6.14 - am I the first to notice CarPlay change?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Maybe someone already noticed this, but I want to stake my claim if possible…

They eliminated the rounded corners on CarPlay with 6.14!! It looks much better now!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait a minute. What the heck is going on here. I switched over to settings and then back to CP and the rounded corners are back. And I didn’t think to take a picture. Anyone? I SWEAR the rounded corners were gone in Apple Maps and it looked much better.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Didn’t someone say that if you use the blank black background as your CarPlay wallpaper, it removes the rounded edges? That was back when the car first came out and had the original sync design so idk if that’s still true.

cdiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The rounded corners are now color-matched to the car's UI. So no more dark corners in light mode.

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
I’m pretty disappointed with the car play layout compared to android auto.
Why can’t I have the map window be 95% of the screen with a bar at the bottom for music info. Car play has way too much dedicated space to useless/static info. Feel like apple isn’t really trying here.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Sooo they are there, but depending on what background you have set they show up more or less. I believe this was a change on apples end though, not Ford. The reason I say that is the corners disappear on the screenshots, not just on the touchscreen.

If you have the plain white/black backgrounds that change with the day/night mode the corners blend entirely with the dark mode and on the bottom with the light mode. The top you still see the corners.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 6.14 - am I the first to notice CarPlay change? 1711591166275-14

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Didn’t someone say that if you use the blank black background as your CarPlay wallpaper, it removes the rounded edges? That was back when the car first came out and had the original sync design so idk if that’s still true.
This is the way. I only use the black CarPlay background for this very reason.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll try playing with the background. I can tell you guys that, without a doubt, the rounded corners were gone from apple maps in CarPlay, at least for a brief shining moment after I got 6.14, and it was glorious. It really did look much better aesthetically.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I'll try playing with the background. I can tell you guys that, without a doubt, the rounded corners were gone from apple maps in CarPlay, at least for a brief shining moment after I got 6.14, and it was glorious. It really did look much better aesthetically.
It's incredibly rare, but occasionally you do find bugs that make things better than intended.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I also got 6.14.0 yesterday and noticed that the gap between the top bar and the CarPlay section was gone. That was a nice little change that had been bothering me.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I also got 6.14.0 yesterday and noticed that the gap between the top bar and the CarPlay section was gone. That was a nice little change that had been bothering me.
Don’t tinker with it like OP otherwise you may never see it again.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I tried setting the black background in CarPlay and that makes no difference. The rounded corners are back.

I can understand how if you are using a dark CarPlay app against the dark background, you might see the corners, but maps and the other CP apps I sue aren’t totally dark.

I can only surmise that there was a brief glitch with CarPaly not loading the stupid rounded corner images after the 6.14 update, and for one shining moment it looked way better.
Sponsored