eBullitt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda CR-V Hybrid; 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I received version 4.1.1 on February 8 and noted this afternoon that the owner’s manual isn’t available.
Sponsored

Kabay0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021.5 Mach-E Premium Extended EAP
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 4.1.2 Owners Manual Not Working 16763004347788204556012237613928

Mine is working just fine with 4.1.3. They also have a convertible mach-e there.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Same for me. Owner's Manual on Sync4A screen appears to function as expected. Not sure what PU I am on. The updated UI was a couple PUs ago. Most recent one said something about connecting to public WiFi. Was that 4.1.2?

MrPeanut

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer has been trying to solve this through Ford with not much success. They are going to load 4.1.3 and see if that is a solution. I also lost the ability to precondition the car! Completely disappeared from the menu.

Ford told my dealer that the VIN for my car and one other they were working on, wasn't registered to the correct region. Haven't a clue what that's about but apparently it's a big deal in the scheme of things.

Johnny B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
Owner manual still available in Sync for me after 4.1.2

dr__bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD, 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got 4.1.2, I think, since neither the car nor FordPass will admit it. Anyway, I have the new interface, with fugly icons and no owners Manuel….

MrPeanut

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Owner manual still available in Sync for me after 4.1.2
Well, the fun continues on getting the owner's manual back! Here's the message exchange with FoMoCo regarding my dealer's efforts to get it back. Many of you will understand the tech lingo, but I don't.

They finally determined that the preconditioning disappearance was due to a switch malfunction . . . .which, of course, is on back order.

I did file a case with Ford and it tended to speed up their responsiveness to the dealer who was languishing in getting responses timely.

Like the car, hate the problems.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4.1.2 Owners Manual Not Working Ford Error Messages

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Well, the fun continues on getting the owner's manual back! Here's the message exchange with FoMoCo regarding my dealer's efforts to get it back. Many of you will understand the tech lingo, but I don't.

They finally determined that the preconditioning disappearance was due to a switch malfunction . . . .which, of course, is on back order.

I did file a case with Ford and it tended to speed up their responsiveness to the dealer who was languishing in getting responses timely.

Like the car, hate the problems.

Ford Error Messages.jpg
Wow, the Max Defrost LED code is caused by the headlight switch bug. When the bug happens the switch doesn't respond and it causes the headlight to stay on as a failsafe, and the HVAC module freaks and sets that code. I'm not sure what your preconditioning issue is, but the headlight switch bug is probably causing it then.

Do not let them replace your HVAC module or APIM, they are fine.

The manual not working is caused by a configuration issue that can't be fixed at the moment. They are working on it. Do not bring your car to the dealer for the missing manual because they can't fix it yet.

MrPeanut

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow, the Max Defrost LED code is caused by the headlight switch bug. When the bug happens the switch doesn't respond and it causes the headlight to stay on as a failsafe, and the HVAC module freaks and sets that code. I'm not sure what your preconditioning issue is, but the headlight switch bug is probably causing it then.

Do not let them replace your HVAC module or APIM, they are fine.

The manual not working is caused by a configuration issue that can't be fixed at the moment. They are working on it. Do not bring your car to the dealer for the missing manual because they can't fix it yet.
Thanks. Just got it back with both issues outstanding and now I can't program my charging parameters! Gone. VANISHED. It will only charge to 100%!

God I hate this. Give me back my '67 Falcon 3 speed! Please!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thanks. Just got it back with both issues outstanding and now I can't program my charging parameters! Gone. VANISHED. It will only charge to 100%!

God I hate this. Give me back my '67 Falcon 3 speed! Please!
If they installed the latest UI, it moved and you'll have to press the home button at the top left and then select the charging app. Or are you saying the charging settings window is messed up?

MrPeanut

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If they installed the latest UI, it moved and you'll have to press the home button at the top left and then select the charging app. Or are you saying the charging settings window is messed up?
After wandering through the menus I did find this option. Wish they would 1. Give guidance to software changes, or,
2. Update the owners manual so that you have the means to find it for yourself.

We shouldn't have to read their little engineering minds to operate and enjoy the car we spent big $ on!!

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Same issue in 4.1.3. I found the html site horrible to find things on it, an example is where do I put my fastpass on the windshield.

Thanks for the pdf link.

edit: I take it back. Searching a 476 pg pdf on yourmobile device isn’t much better.

Last edited:

MrPeanut

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same issue in 4.1.3. I found the html site horrible to find things on it, an example is where do I put my fastpass on the windshield.

Thanks for the pdf link.

edit: I take it back. Searching a 476 pg pdf on yourmobile device isn’t much better.
Never seen an auto owners manual that was logically arranged and that was when you could flip the pages quickly. To think you can do any better with an electronic one is fantasy.
Sponsored