Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just got my update last night (car hadn’t been driven for the last 5 weeks). No update #, lost my home charging location, and turned off 1PD.
Sponsored

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Went to the dealer before the letter came, service guy said he had no idea what they'd need to do so I should come back once I had the letter.

This didn't really amp up my confidence in the dealer's service dept., so now that I have the letter, I'm going to sit tight and wait for the OTA. I don't drive the car hard, don't have to climb any hills or haul a lot of people or luggage.

But I do need the car every day, and currently have no loaner available so I'll wait for the OTA.

As far as I can see, I'm all set to receive OTAs: have 3 evenings set aside for car-parked updates, have WIFI reception in the garage, all that.

But so far not a peep from Fordpass about any updates applied or scheduled. Guess we'll wait and see.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Went to the dealer with the letter and a list of complaints, the car was staying there for two days but they did the recall and also updated almost all modules, even some that are not listed in 21P22.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Dealer did mine when they resolved BC without even a prompt from me. Despite successfully getting BC OTA, the IPMA needed to be calibrated on my Job 1 FE. Dealer automatically applied all updates and gave me a loaner on their dime without prompting. Thanks to SnBGC I have found a dealer in our new home that I trust with Ellie and understands the car. Sadly it is not the one within walking distance. My only issue is that BC took away stop/start ACC. I really enjoyed that feature.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Dealer installed mine June 30. I wanted to get it done before I went on a long trip July 4. Took them less than two hours to do it.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Just got my update last night (car hadn’t been driven for the last 5 weeks). No update #, lost my home charging location, and turned off 1PD.
The resets are a pain in the ass. We need to check each time you get an OTA. I usually do a 5 minute charging session to capture my home location for setup.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
The resets are a pain in the ass. We need to check each time you get an OTA. I usually do a 5 minute charging session to capture my home location for setup.
From a Dearborn source - Rumor has it that this update should prevent loss of presets for future OTAs.

Until that gets broken by a future OTA, of course.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Looks like we're still waiting for OTAs to happen for non-EAP folks. Time's a wastin'.
Surprised to see 1 vote each for non-EA OTA installs on the poll this morning. I thought we'd hear more noise here if people were really getting the OTA outside of the early access crew.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Dropped mine off at the dealer at 7:30 am today - I was told when I arrived that it would take overnight - then told by the service writer that "he would try to get it done today" - we'll see. I sometimes get the feeling that they initially tell you a long wait time, and then finish it "early" so that you'll be inclined to rate the service as 5 Star. Either way I will be happy to have it done.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Surprised to see 1 vote each for non-EA OTA installs on the poll this morning. I thought we'd hear more noise here if people were really getting the OTA outside of the early access crew.
I’m not convinced those couple votes actually have the recall update, they might incorrectly think another update was the recall.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
As noted previously, I drooped my Mach e GT 2021 at the dealers on Tuesday for install of this recall - ended up getting it back the same day - two things - it took until this morning (Saturday) or maybe last night for the recall notice on the Ford Pass to go away. Also the GOM immediately showed an increase in range - I've never seen it above the low 260s at best in the past - now shows mid 270s. As the GOM is not very accurate, hard to tell if I really have more range - but I really want to believe it. I noted the increase in range immediately - in fact while, I was sitting at the dealer and waiting for them to drive up my car to take home, I had the app open and noted the range increase even before I got in the car.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I’m not convinced those couple votes actually have the recall update, they might incorrectly think another update was the recall.
I got it, definitely. I got 2.7.3 a week after, so cannot prove it.
But got SVS a couple hours after 2.7.3 installed, with visit to dealer and is now waiting for a new HVBJB. Not in EA. FE in EU.
The OTA was pushed out July 16th.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
As noted previously, I drooped my Mach e GT 2021 at the dealers on Tuesday for install of this recall - ended up getting it back the same day - two things - it took until this morning (Saturday) or maybe last night for the recall notice on the Ford Pass to go away. Also the GOM immediately showed an increase in range - I've never seen it above the low 260s at best in the past - now shows mid 270s. As the GOM is not very accurate, hard to tell if I really have more range - but I really want to believe it. I noted the increase in range immediately - in fact while, I was sitting at the dealer and waiting for them to drive up my car to take home, I had the app open and noted the range increase even before I got in the car.
Since it is a change in the GOM’s estimate, you likely do not have a change in your car’s range. It is likely a change in one or more factors and/or the algorithm the GOM uses to arrive at this estimate. 😊🐩

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I got it, definitely. I got 2.7.3 a week after, so cannot prove it.
But got SVS a couple hours after 2.7.3 installed, with visit to dealer and is now waiting for a new HVBJB. Not in EA. FE in EU.
The OTA was pushed out July 16th.
Interesting, I just noticed you and the other guy with the recall OTA are in Scandinavia. I haven't been able to verify anyone outside of the EA program in the US has gotten a recall update yet. Seems like they stopped the rollout for some reason.
Sponsored