2022 -> 2023 Conversion Price Protection Questions and Tracking

kalphoto

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Honda Pilot (soon to be Mache)
Country flag
I couldn't find a comprehensive thread to help track the price protection for those of us that had 2022 orders that were converted to 2023 MY. As these seem to be rolling off the assembly line I am hoping we can use this to track how it all shakes down at the dealership to help each other out since we may end up with questions once there. I'll start with my situation and questions.
================
Ordered 3/20/22 - 2022 MachE Select AWD w/ Tech & Comfort - Space White
Went to dealership on 8/30/22 to get my order out of the "99" status. Converted to 2023 MachE Premium AWD - Space White (due to removal of Tech & Comfort package)

Production week of 11/7/22.
Vehicle Status: says it is built via Ford chat with delivery of 12/9 - 12/15. Online still shows "in production" as does ordertrack.app

I have the A plan through my uncle (Ford retiree)
================
I fully expect to get price protection of $6000 based on what I have read.

I have another wrinkle. Before price protection was confirmed I placed a SECOND order on 8/30 for the same vehicle with a higher volume dealership (Galpin Ford). That vehicle is showing as built AND shipped with same delivery window. I expect these were built on or about the same day.

Questions:
- Can someone explain how the price protection works? I see that it may be a refund as opposed to just a price adjustment? Not sure how to find this info.
- If the Galpin vehicle arrives this year I expect them to honor my A-plan - no price protection but eligible for full $7500 rebate. If my price protected vehicle doesn't arrive until next year (due to it not showing as built or shipped I am a little nervous) then I would get the $6000 price protection + $3750 (estimated) 2023 federal rebate?

- Has there been any clarity on eligibility for the 2023 MachE delivered in 2023?

Thank you all. Getting excited!
Sponsored

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
Since you should have the vins couldnt you verify when they were built?
Once the car comes in the dealer can look up incentives such as special financing, also on their system it will show the private offer discount in your case 6k if you converted it correctly. (should be the same order # as the 22 select, if it is not then someone messed up somewhere) It should be a direct line item adj to the price no refunds.
Battery credits are not clear, it is a 50/50 chance if it is the full 7500 or half, they have not yet provided full details on what qualifies for the full amt.