Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car is on the move, too! According to Ford Chat, it left the Richards-Gebaur rail yard in KC today aboard Jack Cooper Transport convoy #1362558726. Probably en route to the BNSF rail yard 25 miles away in Argentine, KS.

I'm not going to bother trying to track the convoy, which may already have reached its destination. I'll wait a day or two and contact Ford Chat again for the BNSF rail car headed north.

My car appears to be following a typical path for vehicles headed to dealers in the upper Midwest and Great Plains: Cuautitlan, Mexico factory > Laredo TX > KCS Richards-Gebaur rail yard, Kansas City, MO > Jack Cooper Convoy Richards-Gebaur, MO > BNSF Argentine Ramp, KS > BNSF rail to Dilworth, MN rail terminal > Truck to your dealer.
Once you know the rail car tomorrow, you don’t need to do the chat with Ford anymore, just the rail company.
Sponsored

emgrrr

First Name
Emerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE GTPE
Country flag
According to Ford Chat today, the latest information they have is that my car is still at the Richards-Gebaur rail yard in Kansas City. They gave me rail car #KCSM008207, which I believe is the car it arrived on from Mexico three days ago.

Does anyone know how to track Kansas City Southern rail cars?

Batch 6739
164/600
Built 6/30/22
I got the same info. I hear no way to track KCS. Mine has been there for about 5 days. Built same day as yours. I’m in chicago.

OrangeSilentStang

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e Premium AWD ER (On Order)
Country flag
I got the same info. I hear no way to track KCS. Mine has been there for about 5 days. Built same day as yours. I’m in chicago.
The not being able to track KCS stinks. The railyard I know it was last at is just a few miles from my dealer (I'm in KC) and It's been there for about a week. This wait is so hard because it is soooooo close.

junb1

First Name
Eufemio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Volvo XC90
Country flag
I chatted with them this morning. No rail car assigned. But Ford chat gave me a location.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 6/27/22 Build Week Thread 1658155658177

imperator

First Name
Jiyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Niland, CA 7/18 7:21 AM
Currently 3hrs aways from DTLA.
This is way faster than I thought. The flat car spent one day passing the whole New Mexico and one night passing the whole Arizona. Now I am actually expecting delivery this week.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
This is way faster than I thought. The flat car spent one day passing the whole New Mexico and one night passing the whole Arizona. Now I am actually expecting delivery this week.
Great news, @imperator ! The delays seem to be a result of waiting at rail yards to be loaded aboard trains. Once those trains get moving, they keep going 24 hours a day and make progress pretty quickly.

Last edited:

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
Oh, that gives me hope! My dates are close to yours (expected delivery 7/26 - 8/1), and I'm in SoCal as well. I have tried not to check too often, but I'm hoping mine arrives early as well!

iFeckless

First Name
Greek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford chat is “assisting other customers” currently. Anyone else on this thread got a car coming to Colorado? Curious if you might have an update. I shipped on the 2nd of July, build 6739.
I have a Mach-e coming to Colorado. Built 6/29. Build 6739. When I last checked with Ford chat 2 days ago, it was on Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS. I'll probably ask them again in a day or 2 if it's moved.

Last edited:

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Honda Civic, 2022 Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. I believe @levineds and @WNKent are also still waiting to be shipped. I think our deliveries are all to the same SF Bay Area so I have a feeling there's a shortage of transportation headed this way.
Yes, just passed 3 weeks now of "awaiting shipment", car built on 6/25. I have a few possible theories (from most optimistic to least optimistic):
1) Due to challenges with BNSF, once a sufficient number of Mach-E's for the Bay Area are built to justify a shipping container or truck of economical size, all (or most) Bay Area Mach-E's will be shipped directly from Mexico to CA. This is supported by our a) similar delivery dates (despite being built on different weeks), b) our still pending shipping status, and c) the "Convoy" label on my window sticker (which I'm betting is on yours). This is refuted by the fact that a) there are San Jose-bound Mach-E's that have shipped in my build week, b) according to Ford my car is on a ramp in Lecheria which is a rail station, and c) Kansas City is closer to the Bay Area than Mexico City and even cars that go to Texas first go to Kansas City.
2) KCS or Ford just failed to note for a batch of Mach-E's on Ramp 5J that they were loaded on a rail car and shipped as normal. The "awaiting shipment" label is just a communication breakdown; the car is on its way. This is supported by a) my dealer, who told me that a few weeks ago they had a car that said it was in Mexico and 3 days later was at the dealership which is not physically possible, and, b) as a shipping logistical idea, makes more sense than (1). This is refuted by the fact that a) the cars should have reached KC and been unloaded by now and probably put on another form of transit. All those unloading and loading steps also failed to be reported? Maybe there's some reason that if it was never marked shipped there can't be any other updates given en route (seems like grasping at straws).
3) We've fallen into one of the shipping "black holes" that used to be quite common for all Mach-e's months ago. Whether by shipping logistics, work stoppages, understaffing, or simply "being busy and crowded", our cars have been put *somewhere* where they are not in queue to be loaded immediately. It could be months before the cars are shipped, let alone reach CA. This is supported by all the reasons (1) and (2) are unlikely.

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
KCS: 1(800) 468-6527 Option 2

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Yes, just passed 3 weeks now of "awaiting shipment", car built on 6/25. I have a few possible theories (from most optimistic to least optimistic):
1) Due to challenges with BNSF, once a sufficient number of Mach-E's for the Bay Area are built to justify a shipping container or truck of economical size, all (or most) Bay Area Mach-E's will be shipped directly from Mexico to CA. This is supported by our a) similar delivery dates (despite being built on different weeks), b) our still pending shipping status, and c) the "Convoy" label on my window sticker (which I'm betting is on yours). This is refuted by the fact that a) there are San Jose-bound Mach-E's that have shipped in my build week, b) according to Ford my car is on a ramp in Lecheria which is a rail station, and c) Kansas City is closer to the Bay Area than Mexico City and even cars that go to Texas first go to Kansas City.
2) KCS or Ford just failed to note for a batch of Mach-E's on Ramp 5J that they were loaded on a rail car and shipped as normal. The "awaiting shipment" label is just a communication breakdown; the car is on its way. This is supported by a) my dealer, who told me that a few weeks ago they had a car that said it was in Mexico and 3 days later was at the dealership which is not physically possible, and, b) as a shipping logistical idea, makes more sense than (1). This is refuted by the fact that a) the cars should have reached KC and been unloaded by now and probably put on another form of transit. All those unloading and loading steps also failed to be reported? Maybe there's some reason that if it was never marked shipped there can't be any other updates given en route (seems like grasping at straws).
3) We've fallen into one of the shipping "black holes" that used to be quite common for all Mach-e's months ago. Whether by shipping logistics, work stoppages, understaffing, or simply "being busy and crowded", our cars have been put *somewhere* where they are not in queue to be loaded immediately. It could be months before the cars are shipped, let alone reach CA. This is supported by all the reasons (1) and (2) are unlikely.
I suspect your #2 theory is likely correct. Tracking rail cars either in Mexico or the USA seems very hit or miss. As we've seen, it's quite possible for car shipments to move long distances without any notice to Ford or any of us.

On the other hand, it's also not unusual for cars to sit at rail yards and loading docks for days or even weeks, awaiting shipment. Maybe that's because they're waiting for a car train to fill up, or just because someone forgot to load or transfer them. In any case, what results is long periods with no new information and then all of a sudden our cars pop up much further along the route.

By the way, did you mean to post in the 6/20/22 Build Week Gang? Not that it matters; the same "rules" seem to apply to all of us!

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Honda Civic, 2022 Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I suspect your #2 theory is likely correct. Tracking rail cars either in Mexico or the USA seems very hit or miss. As we've seen, it's quite possible for car shipments to move long distances without any notice to Ford or any of us.

On the other hand, it's also not unusual for cars to sit at rail yards and loading docks for days or even weeks, awaiting shipment. Maybe that's because they're waiting for a car train to fill up, or just because someone forgot to load or transfer them. In any case, what results is long periods with no new information and then all of a sudden our cars pop up much further along the route.

By the way, did you mean to post in the 6/20/22 Build Week Gang? Not that it matters; the same "rules" seem to apply to all of us!
(2) is also what I'm hoping for. That I've gotten no updates in 14 days (since it was marked as being on a ramp in Lecheria) is still troubling. I did mean to post here, @LeWe mentioned me here and wanted to chime in.

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
I'm noticing that there are quite a few of us who haven't received shipping notification and we are all from the same region. This makes me strongly believe that option 3 is the most likely and there is a shortage of transportation to the area. Do you remember the names of folks who got shipped to the Bay Area? Do you know if they got CONVOY on their sticker too?

imperator

First Name
Jiyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Oh, that gives me hope! My dates are close to yours (expected delivery 7/26 - 8/1), and I'm in SoCal as well. I have tried not to check too often, but I'm hoping mine arrives early as well!
According to my dealer, once the car reaches Riverside, it will wait until a convoy is filled to be delivered to the dealer. That means the car may be delivered any day of this week.
Sponsored