Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
for cars and homes multiple credit checks don’t hurt you with in a 30 day period.
Each check stays on the credit report for two years. I have 8 credit checks that will drop off July/August 2022 because of mortgage shopping I did in July/August 2020. Even though they "may" not count, places like Credit Karma tell me I have a higher than normal count of credit checks in a short period of time. They may not hurt my credit score but they still stick around for two years. So if I'm going to do a credit check during the online purchase part, I don't want to do it again at the dealer.
Sponsored

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
Each check stays on the credit report for two years. I have 8 credit checks that will drop off July/August 2022 because of mortgage shopping I did in July/August 2020. Even though they "may" not count, places like Credit Karma tell me I have a higher than normal count of credit checks in a short period of time. They may not hurt my credit score but they still stick around for two years. So if I'm going to do a credit check during the online purchase part, I don't want to do it again at the dealer.
No worries, I just picked mine up on the weekend and did the online checkout. They pulled the report during the online process and no need for the dealership to do it as they had the approvals already.

Still took awhile though. Based on the earlier posts, I left my wife and little guy at home and went and wrapped up the paperwork. Glad I did!

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
No multiple mortgage credit checks do not hurt your credit within 30 days. There are no ifs or buts about it. Its a fact. Just google it. Credit Karma algo is just looking at it as a whole. Try applying for mortgage and logging back in credit karma or wallet hub lol. I did refinance last year and they literally prompt you with your algo compare mortgage checks without hurting your credit with in 30 days.

StephsMachE

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Still holding at “in production” Early July order, like most of us multiple production date (5 to be exact) before 12/6 stuck and still no movement.

Anyone have the tracker not updated but the vehicle actually make it to KC?

clonea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford mache premium awd ext (on order), bmw 340gt
Country flag
Still holding at “in production” Early July order, like most of us multiple production date (5 to be exact) before 12/6 stuck and still no movement.

How do we check if it's in KC. Our dealership is basicly useless when we can even get a call back from them they say they know less then what we have on the tracker page witch us a lie I am aware

clonea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford mache premium awd ext (on order), bmw 340gt
Country flag
They updated my ETA by a month to mid March now yesterday. I dont think it really means anything till they put on the chips though.

I do think the articles and updates are finally an acknowledgement of the rising customer frustration with the innumerable delays on ford's part and the neagtive public opinion around their 2021 and early 2022 deliveries. Someone up in the C suite finally figured out that it's not a good business practice to keep taking on orders and assembling cars with no chips. Or maybe they just ran out of room for these cars.
O I deff think the only reason the halted the factory is they ran out of room to put incomplete cars. What kind of idiot even starts production with out first having all the parts

KHwlc317

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag

The dealer just said my car is in Kentucky (order submitted/confirmed 5/28), Ford tracker still shows in production (12/10 and been there for a while) with an estimated delivery of 4/16 (moved from 1/17). Palsapp shows no movement so not sure if or why the car would be in Kentucky, I think my dealer is just pulling names out of a hat because he's as tired of this whole drama as I am.

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, Prius V, Mach-E (2021 in 2022)
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
(I mistakenly reported my ETA went back to TBD. I crossed out that, but managed to delete it instead, thus leading to this weirdly convoluted post...)

No, still 5/1. Foggy in the brain this AM, the progress bar shows TBD, as it has for a long time; the Est Delivery below is still 5/1. Yay?

Last edited:

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The dealer just said my car is in Kentucky (order submitted/confirmed 5/28), Ford tracker still shows in production (12/10 and been there for a while) with an estimated delivery of 4/16 (moved from 1/17). Palsapp shows no movement so not sure if or why the car would be in Kentucky, I think my dealer is just pulling names out of a hat because he's as tired of this whole drama as I am.
I am also the proud owner of an MME 12/10 production date going nowhere in Mexico, as far as anyone knows, but I have an estimated delivery date of 3/2 as shown on Ford tracker.

StephsMachE

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
How do we check if it's in KC. Our dealership is basicly useless when we can even get a call back from them they say they know less then what we have on the tracker page witch us a lie I am aware
palsapp.com

put in your VIN.

if it says null and shows pending at the end it hasn’t made it to KC. When it arrives it will show the ramp etc (all completed each box)

musty123

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E RWD Premuium/Extended Battery
Country flag
Even though my husband and I bought a MME from a dealer, we are still watching our ordered MME on our activated FordPass to see how it progresses.
Just a heads up for our "twins" (@kennethjk @lonndog ): this morning our ordered car moved from offsite parking back to the lot next to the Ford plant. Something seems to be happening!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Even though my husband and I bought a MME from a dealer, we are still watching our ordered MME on our activated FordPass to see how it progresses.
Just a heads up for our "twins" (@kennethjk @lonndog ): this morning our ordered car moved from offsite parking back to the lot next to the Ford plant. Something seems to be happening!
I just went to fordpass and tried to activate and this came back

another user Is currently in the activation process Causing it to be unavailable now, hope that means something positive

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fingers crossed for you all. Sure sounds like something is up!
Fordpass has an alert explaining how to pre condition car in the winter, it would help if I had the car

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, Prius V, Mach-E (2021 in 2022)
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
Fordpass has an alert explaining how to pre condition car in the winter, it would help if I had the car
Yeah I saw that. It's winter here in San Diego county, but it's going to be 80F at the coast today. Winter preconditioning is free here.

Now if I just had my Mach-E.

Note to readers: @kennethjk and I are indeed Mach-E twinsies, but unusually for twins, we have wildly divergent delivery dates.
Sponsored