bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
The Virgin Islands have the worst of both worlds. I lived in the US Virgin Islands for a couple years and then commuted back and forth from the states. The cars are designed for right hand traffic but the roads are left hand traffic. Front seat passengers were against the center line and you had to think about how close to that center line you would get.

When I was commuting back and forth (a week on island then a week off island), it got really confusing when jumping into a car at the airport.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
The Virgin Islands have the worst of both worlds. I lived in the US Virgin Islands for a couple years and then commuted back and forth from the states. The cars are designed for right hand traffic but the roads are left hand traffic. Front seat passengers were against the center line and you had to think about how close to that center line you would get.

When I was commuting back and forth (a week on island then a week off island), it got really confusing when jumping into a car at the airport.
When I was in the Air Force and stationed in England, the US Government shipped my American car over there. Not only was it hard to judge how close you were to the centerline, it made passing on two lane roads a bit dangerous.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag

When visiting these locations, it stands out how many cars have passenger side damage on them.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Seems odd to have a code for Restraint System Category in the VIN.....when did that become a thing
I don't know, but at least back in 2000 it was standard for Ford in the 4th position. Maybe longer?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

I had one year where my travel meant I drove in all four configurations.
US: Left Hand Drive, drive on right
US Virgin Islands: Left Hand Drive, drive on left (rental car from US market)
Australia: Right Hand Drive, drive on left
Palau: Right Hand Drive, drive on right (rental car from Japanese market)

Not sure whether USVI or Palau was worse. While uncomfortable in RHD in Palau it made you think about what you were doing. In USVI it was easy to forget you needed to be on the wrong side of the road.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Do the last few digits (serial no) map to date of manufacture?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No. It is just a serial number to identify the specific vehicle.

Reactions: UW2

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Not to date of manufacture. They map to order of serial numbers assigned, and the build dates are not assigned sequentially. Build dates are impacted by other factors such as destination region, such that a later serial number could be scheduled to be built sooner for logistics or other reasons.

Reactions: UW2

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Checks out! This is from the Black Mach-E on the east coast road tour we've all seen recently.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E Mustang VIN Decoder PXL_20201107_172406879

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
i "think" i know the positions i miss:

5th and 6th positions can be 101 different combinations when i reverse-code the VIN but the following 3 are most likely the ones i miss:

K1
KA
KJ

Makes:
3FMTK1EM1MMA00000
3FMTKAEM1MMA00000
3FMTKJEM1MMA00000

but i'm unable to check because https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ only shows USA-VIN's as far as i know and my local NL FordPass website doesn't allow Mach-E VIN's i tried. that might be because the NL VIN's aren't "released" yet.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I think i found the VIN setup for Mach-E's for Europe. If i follow the setup below i can retrieve a VIN for my Mach-E where i only got the last 11 positions from my dealer.

Position - value
1-3 - WF0 = World Manufacturer Identifier - Europe
4 - T = Body Type
5-6-7 - K1E = Mach-E RWD SR
8 - M - Pland ID = Cuautitlán, Mexico
9 - checksum
10 - M =
11 - M =
12-17 - A00000-F99999