K2H

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Unfortunately my 2022 GT Performance Edition was T-boned by a person that blew a stop sign on a state highway near my home. I had 4 passengers and we all walked away. The other driver appeared OK, as well, although we only talked through the police. The impact was very severe and can’t believe no one was seriously injured. I am very thankful we were in the tank that is the Mach-E and all of the safety features: All side airbags deployed - the curtain and door bags on the impact side were obviously the most important; The brakes worked flawlessly as we spun around stopping in time to avoid oncoming traffic; The car called 911 automatically. It was a surreal experience hearing the car say something like “Crash detected, calling 911” and the phone ringing almost immediately as the airbag smoke swirled around and we realized what happened. An experience I really hope to never have again.

While many of us get annoyed by all the “quirks” that come along with early stage EV, I’m very grateful to Ford and the Mach-E for protecting me and my passengers in a very dangerous situation.

IMG_4330.jpeg

IMG_0637.jpeg

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Ouch! I am glad nobody was severely hurt. Might be a bit more sore tomorrow, but it could have been much worse.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Glad to head that you are all safe. The MachE is a very safe car based on all of the available data and unfortunate events that we've seen on this forum. It's nice to see that Ford came through where it truly matters the most.

Any idea what the next vehicle will be once you get the settlement?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Wow, I am glad to hear nobody was seriously injured. Just so sorry this had to happen to you. 😱🐩

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I'm so very sorry to hear this happened to you, but very grateful that you all walked away. Thank you for pointing out that where is counts, Ford got it right. That's huge.

All the best to you and all involved.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
The MME held up well. No intrusion into the cabin at all.

Reactions: ARK

Carl S

First Name
CARL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Occupation
Telecom Eng.
Country flag
Glad to head that you are all safe. The MachE is a very safe car based on all of the available data and unfortunate events that we've seen on this forum. It's nice to see that Ford came through where it truly matters the most.

Any idea what the next vehicle will be once you get the settlement?
Mine 2022 was totaled by rear hit by distracted driver. Took 6 months to settle and get replacement. One month for insurance settlement plus five more until delivery.

OP
OP
K2H

K2H

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Thank you everyone. Feeling very lucky.

I do plan on getting another GTPE, depending on the settlement. Learning things like “private sale value” vs “replacement value” and the impact on expensive cars that have depreciated rapidly due to current used car market. I also live in MN which is a no fault state. Fun stuff when it was 0% your fault.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Thank you everyone. Feeling very lucky.

I do plan on getting another GTPE, depending on the settlement. Learning things like “private sale value” vs “replacement value” and the impact on expensive cars that have depreciated rapidly due to current used car market. I also live in MN which is a no fault state. Fun stuff when it was 0% your fault.
Not sure how your Insurance co. does it, but when my car was totaled, they gave me an offer for "replacement of same." It was lower than I was expecting, so I called the agent. All they requested was a few links to cars with similar specs and miles for sale and they gave me an avg of those cars. I sent them links to Carmax and they had no problem with it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I also live in MN which is a no fault state. Fun stuff when it was 0% your fault.
I thought the whole “no fault” insurance thing was just in regard to covering injuries. There’s still an at fault party that pays for property damage, no?

CarsIMBwife

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag
Glad everyone is okay. I was rear ended 6 weeks ago (here). I wish my car had been totaled. They still can’t get her into drive. I bought a replacement at CarMax, so I’m hoping that if they finally total it, they’ll cover the replacement. I’m still paying the loan on the first one. I’m going to drive up there tomorrow and see what I can find out. Collision repair towed her to the dealer across the street about a month ago.

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Glad everyone is okay. Hope things go smoothly and quickly for a replacement.

Could you give us a little more insight into the crash situation? What was the approximate speed of the other vehicle? How big was it? My daughter walked away unscathed from being rear ended by a large SUV going 50mph (she was dead stop) in her 2018 Subaru Forester. Luckily cars went straight line - no angles which could have caused roll over and such.

Reactions: ARK

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Glad you and your passengers escaped major immediate injury. Gives me some piece of mind seeing the MachE take a hit like that safely.

You may already know this, but even though you all walked away and maybe feel ok now, I highly recommend all passengers go to your doctor and evaluate starting physical therapy. My wife was in an accident where she was rear-ended several years ago. She was having some mild neck discomfort, and luckily she went through physical therapy right away on recommendation from the doctor. Insurance of the other driver covered cost of the therapy plus reimbursement for time spent to/from and in therapy. I know many others that have lingering effects from car wrecks years earlier, and at that point it is too late not only to get insurance to cover it, but also for the body to fully recover.
Sponsored