12V battery warning

Breakneck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021, Premium, AWD, Shadow Black
Hi everyone. I am getting a message that my 12V battery must be serviced soon. What causes that? 😕
Sponsored

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m no expert but I think that I have read on this forum that our little battery only lasts about three years.

You have a 2021?

Maybe you need a new battery.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Hi everyone. I am getting a message that my 12V battery must be serviced soon. What causes that? 😕
How do you charge? Consider leaving it on the 120v charger for 10hrs or so to charge up the 12v as it ups the voltage and gives it much longer to absorb the charge.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
this thread (the first post specifically is well worth the read)
Other things, do you have any aftermarket that may be causing a drain like dash cam etc? You can check the status of your 12v battery on the ford.com website. Log in upper right you'll see the person icon, click on that, drop down menu click on "sign in" then go back to upper right click on person icon again. you'll see something like ".... account" mine is "chris account", it's the first one below the person icon, click on that, it'll give the battery status of the 12v.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/12v-battery-faq.32744/

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
My 12v battery lasted only 9 months. I noticed I was not getting OTA updates and realized it was likely due to the 12v SOC being < 70% most of the time, even when I charged it with a battery tender. Upon visual inspection, I notice the battery case has swelled a lot. Dealer didn't even load test it and replaced it on the spot.

I'm not sure why it only made it 9 months. Maybe the Phoenix heat got to it last summer. I don't even drive it every day, so maybe not.

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Likely a bad 12V battery. It is work out.

My 12v battery lasted only 9 months. I noticed I was not getting OTA updates and realized it was likely due to the 12v SOC being < 70% most of the time, even when I charged it with a battery tender. Upon visual inspection, I notice the battery case has swelled a lot. Dealer didn't even load test it and replaced it on the spot.

I'm not sure why it only made it 9 months. Maybe the Phoenix heat got to it last summer. I don't even drive it every day, so maybe not.
I'm on my 3rd 12V battery. I measured that my 12V battery SoC drains 20% every night, which were it out quickly. I have not fully found the root cause, but i suspect that PAAK wakes up the car unnecessarily.

PeterA

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I had the same warning flash on the screen, then next day got a text on my Ford app with the same warning. Took it to the dealer, they checked and said they could find noting wrong and the battery was fully charged!!
Sponsored