smhenn

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Wow 2 days later and 3.5.3. Full screen android auto and reconfigured HVAC!
Just got it on mine as well. Keep those updates rolling Ford!
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Why is that an issue? Full battery sitting there for an extended time, or something else? (Not meaning this to have a negative tone - genuinely curious)
It's not good for the battery to be sitting at 100% for an extended period of time. Charging it to that state in preparation for a trip or during a trip is fine, you'll be using it the next day. Now I'm at 100% and will be for 11 more days. It's also in the owner's manual, although the reasons are not stated (of course). There were a bunch of threads on this while all of us were waiting on the MME to start production if you want to delve into the dusty archives and are stunningly bored ;). I usually charge to 80% as I very rarely need more than that for any reason. I've had reason to charge to 100% exactly once in the 17 months I've had the car.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Ok, early February 2021 build, job 1.

This PowerUp downloaded and installed around 8:00 am HST today.

Here are the issues:

1. I have auto update turned OFF.
2. Even if auto update was on, I have it set to install at 2:05 am HST daily. Auto update was off though.
3. I did not tell the car to update when I arrived at the grocery store this morning. I wasn’t even aware yet that it has an available update. I had checked for that before leaving home as the car is in EA, and this thread. :)
4. The car was updating when I came out to load the groceries and go home. The car was unavailable. Luckily the update only lasted no more than 10 minutes after I arrived at the car. Yeah it was foggy, cool (high 50s) and drizzling. :rolleyes:
5. The car charged to 100% after this. It did NOT delete the home location. Checking the map, the car did show itself at home. This is an issue as the car is not going to be driven again until October 10. All my driving between now and then requires a pickup.
Last Update I received; it knocked out the preset charging limits. It's annoying but small price to pay for a Frunk Release Button LOL!!!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last Update I received; it knocked out the preset charging limits. It's annoying but small price to pay for a Frunk Release Button LOL!!!
No Frunk release button. And it did not knock out any preset charging limits, it simply ignored them. The limits are still there.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I got 3.5.3 last night, I have also gotten the 12v battery drain warning the last 2 nights, could it be software related? Anyone else seeing this? Also it is the first cool fall nights in New England, when you would see your 12v struggle, although that battery is not very old. I brought it to the dealer this AM.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I got 3.5.3 last night, I have also gotten the 12v battery drain warning the last 2 nights, could it be software related? Anyone else seeing this? Also it is the first cool fall nights in New England, when you would see your 12v struggle, although that battery is not very old. I brought it to the dealer this AM.
Haven't gotten 3.5.3 yet, but I have been getting the 12v warnings for a couple of months now even pre recent updates. Been to the dealer, they tested the battery and said all good. Not really worrying about it for now. Seems to be just random after an overnight charging about once a week.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Haven't gotten 3.5.3 yet, but I have been getting the 12v warnings for a couple of months now even pre recent updates. Been to the dealer, they tested the battery and said all good. Not really worrying about it for now. Seems to be just random after an overnight charging about once a week.
If you have apps that access your charging info or car data, that's been known to trigger it incessantly and cause drain, like Optiwatt (I think). If you have NO apps but FordPass, then welcome lighting can trigger it, especially if you walk by your garage with your phone in your pocket randomly triggering them. Turning off welcome lighting, which stinks, seems to fix this issue.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I received 3.5.3 last night but didn't notice until I got in the car tonight.

I plugged in last night after the update came and my car still stopped the charge at 90% like it was supposed to. It is strange some people have issues with it ignoring charge location settings.

A few minutes ago I got an alert that Alexa is ready to be set up. Arrrg!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
It's not good for the battery to be sitting at 100% for an extended period of time. Charging it to that state in preparation for a trip or during a trip is fine, you'll be using it the next day. Now I'm at 100% and will be for 11 more days. It's also in the owner's manual, although the reasons are not stated (of course). There were a bunch of threads on this while all of us were waiting on the MME to start production if you want to delve into the dusty archives and are stunningly bored ;). I usually charge to 80% as I very rarely need more than that for any reason. I've had reason to charge to 100% exactly once in the 17 months I've had the car.
Run it up and down the mountain real quick....

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Run it up and down the mountain real quick....
I don’t get home until late (after the bars close I think — I don’t actually know when that is in this state). Going down the mountain generates power. Going up? That’s the trick — 1.2 miles per kWh when I’m lucky. I leave early tomorrow as well. Wash rinse and repeat until the 9th.

3.5.3 downloaded and installed today. Once again automatic updates was turned off.

Last edited:

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Ok, I'm fairly impressed. Got 3.5.3 yesterday and woke up to Alexa in my Job 1 2021. Hopefully this is a sign that try have this worked out finally. Most thrilled to have full screen AA though.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Similar, they cleared it, ran the tests, said no error came back and they sent me on my way. Oh, but I now have working Alexa

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, I just got 3.5.2 for the second time with a as couple of others in between. I think Ford does this to prep the car fire 3.5.3 and beyond.