jdorynek16

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Graber Blue
Country flag
My MME updated this week to 3.5.2 and ever since that update my Apple CarPlay wasn't worked as before. It still connects wirelessly, but the console screen is blank when I clock on the app button. I can still navigate through my phone, but who wants to do that. Is anyone else having this isssue?

Thanks
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Try giving sync a reboot by holding the volume down and skip ⏭ button on the steering wheel until the screen goes black.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
My MME updated this week to 3.5.2 and ever since that update my Apple CarPlay wasn't worked as before. It still connects wirelessly, but the console screen is blank when I clock on the app button. I can still navigate through my phone, but who wants to do that. Is anyone else having this isssue?

Thanks
Nope working fine for me just as before the update.

OP
OP

jdorynek16

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've tried that a few times and nothing. I've even tried deleting my phone and reconnecting.

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White Metallic)
Country flag
I've tried that a few times and nothing. I've even tried deleting my phone and reconnecting.
Is there any chance of you testing with a different iPhone (and/or an Android phone) to see if it's exclusive to just your phone?

Also: Did you try connecting using a Lightning USB cable?

OP
OP

jdorynek16

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there any chance of you testing with a different iPhone (and/or an Android phone) to see if it's exclusive to just your phone?

Also: Did you try connecting using a Lightning USB cable?
i tried with a cable and the same thing. I’ll have to try with a different phone tomorrow.

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
I got in mine yesterday and it wouldn't connect to carplay at all which hasn't happened to me in a long, long time. I got home and I got the message that I had a pending update that I kicked off. It was the DCFC update, when leaving for work today it connected as normal.

I get to work and I got the 3.5.2 Update while at work, I will see how it goes when I get out of work tonight.

Just for reference I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max running IOS 15.7

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had similar issues yesterday, Carplay would not connect and even the normal Bluetooth phone connection kept dropping in and out. In the morning it was apparently downloading the 3.5.2 update, since that installed around 12pm. On my next drive it was doing it again, then I got a notice about the charging update, seems it was downloading in the afternoon. After installing the second update of the day, at 3pm, the phone and Carplay worked just fine.

OP
OP

jdorynek16

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i tried with a cable and the same thing. I’ll have to try with a different phone tomorrow.
I updated my iPhone overnight to 15.7 and that solved the problem. Thank you to everyone replying so quickly. Hopefully this solution helps someone else.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
I updated my iPhone overnight to 15.7 and that solved the problem. Thank you to everyone replying so quickly. Hopefully this solution helps someone else.
Conversely just rebooting your phone w/o the update would have likely solved the issue as well.
Sponsored