donwell

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CR1
Country flag
Got an email from Ford stating the delay in my delivery date to "between August 8, 2022 and August 14, 2022." Originally it was 7/29-8/4.

Talked to Ford Chat and was able to get a rail car number and from that rail number I called UP. Apparently my Mach-E was loaded in Muncie on 7/31, with an ETA to "Industry" (I'm assuming City of Industry) of 8/6.
Sponsored

StephsMachE

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Got an email from Ford stating the delay in my delivery date to "between August 8, 2022 and August 14, 2022." Originally it was 7/29-8/4.

Talked to Ford Chat and was able to get a rail car number and from that rail number I called UP. Apparently my Mach-E was loaded in Muncie on 7/31, with an ETA to "Industry" (I'm assuming City of Industry) of 8/6.
Interesting, so it did come rail. Mine is showing convoy

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
They mostly all come by rail unless the factory used a boat to get them to the US. The convoy would indicate that the car is moving between ramps in KC (likely) or that it made it to your point of rail debarkation by you home (which would be good). If train is going west it will generally take longer than going east ( in my experience )

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag

I was stalking you because your build and order dates were similar to mine. I had a Star White CR1 that I ordered 12/21/21, and it ended up being built 6/24/22, technically 3 days after yours. However, I was able to take delivery of my vehicle on 7/28. I'm not sure what the difference was.

My car was sent to Mira Loma, and Ford Chat said that it was traveling by UP. I was never able to track it by UP, but I was able to track it using the Norfolk Southern phone number.

Out of curiosity, was yours supposed to travel by rail or convoy? My window sticker says convoy, but it obviously seemed to travel via rail, so I don't know what the difference is.

donwell

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CR1
Country flag
I was stalking you because your build and order dates were similar to mine. I had a Star White CR1 that I ordered 12/21/21, and it ended up being built 6/24/22, technically 3 days after yours. However, I was able to take delivery of my vehicle on 7/28. I'm not sure what the difference was.

My car was sent to Mira Loma, and Ford Chat said that it was traveling by UP. I was never able to track it by UP, but I was able to track it using the Norfolk Southern phone number.

Out of curiosity, was yours supposed to travel by rail or convoy? My window sticker says convoy, but it obviously seemed to travel via rail, so I don't know what the difference is.
yeah my window sticker says rail. My best guess is whatever is going on in Muncie probably explains the difference.

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
This thread has been relatively quiet. Anyone else get their cars yet or know that they are about to get it? I think only about 3or 4 of us have come online with a ‘yes’.

Renton777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Mach E GTPE - on Order
Country flag
This thread has been relatively quiet. Anyone else get their cars yet or know that they are about to get it? I think only about 3or 4 of us have come online with a ‘yes’.
Still no update for me since the car was in Muncie on 7/12 except for my delivery date being moved back 3 weeks. Someone else on another build week seemed to have confirmed his car sat in KC for a month before recently moving.

I guess the silver lining is not having to pay for it for a few weeks until I get it, lol.

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Sorry to hear. That’s absolutely no fun.

Still no update for me since the car was in Muncie on 7/12 except for my delivery date being moved back 3 weeks. Someone else on another build week seemed to have confirmed his car sat in KC for a month before recently moving.

I guess the silver lining is not having to pay for it for a few weeks until I get it, lol.

Renton777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Mach E GTPE - on Order
Country flag
Sorry to hear. That’s absolutely no fun.
I was grumpy and frustrated for a couple days but have kind of moved on from that, lol. I would be nice to know where my car actually is and that it actually exists.

donwell

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CR1
Country flag
Called UP this morning to trace and the railcar my mach-e was on arrived in "Industry" yesterday on 8/8. So I guess however long it takes to get it off the railcar and onto a truck to San Diego. I'm expecting this weekend hopefully, but what's another week at this point? haha

donwell

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CR1
Country flag
Called UP this morning to trace and the railcar my mach-e was on arrived in "Industry" yesterday on 8/8. So I guess however long it takes to get it off the railcar and onto a truck to San Diego. I'm expecting this weekend hopefully, but what's another week at this point? haha
ha, there it is, just got an email moving back my estimated delivery a bit to 8/13-19

EchoRomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SEL / comf+tech / grabber blue (pending)
Country flag
ha, there it is, just got an email moving back my estimated delivery a bit to 8/13-19
Same here. My car is also en route to San Diego (Mossy Ford in PB) and I've had the exact same succession of delivery window updates. I suspect our two cars are travel companions!

Called Ford Chat this morning and they said it's in Mira Loma (I think at the automotive rail yard there). I'm feeling good about delivery happening by this weekend.

donwell

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CR1
Country flag
Same here. My car is also en route to San Diego (Mossy Ford in PB) and I've had the exact same succession of delivery window updates. I suspect our two cars are travel companions!

Called Ford Chat this morning and they said it's in Mira Loma (I think at the automotive rail yard there). I'm feeling good about delivery happening by this weekend.
Yeah, I just talked to my contact over at Mossy and he said the ordering manger told him that there was a "shipment stop on all vehicles" for the next few days. Any time this weekend would be great since I have Friday and Monday off!

EchoRomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SEL / comf+tech / grabber blue (pending)
Country flag
Yeah, I just talked to my contact over at Mossy and he said the ordering manger told him that there was a "shipment stop on all vehicles" for the next few days. Any time this weekend would be great since I have Friday and Monday off!
Thanks for that info. I'm hoping the "shipment stop" isn't a big deal and doesn't push things past (or too far past) this weekend.

StephsMachE

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Shipment stop :O

wonder if that is why I have seen ones coming convoy still sitting awaiting shipment
Sponsored