Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Per Mike Levine, Ford North America Product Communications manager, 50,000 Mach-E will be produced for the first production year (globally).

Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Whomever finds a way to make batteries capable of being used in EVs without using rare earths, they are going to make a fortune!

Kia and Hyundai have made similar statements about their EVs. Lack of availability from them is why I ended up with a Clarity PHEV last year. Could not find (except for the Chevy Bolt which I feel is just a compliance vehicle) a suitable EV with over 200 miles of range I could afford.

It will be interesting to see if VW can hit their stated EV production numbers. I do recall VW stockpiling battery orders in advance of their factories being retooled for the ID.3.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There is some really new, interesting things happening in this field. For example, this company being able to recycle and reuse lithium and other raw elements of a battery in new batteries.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
According to my reservation number, as of yesterday afternoon, they have received 14,000 reservations (US Only?)

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
According to my reservation number, as of yesterday afternoon, they have received 14,000 reservations (US Only?)
Your number is in the 10014xxx range? Some people that made two reservations reported that the reservation they made later actually had a lower number 10006xxx at first and then 10004xxx later, making people think the reservation numbers are just random and aren't sequential. But I've also seen quite a few reservations vs time reserved that do make it seem like it's sequential, possibly with a hiccup somewhere in the middle for some reason.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
A friend reserved a Limited on Sunday (10006xxx) and I reserved a GT today (10014xxx), hence my thought they were sequential. It could very well be the reservation numbers are tied to the model that is ordered. That could explain the apparent numbering glitch some have seen. That system would also allow Ford to not reveal actual numbers until they are ready.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
A friend reserved a Limited on Sunday (10006xxx) and I reserved a GT today (10014xxx), hence my thought they were sequential. It could very well be the reservation numbers are tied to the model that is ordered. That could explain the apparent numbering glitch some have seen. That system would also allow Ford to not reveal actual numbers until they are ready.
I reserved a GT today and got 10019xxx, so I am seeing its random, too. Or the numbers may be tied to certain combinations, including color, geographical region, etc.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I reserved a GT during the reveal and got low 4xxx.

Time will tell I guess. I've yet to see anyone say they have a number below 10004000 though.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I wonder if they reserved the first 4k for dealership testers (each EV dealer is getting one) and VIP.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I reserved a GT during the reveal and got low 4xxx.

Time will tell I guess. I've yet to see anyone say they have a number below 10004000 though.
I'm wondering if the first 4k was reserved as well. My number is 4074, and that was during the announcement. Just kept refreshing on my phone while watching on my computer lol.

KRS97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition, 2016 Mustang GT
Country flag
I reserved during the reveal as well, but got a very low 6xxx. Perhaps they are sequentially numbered, but different starting prefixes for different models.

I reserved a first edition..

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I reserved during the reveal as well, but got a very low 6xxx. Perhaps they are sequentially numbered, but different starting prefixes for different models.

I reserved a first edition..
I also reserved a First Edition as soon as the link became active during the announcement and I have a low 6K number as well.

JB.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette z51 and alfa stelvio ti sport
Country flag
The reservation number is nice yet since theGT isnt available until mid to late 2021 im not quite sure GT buyers will be able to access the federal tax rebate ...

Thats kind of a bummer because at 60 grand minus 7500 would be a sweet deal.

The first edition at 60 grand offers more range and less performance which isnt quite as attractive to many performance addicts.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The reservation number is nice yet since theGT isnt available until mid to late 2021 im not quite sure GT buyers will be able to access the federal tax rebate ...

The first edition at 60 grand offers more range and less performance which isnt quite as attractive to many performance addicts.
I am wondering/worried about that. Supposedly the pricing and orders will go out mid 2020, but the finalizing of the financing won't be until delivery.

Reactions: JB.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

I think we will be fine. As of June 2019, Ford still had 84k units to go before reaching its 200k vehicle. The run rate for the current year was about 600 EVs per month. If it follows that trend, that means Ford will still have a little more than 80k units to go by year end.

Ford has already said that production of the Mach E will be 50k units a year. Let’s pretend that the production cycle begins July 1, sells every production unit, AND that Ford continues selling an additional 600 EVs other than the Mach E, each month. That equates to another 60,800 EV sales by June 30, 2021, giving Ford almost an additional 20k units to go.

Also, the tax credit doesn’t expire on the 200,000th unit sold. Once that unit is sold, the clock starts. Every unit sold in that current quarter and the quarter after is eligible for the full $7,500.

This means that I don’t see the credit expiring until December 31,2021 at the earliest. And even then the credit is still available at a reduced amount for a time.
Sponsored