Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
Hi everyone, I'll be putting my order in for a 2023 Model on Aug 15 (Selling my Tesla M3)

With the Blazer EV hitting hard does anyone believe that Ford might change something up since were looking at 3 years on the market now with the Mach-E or are we possibly looking at standing still with no kind of upgrades of any sort?

Thanks
Mike
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hitting hard? It's not available to ORDER for a year. The 2024 Mach-E would have it as a competitor.
I expect virtually no changes for 2023, except price, which will be at least $5k more IMO.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I am hoping for an improved colour pallet. I would like to see a Green. I also like the Area 51 Grey/Blue on the Ford Bronco. 12v jumper points without panel removal at the Frunk would be good. Vehicle to Load, and Vehicle to Home DC output, is something I would like to see in the coming years.

OP
OP

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
Hitting hard? It's not available to ORDER for a year. The 2024 Mach-E would have it as a competitor.
I expect virtually no changes for 2023, except price, which will be at least $5k more IMO.

To be honest Per Dealers which are saying Oct 31 to start production on the Mach-E 2023 and the Blazer EV going to "Possibly" hit Summer 2023 for the LTs and RS it's within several months of each other... I'd be really surprised if Ford doesn't up some millage or something with the cars to entice people not to wait a few extra months and stick with the Mach-E

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
The best thing Ford can do is to "Tesla" the MME by uping their software game. The car has all the hardware for a much better experience than it provides. Having a Model Y as well I'm shocked how bad the MME is in the UX department.

OP
OP

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
The best thing Ford can do is to "Tesla" the MME by uping their software game. The car has all the hardware for a much better experience than it provides. Having a Model Y as well I'm shocked how bad the MME is in the UX department.

I mean I have heard from a good amount of people

Ford = Quality Build ---- Horrible Tech
Tesla = Bad Build ---- Great Tech

I mean for my M3 I can def say that is correct (Bad Paint, Bad Gaps, Bad Tires, Bad Construction, Good Tech

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Fordā€™s tech isnā€™t horrible, we have some good features Tesla does not.

For example, the ability to enter and start the Mach-E with no key fob or phone present.

Or the blended braking on the Mach-E, meaning your brake pedal does two things invisibly for the user - first it starts off by applying regen, and after mild/moderate pressure also begins to apply the friction brakes. Teslaā€™s brake pedal canā€™t activate regen, which is why they make one pedal driving undefeatable on newer models, because range would drop too much if it were disabled.

More practically, I think the details of the Blazer were revealed way too late for Ford to meaningfully modify the 2023 Mach-E in any way in reaction to it.

The Blazer will be a 2024 model, I would expect the 2024 Mach-E to more directly answer it, not the 2023.

OP
OP

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
Fordā€™s tech isnā€™t horrible, we have some good features Tesla does not.

For example, the ability to enter and start the Mach-E with no key fob or phone present.

Or the blended braking on the Mach-E, meaning your brake pedal does two things invisibly for the user - first it starts off by applying regen, and after mild/moderate pressure also begins to apply the friction brakes. Teslaā€™s brake pedal canā€™t activate regen, which is why they make one pedal driving undefeatable on newer models, because range would drop too much if it were disabled.

More practically, I think the details of the Blazer were revealed way too late for Ford to meaningfully modify the 2023 Mach-E in any way in reaction to it.

The Blazer will be a 2024 model, I would expect the 2024 Mach-E to more directly answer it, not the 2023.

Getting in with no fob or phone, that's part of that code, correct? I think I saw/read that, it's an interesting feature.... The breaking is also interesting didn't know that.

I'm not knocking anything until I try it, I'm just hearing others that is also... I mean I spoke to someone that has a M3P and said that the only thing that Tesla has on Ford is the acceleration times Ford cannot match right now... He said everything else Ford is the same or it beats them..

I can see what you mean on to little to late to move the meter for Ford and trying to cram in something prior to the release.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I will consider buying a GTPE when the 5-second power limit is gone, but that's a battery overhaul, so I don't believe so.
I would love battery pre-conditioning integrated with the navigation/charging stop proximity and a heat pump. You know, like Tesla. :)
And ventilated seats.
And copy the EV6/I5 and have blind spot image on the screen.
And larger tires from the factory.

The last 2 are easy...

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I won't buy a new mach e gt until after my current options contract is over AND the 5 second limit is removed but other things I'd like to see are physical buttons somewhere in the car for both frunk and trunk, button on the fob for frunk, and ventilated seats.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
No changes immediately but I would expect Ford to start updating their battery tech to lower costs and upgrade charging speeds.

Battery tech will be changing quickly in the next few years.

IMHO

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
I mean I have heard from a good amount of people

Ford = Quality Build ---- Horrible Tech
Tesla = Bad Build ---- Great Tech

I mean for my M3 I can def say that is correct (Bad Paint, Bad Gaps, Bad Tires, Bad Construction, Good Tech
Ford with a quality build? I want what you are smoking. The doors sound like a 90ā€™s sedan when you close them, camera faults, constant software glitches and a choppy ride. I canā€™t speak for Tesla but damnit, itā€™s a FORD šŸ¤£

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
I am hoping for an improved colour pallet. I would like to see a Green. I also like the Area 51 Grey/Blue on the Ford Bronco. 12v jumper points without panel removal at the Frunk would be good. Vehicle to Load, and Vehicle to Home DC output, is something I would like to see in the coming years.
I like that blue Bronco. Just saw a nice hunter green ICE Mustang earlier today as well that looked neat. I love my infinite blue Mach-E, but would swap it for a sky blue in a heartbeat if they ever do that or winter blue. I like the looks of grabber blue but it's not for me.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Ford can't reliably tell you your miles per KWH. Set 2 trips up (clear them both) and watch them as you drive... They end up NOT matching (hilariously bad).

Ford doesn't allow you to change your charge current to lower levels.

Ford doesn't allow you to set your charge to percentage in a generic way and always has to be in relation to a "location".

Ford can't heat or cool the battery/cabin without remote start or being plugged in.

Job 1 has been promised Frunk button in the app for how long?

Ford contactors can't handle the load they are designed to handle. (I admit this is hardware, but the fix should apply to all older ones too)

I could go on. Don't get me wrong, I love my MME; but Tesla is worlds ahead in the UX department and Ford could EASILY match it if they put a reasonable effort into fixing their software. Heck, maybe just create a "real" ticketing/complaint system. (Ford DOES let you file complaints in the settings, and they seem to go no where and accomplish nothing).

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm thinking about getting a 2023, but think I may wait for an updated GTPE down the line. Do you think any 2023 would be delivered in 2022?
Sponsored