78E654BA-85F0-4636-A5CA-16CFE6EF3C65.jpeg
Sponsored

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Reasonable theory, but nope - tried it both connected to wifi and not connected.
You are not missing much (if you are still unable to get past the initial setup). In the current state it is barely functional anyway: asking it to set cabin temperature works, but so did SYNC before Alexa; asking it to set the seat or steering wheel warmer/heater yielded either "I don't know how to do that" or "your vehicle does not support it" depending on how I phrased the questions; asking it to navigate to specific places or addresses the success rate was only 50% - but to give Alexa credit, at least it makes the exact same mistakes consistently no matter how many times I asked for the same destination - Google Assistant via Android Auto is hardly error-free, but it never suffered failures when I asked for the same set of places/addresses over the last five years. The only reason I am willing to try it is because the Amazon Music app has this stupid behavior of frequently bugging me to upgrade to a paid plan over the "free" Prime tier, and the button to dismiss is not available on the screen it projects via Android Auto. As it turns out, when I ask Alexa to play music it works only if the car is connected to the Internet over Wi-Fi (e.g., tethered to my phone), or it insists that a subscription to the Ford streaming plan is required (ignoring that my car already has Internet access due to a subscription to AT&T's In-Car Wi-Fi data plan).

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
asking it to navigate to specific places or addresses the success rate was only 50%
Try making that request using Hawaiian place names and streets. I now have a great deal more empathy for the Scottish lady trying to get Alexa to play some music. :)

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Try making that request using Hawaiian place names and streets. I now have a great deal more empathy for the Scottish lady trying to get Alexa to play some music. :)

Scottish accents famously cause problems with voice recognition.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Scottish accents famously cause problems with voice recognition.

My mother is from Scotland. I always found these sort of things confusing when I was young. She sounded perfectly normal to me. ;)

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Circling back, I just got 3.5.3.3 and everything working, 2021 Job 2, EA

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Job 1 '21 Non-EA, just got 3.5.2
In Canada here and just got 3.5.2 myself about an hour ago while out on some errands. So I'm guessing that CA trails the US by a month maybe?

How long did you wait between 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 (assuming you got it already)? From what I saw elsewhere maybe 1.5 to 2 weeks. Begin holding breath...

EDIT -- Mis-read your timestamp. Maybe we're on a similar rollout schedule. I was starting to worry that Canadian Mach-Es won't get features like Alexa / Youtube. But maybe there's hope yet!

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
My Mach-E also just got 3.5.2 about an hour ago. Seems like the OTA train is on it's way again! Is this PowerUp 3.5+ series the big updates that was mentioned months ago which changes the interface to something new and exciting?

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
My Mach-E also just got 3.5.2 about an hour ago. Seems like the OTA train is on it's way again! Is this PowerUp 3.5+ series the big updates that was mentioned months ago which changes the interface to something new and exciting?
Not really, but a few improvements. You get a button to turn on/off AC just below the Auto. You get alexa, new games, and streaming services. There may be more, but I dont think so, the 2023s got a more significant update I think.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Let’s hope the frunk is in this series
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021MY Just Got Software Update 3.5.2 1665001580901

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
And auto update was off. It shouldn’t update at all with auto update off. All it’ll do is tell you an update is available.
Mine is off and I just received the expected notification which asks me to accept. I decided to let it install since I am curious if my charge locations and schedule will be erased again.
???

20221005_125615.jpg

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
Job 1 (May 2021) in EA and I just got 3.5.3 today. Had to reset center stack to get my driver profile to work as it was stuck in the "Guest" one until I did so.

I see the new AC control, new games and a "turn on/off charge light" switch but no streaming or software frunk opener yet. Does streaming require me to have a wireless account setup with the in-car hotspot and is that why I'm not seeing that yet?

Update says, "Alexa Built-In" is "almost here." - I guess additional updates are coming.

Reactions: ARK

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Job 1 (May 2021) in EA and I just got 3.5.3 today. Had to reset center stack to get my driver profile to work as it was stuck in the "Guest" one until I did so.

I see the new AC control, new games and a "turn on/off charge light" switch but no streaming or software frunk opener yet. Does streaming require me to have a wireless account setup with the in-car hotspot and is that why I'm not seeing that yet?

Update says, "Alexa Built-In" is "almost here." - I guess additional updates are coming.
streaming comes in 3.5.3.3, it's a very small update
Sponsored