4/10/23 Build Week Thread for 2023 MME's

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14- Nissan Leaf, 17/20-Bolt, 23-MachE (on order)
Country flag
Im having issues setting the home charging to start at the right times. The car is unable to get the start times and end times right. Dont know if this is a charger (Autel L2 Charger) or Car issue. :( Anyone have any tips to make this work right?
Sponsored

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Where are you trying to set the limits? I made my settings in the car (not Fordpass / Emporia app) and it has worked fine.
My charger is set to charge at any time it is plugged in, but the car waits until my rates decrease overnight.

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where are you trying to set the limits? I made my settings in the car (not Fordpass / Emporia app) and it has worked fine.
My charger is set to charge at any time it is plugged in, but the car waits until my rates decrease overnight.
I had initially set it on my charger, but based on another thread, I was asked to set this on the car and NOT on the charger. I have removed the Charger settings, and have all the settings on my car. Still having issues though. I guess I need to spend a little bit more time on this. (I already spent 1.5 hours trying to figure it out. :( )

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Is it not charging at all, or always charging regardless of the time?
Have you verified your car thinks it is at the charging location saved?

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It charges right away without waiting for the set "window" to charge.
I have only charged at one place, at home, so far, so that is the only location saved.

So this is what happened this time:
I left it to charge through the night, it started charging as soon as I plugged in, at 10:45 PM, when it should have started at 12 AM. However, it hadn't reached the goal of 85% at 6 AM, so it stopped charging, and then I left the charger in the whole day, car was able to actually start again at 12:00 AM (this time) and complete at 12:10 (for the last 1% of charge). But, I have to try this again, to see if the schedule is followed.

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
It charges right away without waiting for the set "window" to charge.
I have only charged at one place, at home, so far, so that is the only location saved.

So this is what happened this time:
I left it to charge through the night, it started charging as soon as I plugged in, at 10:45 PM, when it should have started at 12 AM. However, it hadn't reached the goal of 85% at 6 AM, so it stopped charging, and then I left the charger in the whole day, car was able to actually start again at 12:00 AM (this time) and complete at 12:10 (for the last 1% of charge). But, I have to try this again, to see if the schedule is followed.
There was one time when my SoC was pretty low, the car started charging before my scheduled start time. Perhaps it calculated that it couldn't reach the desired SoC before the end of the window, so it started early?

Every other time it has respected my charging window.

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it had to do with "departure time". I turned that off, and it seems to be doing the right thing now. :)

How are y'all enjoying your rides?

I am Loving it. Its been about 40 days since I had my car, and loving every second of riding it.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I think it had to do with "departure time". I turned that off, and it seems to be doing the right thing now. :)

How are y'all enjoying your rides?

I am Loving it. Its been about 40 days since I had my car, and loving every second of riding it.
LOVE mine! My husband asked if he could borrow it next Tues, and I'm sooooo nervous. I don't think she will like him.

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I still love mine as well...1600 miles in, no real issues so far.

Did your dealers give you any type of form for getting the EV tax credit? I've seen things online that lead me to believe there is some documentation they must file with the IRS and give to us.
Sponsored