Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Same here, but seem to be stuck there, now.
Same, stuck on 4.2.3. Hopefully will move on, though as @tigers mentioned not sure if we'll really see a difference until 4.2.5.
Sponsored

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
Got 4.2.4 a couple days ago after being on 4.2.3 for several days. All the updates we've gotten essentially say they're making the car ready for future updates.

Looking at the version info, all the features they are supposed to add are already present in our car e.g. camera button and voice feedback. Will be interesting to see what 4.2.5 or .6 says when they arrive.
I haven't seen any updates yet since we brought the car home on Monday so I'm not sure what is the latest version installed.

tigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
I think it was a week or so before we started getting updates after we took delivery. Although maybe they had the courtesy to fully update your software while the car was hanging out in Atlanta!

I haven't seen any updates yet since we brought the car home on Monday so I'm not sure what is the latest version installed.

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Seems like every time I post about updates, my car gets more of them. Maybe someone is listening in…
3.2.4 installed in the last hour

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Same, stuck on 4.2.3. Hopefully will move on, though as @tigers mentioned not sure if we'll really see a difference until 4.2.5.
Of course, as soon as I posted this I received the 4.2.4 Power-up Update! 🙄 This one also says it provides "fine-tuning" for "more detailed updates."

I'm still baffled as to why it wasn't shipped with all of the latest updates already installed. The updates I've received so far predate my car's build date. Shouldn't that be how it works? You'd think so.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Seems like every time I post about updates, my car gets more of them. Maybe someone is listening in…
3.2.4 installed in the last hour
I think you may be on to something 🤔

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm still baffled as to why it wasn't shipped with all of the latest updates already installed. The updates I've received so far predate my car's build date. Shouldn't that be how it works? You'd think so.
Setting up a manufacturing line is a huge undertaking, and changing things mid-stream is not easy. Not to say it couldn’t be done, but it likely is easier to just keep things as is and let the OTAs do their thing.

HandleWithKerr

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Vapor Blue Premium Mach E
Country flag
I just got 4.2.3 today but like I mentioned I don’t charge every day. I drive almost every day though. Being a tech guy I’m used to things needing to update when you start them for the first time, but I really anticipated these coming through quicker. We’re close to caught up though which seems to be a blessing and curse. Planning my first road trip for in a couple weeks, I’ve driven it quite a few times and scoped out the chargers I’ll be using but it’s exciting to finally be doing it.

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I just got 4.2.3 today but like I mentioned I don’t charge every day. I drive almost every day though. Being a tech guy I’m used to things needing to update when you start them for the first time, but I really anticipated these coming through quicker. We’re close to caught up though which seems to be a blessing and curse. Planning my first road trip for in a couple weeks, I’ve driven it quite a few times and scoped out the chargers I’ll be using but it’s exciting to finally be doing it.
I've got my first road trip planned next week. Short day trip, but will have to use public charging for the first time. I've already been looking at ABRP, Ford Nav, and Plugshare to plan my route.

It seems like most of my updates are installed when I'm not at the house. Not sure why....

HandleWithKerr

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Vapor Blue Premium Mach E
Country flag
I've got my first road trip planned next week. Short day trip, but will have to use public charging for the first time. I've already been looking at ABRP, Ford Nav, and Plugshare to plan my route.

It seems like most of my updates are installed when I'm not at the house. Not sure why....
Nice! I used an Electrify America nearby just because I wanted to try it out a few days ago. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you. But with the plug and charge it should be /mostly/ good times.

From what I understand about the updates they generally download overnight, as it may require a stable connection for extended periods to do that. Then it installs the next time you drive/maybe run it for a few minutes. My assumption is they are making assumptions that overnight it has a stable connection, whether wifi or onboard. Then they assume that when it starts up for a few minutes the system is active enough to not drain itself unnecessarily and run through all its install processes and checks and things.

That’s all just me applying logic to others findings on the updates. There’s a few threads on them but I got most of my thoughts from this one: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-never-miss-a-ota-software-update.18353/

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, the strange thing for me is the software always seems to update around 6pm or 7pm - my car does not have access to WiFi or even really cellular in my work parking garage. I maybe get home for a few minutes, take off again, and then within the next hour I'll get the notice it's been updated. 🤷‍♂️

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
Of course, as soon as I posted this I received the 4.2.4 Power-up Update! 🙄 This one also says it provides "fine-tuning" for "more detailed updates."

Part of the dealer's PDI should be to update the software to the latest but maybe Ford is not quite confident in their updates and they don't want the initial customer experience to be ruined by a bad software update they later have to pull.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Part of the dealer's PDI should be to update the software to the latest but maybe Ford is not quite confident in their updates and they don't want the initial customer experience to be ruined by a bad software update they later have to pull.
A valid point, but I still do not see how it would be difficult to load the latest software when a car is built. Granted, I know nothing about how this is done in the factory, but how hard could it be to load the latest software at that time? You'd think Ford would get them the latest software updates and make sure everything was working properly so that every new car arrived at the dealer with the latest updates.
Sponsored