2022 Orders Converted to 2023 (Discussion)

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It seems this forum provides more information that Ford dealers - so thanks for the help on knowing how to push my order through! I'm one of the REAL OLD orders (12/17/21) that wasn't scheduled. I'm also in the northeast (NH) and that does seem to be related for whatever reason - I noticed a few other northeaster orders and a NH one near my order date that never got 2022 scheduling.

I was most recently at Priority 01 but after not getting scheduled durign the final roung I reached out to my dealer via email. I said if we can't get things confirmed over email that I'd just come by after 4:30pm today to do it in person (that got them moving!).

They confirmed I was getting rolled and was now at a priority 99. I insisted that they finish whatever was needed to "roll it", change the color (because DMG was no longer available for 2023), and set the priority to the highest they are able to. I also asked for everything in writing including endorsing their previous agreement of no ADM and honoring the forthcoming Ford Price Protection.

Within the hour I got confirmation that I was a priority 11, same order number, color changed, and all the details so I could verify everything is exactly as I wanted. They could not set me as a 10 because they have another order older than me (for what I do not know). Then I got the email from Ford (which follows)....so good luck to any of you who ordered around my date. For those who ordered after me, well....sorry but I hope you get to wait a little longer so I can get mine (I'm sure you can understand)....

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Orders Converted to 2023 (Discussion) 1661886254411
Sponsored

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Mid Feb premium ext AWD dealer order (z plan). They said they will process my order by tomorrow.

curious if adjusting color and adding nite pony will do anything for priority or scheduled date, they said no. Also not sure on price guarantee. Was hoping to get delivered prior to 12/31, but not confident with that.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Went to double check on priority codes and you do have a good priority - but not any better than allll the other retail orders across the country. This was from some bronco forum, but matches what I've seen reported by experts a few years back regarding F150s as well:

• 1-9 : priority codes that can only be set by FordMoCo themselves. Used for special builds, or rebuilds due to damage in transit.
  • 10-19 : The standard priority codes used for retail orders (aka: our orders). The default priority code for our orders is 19.
  • 20-80 : The priority codes for dealer stock orders
  • 81 - 98 : ???? (no idea)
  • 99 : A special code that essentially means “do not build this order”

So that 99 meant your previous order had to be trashed. And 11 means you are behind dealer allocations that are all 10's everywhere. Very weird thing to do to you. I had 2 retail orders for my F150 and both dealers put them in as 10.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So that 99 meant your previous order had to be trashed. And 11 means you are behind dealer allocations that are all 10's everywhere. Very weird thing to do to you. I had 2 retail orders for my F150 and both dealers put them in as 10.
No, 99 means on-hold, not trashed. That's what Ford automatically changed your order to when there's a model year rollover. Your dealer is supposed to discusses changed and resuming the order by changing the priority code to 10-19.

Every dealer handles priority codes differently. Some dealers will not change them to a 10 unless you pay extra or you actually have a need to have a greater priority.

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So I am going to have to do something like what you did, but I will need to switch from Select to Premium to get the driver seat memory and other features (including BlueCruise) since they dumped the Comfort & Technology package. What I don't know is what will happen to my price.

The dealer said that Ford will make me a "Private Offer" to offset the price difference -- but I have no idea how that will play out for certain yet. I am suppose to get contact by the dealer again in the morning when my sales representative comes in.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Went to double check on priority codes and you do have a good priority - but not any better than allll the other retail orders across the country. This was from some bronco forum, but matches what I've seen reported by experts a few years back regarding F150s as well:

• 1-9 : priority codes that can only be set by FordMoCo themselves. Used for special builds, or rebuilds due to damage in transit.
  • 10-19 : The standard priority codes used for retail orders (aka: our orders). The default priority code for our orders is 19.
  • 20-80 : The priority codes for dealer stock orders
  • 81 - 98 : ???? (no idea)
  • 99 : A special code that essentially means “do not build this order”

The priority isn't an indication that their order is behind 10s EVERYWHERE, it's just behind 10s for that dealership. The dealership allocation for respective models still plays a huge part. A dealer with allocation for F-150s that are 19s will get built before the same number of orders for Mach-Es at 10s if they lack allocation. I have seen plenty of 19 orders go through right along side 10s with little to no differentiation on order date.

It's why if you really want a vehicle, ordering from a big dealer that does a lot of volume and has a lot of allocation will often help more than anything else. So I wouldn't stress too much over priority if it's in the 10-19 range, but if you can get 10, heck it doesn't hurt.

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
What is the guess/estimate on time needed for these 2022 conversions to be built?

OP
OP
Its_my_wifes_car

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
What is the guess/estimate on time needed for these 2022 conversions to be built?
It appears scheduling starts 9/15 and the build starts at the end of October for the first of the 2023 models - based on reliable posts that are in the forum.

Cdrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023PremiumAWD
Occupation
Sales Executive
Country flag
So I am going to have to do something like what you did, but I will need to switch from Select to Premium to get the driver seat memory and other features (including BlueCruise) since they dumped the Comfort & Technology package. What I don't know is what will happen to my price.

The dealer said that Ford will make me a "Private Offer" to offset the price difference -- but I have no idea how that will play out for certain yet. I am suppose to get contact by the dealer again in the morning when my sales representative comes in.
Did you need to create a new order# when your dealer changed from 22'Select to 23'Premium?
My dealer is unsure how to do this and I don't want to end up at the back of the line.

ctrlaultdel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman, Audi S4, Miata, Future MachE
Country flag
Did you need to create a new order# when your dealer changed from 22'Select to 23'Premium?
My dealer is unsure how to do this and I don't want to end up at the back of the line.

My dealer updated my order from a 22 Select to a 23 Premium. I have the same order date and order number as before. No need to create a new order.

OP
OP
Its_my_wifes_car

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
No. Same order number - that is key to not losing your place in line. Your dealer needs to do this right…

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
My dealer kept the order number and just changed it -- Ford created a process for dealers to follow on this... until you change it, your order is in Priority 99 status and will not be built. They kept the same Sales Code and Order Code and the online order has the same Order Number.
Sponsored