20,000 mile checkin - post yours when you hit the mark

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Fast approaching 40K and 50K by July. All good. Averaging 3.5 Mi/KWh. ~3.1 winter ~3.9 summer. Saved ~ $8K in gas, used ~$600 in electricity. $300 annual BEV charge to state. Probably need tires by late spring. Complaints minor if at all.
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'm at 20k. I'll offer mostly the same complaints and observations that some of you pointed out already...

Pros
  1. Ride is smooth, and quiet. It's not really a "Mustang", but that's not what were going for.
  2. Handling and suspension is tight and acceleration is reasonably quick. This is more "Mustang".
  3. Interior comfort and materials are nice and on par for this price point.
  4. Does everything I'd expect, and saves money. I'm satisfied with that much. Things like the big drainable Frunk are a nice EV bonus.
Overall, I'm very happy with the car after 2 years and 20000+ miles. I haven't experienced the HVJB issue yet, so maybe I'm biased :)

Cons
  1. Software. Far and away, incredibly slow software update rollouts, the annoying UI bugs (like profiles getting stuck on guest mode, stations showing incorrectly, inability to close the camera app) are the most frustrating part of owning the car. Overall, it works, but PAAK and app inconsistency and software bugs sour the experience in a big way.
  2. Slow software update rollout. Case in point... Frunk button still missing for job 1 cars. Sometimes feels like they don't care.
  3. Lack of 'Utility' Features. This is supposed to be an 'SUV', but it does feel more like a car. No 120V outlets, no tow hitch, inconvenient cargo hooks, lack of driver utility information like current regen (F-150 lightning has this) are a bit disappointing.
  4. Lack of rear heated seats. Especially in an EV, I'd think this would be a bigger priority. And on a $55k car, I'd more than have expected this. Disappointed that they don't exist.
  5. Lack of Integrated Dashcams or Sentry Mode . This is something the car has the hardware for and feels like a big miss in a market dominated by Teslas.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
27.5k after 22mos of ownership... Love the car, but much like dating a beautiful woman, I wouldn't trade her in, but damn there's some stuff that annoys the crap out of me.

Aesthetically, the car is a dream. Fit and finish is excellent. Gorgeous exterior. Still a head turner - especially in grabber blue. High quality interior. I wish the cheap plastic front and rear trim didn't nick so easily - get the front PPF'd pronto!

Mechanically, the car is nearly flawless. Only issues so far:
  • IPC screen buzz (Ford replaced mine, and the new screen is quieter, but you can still hear if listening for it)
  • front axle half shafts needed to be replaced under warranty (the clicking issue during tight turns)
  • very sporadic front camera faults (caused by crimped coaxial cable in headliner, has not been fixed yet)
  • rain sensing wipers sometimes trigger on dry days (doesn't appear to be a fix)
  • have not had the HVJB issue
Public charging remains a pretty serious PITA, especially here in Kansas.

Software is still very much a work in progress, and it is quite frustrating how slow Ford has been to correct some bugs/deficiencies:
  • Door Roulette: still having issues with some doors not opening unless another door is opened first - had to have the door control modules reprogrammed twice and I'll probably have to do it again.
  • PAAK doesn't work as good as it should. Car fails to wake up on approach, or takes at least 5 seconds to do so, to open the doors. Once I'm in, Ford has pretty much fixed the "no key detected" issue.
  • Ford refuses to allow alarm interior motion sensors to be turned off, despite having settings that supposedly allow this. The only semi-solution is to cover the sensors with tape. That is pathetic.
  • The car reverts to guest profile upon every remote start. Not a huge deal once you change the guest profile settings to match your profile, but it's just stupid and should be so easy to fix.
  • Ford still hasn't enabled onscreen or FordPass frunk release for Job 1 2021s. Not a huge deal now that I can use the doorsill 7-8 trick, but another thing that's frustrating because it should be so easy.
  • Even with the refreshed UI, Ford still hasn't added one-tap trunk or frunk access to the top ribbon. Still nested in settings, which is stupid.
  • Speaking of refreshed UI, I still don't have it, because OTA deployment remains buggy as hell. Despite being in the Early Access Program, I have not received an update in months and I am stuck 4 releases behind. Ford says I have to make yet another trip to the dealership to hopefully get unstuck.
Sponsored