on.

If the car is really slowing down noticeably fine, but if you are just lifting the pressure slightly I hope they don't come on instantly... Nothing more annoying then follow a car that has red blinking xmas lights on

But it all depends on the amount of slowing down force is applied when you pay with the pedal

OP
OP
B25Nut

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
The brake pedal uses regeneration for most braking situations, so I do not feel 1PD will prove to be significantly more efficient. I can also see a split second difference in the time to make the decision to use the brake pedal in an emergency.

Mwjdavies

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR Rapid Red
Country flag
On one peddle driving does the mode setting make a difference in the amount of regen?
I believe so yes (Hopefully others will confirm). So the Unbridled / Untamed mode has the highest form of regen, whilst Whisper has the least so I believe.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
What happens when you release the foot immediately from the pedal?
WIll the car stop immediately?

lotharik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, duh?
Country flag
It comes to a gentle stop. If you're coming up to a stop sign in a residential area, there's a certain distance where you can let off the pedal and not need the brakes at all.

One pedal driving is really smooth and I highly recommend it.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yes--just like you hit the brakes.

In addition, if you're on snow the ABS will kick in (yes first hand experience with this).

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If you ease off the pedal, it will start to slow down, as if you're gently applying brakes. If you fully let off, it slows you down much faster. Like you're applying medium braking. Then if you need more, you can use the brake pedal. But When you let off the accelerator completely, it will come to a complete stop and hold you there until you push the pedal again.

Londonboy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The brake lights come on when foot is lifted completely. You still need to brake if you want an immediate stop.
Sponsored