6.14 - am I the first to notice CarPlay change?

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I tried setting the black background in CarPlay and that makes no difference. The rounded corners are back.

I can understand how if you are using a dark CarPlay app against the dark background, you might see the corners, but maps and the other CP apps I sue aren’t totally dark.

I can only surmise that there was a brief glitch with CarPaly not loading the stupid rounded corner images after the 6.14 update, and for one shining moment it looked way better.
Did it look like this:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-sync-4a-at-ces-2024-video.33126/post-743649

Also posted by you by the way
Sponsored

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was just trying to follow this conversation now I got my car about a month and a half ago. I was looking at the link up above that showed that partial picture.
So I went out in my car and took a picture. You’ll see my finger pointing at the top right? Is that what you’re talking about the rounded because it’s like on one side but it’s not rounded on the other also, does everybody have the same icons along the top bar because that picture from January, never seen that little car up there. Trunk opener is only underneath where you switch to whisper mode or whatever.

IMG_7529.jpeg

IMG_7528.jpeg

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I was just trying to follow this conversation now I got my car about a month and a half ago. I was looking at the link up above that showed that partial picture.
So I went out in my car and took a picture. You’ll see my finger pointing at the top right? Is that what you’re talking about the rounded because it’s like on one side but it’s not rounded on the other also, does everybody have the same icons along the top bar because that picture from January, never seen that little car up there. Trunk opener is only underneath where you switch to whisper mode or whatever.
It is rounded on all four corners in the pictures you posted.

As for the icons being different, they are in the 6.14 update. Your car has not received the 6.14 update.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is rounded on all four corners in the pictures you posted.

As for the icons being different, they are in the 6.14 update. Your car has not received the 6.14 update.
When did the 6.14 come out? I was thinking mines been updating successfully every time there’s an update. This is what I got the other day.

IMG_7530.jpeg

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is rolling out now.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/6-14-0-software-update-just-installed.34356/

Looks like the first person posted March 12th.
OK, thanks yeah I saw that 12 March and I’m thinking oh I missed that but then the other day I went out to my car and I haven’t been in my car for two days and it automatically updated to that latest one I showed you. I’ve been thinking you need to sit in the car, and wait for it to download every time but apparently sometimes if you’re just working around the outside of the car, you can hear the car clicking it must be communicating when you’re just touching the car I guess

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag

IMG_7529.jpeg

IMG_7528.jpeg
Yes. Those are the rounded corners. Now compare that to the Ford Nav without rounded corners. It just looks much, much cleaner than the CarPlay interface (but Apple Maps are better).

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
yep, you aren't imagining it. There are some changes in the look of carplay.
wont say its better, just different. Pretty much a non issue to me as long as everything still works.

look is more like an ipad

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I’m pretty disappointed with the car play layout compared to android auto.
Why can’t I have the map window be 95% of the screen with a bar at the bottom for music info. Car play has way too much dedicated space to useless/static info. Feel like apple isn’t really trying here.
CarPlay’s tile view got really messed up when they made the drawers smaller

Why do I need to see the sides of where I’m navigating to instead of ahead of it?🤔

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Just set your wallpaper in CarPlay to the solid black one. Then when you use the map there is no rounded corners.
That isn’t true. The map is grey in color. You still see the black rounded corners.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I don’t know if this a CarPlay thing but I could swear that Spotify is snappier after 6.14. When I advance to the next song manually by hitting the button on the steering wheel the next song loads more quickly. I mentioned this in another thread but no one picked up on it so I’m curious if anyone here has noticed this too.

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
Rounded corners are an Apple thing. If they ever change, it’s because Apple change them.

I’d bet noticeable money that the image the iPhone sends to the car to be displayed has them baked it and Ford’s software has no involvement at all.
Sponsored