A Tesla Owner Walks Into The Mach-E Forum...

OP
OP
littlD

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Welcome to the family! Nice choice with the Tesla Model 3. That's my personal favorite when it comes to Teslas. How's the range for both your Model 3 and your Model Y?
See my reply just entered below
Sponsored

OP
OP
littlD

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome. A lot of us here are EV enthusiasts too, and are glad for what Tesla did to launch EV’s like no one else. (Fusion Energi here) and if you see criticism of Tesla it’s because we think they should be BETTER.
I've got a thick skin, so no worries. We have plenty of rants on TeslaOwnersOnline.com, the community I've frequented since plunking my $1,000 down on March 31, 2016 for my Model 3.

I like it when we discuss to better understand. We won't agree on everything and shouldn't try to.

OP
OP
littlD

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ce matin, 17 janvier 2021, dans le journal de Montréal, il est question de la subvention de $ 8,000.00 offert par le gouvernement provincial.
Comme Tesla s'est plaint de cette subvention et a introduit une Tasla modèle Y avec un mode de traction (au lieu du AWD offert précédemment) et qui se vend sous les $ 60,000.00.
Alors, selon Mme Valérie Savard, représentante du ministère des Énergies et des Ressources Naturelles du Québec, le crédit n'a jamais été applicable sur la version PREMIUM à 4 roues motrices de la Mustang Mach E. La représentante du ministère affirme plutôt qu'il s'agit d'une mauvaise interprétation de la part des gens de Ford.
Elle ajoute qu'elle doit faire ces clarifications et cette décision est «sans appel».
Il y aurait une solution facile pour le constructeur, c'est de diminuer le prix du modèle Premium de $ 2,245.00 afin qu'il soit éligible au crédit gouvernemental.

This morning, in the «Journal de Montréal», the $ 8,000.00 credit from the Provincial government will not be available for the Mustang Mach E Premium AWD. It will only be available on the Select model and the Premium RWD model.
This is the result of a complaint by the Tesla company who will intrduce a 2 wheel drive version of the model Y. The 2 wd model Y will be sold in Quebec at $ 56,290. a $ 20,658 rebate from the model Y AWD, long range battery.
Miss Valérie Savard, from the ministry «Énergies et Ressources Naturelles du Québec», said that it is a misunderstood from Ford who is considering the AWD option as an option compare to a complete different model.
A rebate of $ 2,245 should be an option for Ford to bring the Mustang Mach E Premium AWD version eligible for the credit.
It's unfortunate that the Canadian government doesn't understand how to provide a level playing field across all manufacturers.

I understand why you would rant here. It's frustrating to see your government get this wrong. I can only offer my sympathy. I got no tax credit for my Model Y in the US due to the 200,000 vehicle rule. We may see that improve here. Hope things improve in Canada as well.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My two door down neighbor has had his Model Y for 3 months now. I told him I was getting a Mach E. Overall he is happy with his Y. He did make one condescending comment.
His observation was - “ It’s like buying 2030 technology with 1980 quality”. We both laughed and got a beer.

Wisconsin Pony Gal

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 3 Premium AWD (AKA Lightning!)
Country flag
Let me add a warm welcome to you, as well.

I was on the paid waitlist for a Model 3 and was a member of that "Owner in Waiting" forum. You'll find a lot of the same energy and excitement awaiting the ultimate release of the MachE as was in the Mod3 forum in 2018.

I ultimately chose not to go through with the Tesla order. When the Model 3 test drives opened in Illinois, my economic options were: buy the car or remodel the kitchen. The test drive was a hoot! But I chose the kitchen (which I love).

I've never forgotten the Tesla, and would drive my husband crazy by pointing and screaming "Tesla" when we'd run across one in traffic. He was the one who encouraged me to order the MachE as we stood next to one at the February 2020 auto show, so here I am.

So, yes, I get it... and I welcome you to the forum.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Welcome! I was inches from getting a Model Y, myself, but I'm a stickler when it comes to things like panel gaps and spending 70k on a vehicle and expecting certain things. I know (knowing my luck) I would get one of the lemons that has to be in the service center often and the horror stories I've heard didn't sit well with me, so I decided to go with the Mach E GT.

I can't help but give credit where credit is due because without Tesla, I'm 99.7% certain that we wouldn't be talking about a nice entry into the EV market from a large automobile maker like Ford (or some of the other big names that are coming out). Tesla has absolutely propelled the electric vehicle forward and I welcome that so much. I can't wait for the vehicle landscape to change and 10 years from now, we have so many EVs to choose from with so much range and power that getting an ICE just seems antiquated and barbarian.

I like Teslas, they're just not for me. I can't deny that the tech is amazing and sets a really high bar for others to achieve, its just the other things that really stand out to me that made me stray away. The crunching of the employees to deliver numbers by a certain timeline, the handling (and misinformation) about COVID-19 from Elon himself, the fact that Elon is a giant douchebag, the fit and finish of some of the vehicles, the home depot-esque band-aiding of the heating element on a vehicle to just get it out the door, the "deliver now, fix later" mentality, etc. I just can't do it, but that doesn't mean that I don't want Tesla to be better than what they currently are. I think they can be, if quality assurance became a key metric for the company. (and I think more competition in the space will drive Tesla toward that)

I wish you all the success in your vehicles as clearly you're a fan. I hope they give you many, trouble-free miles (kilometers if that's your thing). This is a long winded post that just basically says, Welcome to the forum. We may not all agree, but we are all of the same ilk. A brotherhood/sisterhood of a cleaner electrified future.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Before November 2019 I was planning on getting a model 3 when my 2015 mustang got paid off. When the Mach E got announced I made my reservation, but wasn't 100% sure which way to go. I test drove a dual motor Model 3 and I was very impressed with it. I also fully planned to get Tesla solar put in after getting my roof replaced (which finally happened in Sept 2020). I was still on the fence as of last summer. But, Musk's selfish and recklessly callous behavior since the pandemic has just turned me off completely. His complete disregard for his employees and his insistence on unrealistic production numbers just so he can get richer is simply unnacceptable.

I really liked the M3, but I just cannot bring myself to give him any more money.

OP
OP
littlD

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I was on the paid waitlist for a Model 3 and was a member of that "Owner in Waiting" forum. You'll find a lot of the same energy and excitement awaiting the ultimate release of the MachE as was in the Mod3 forum in 2018.

I ultimately chose not to go through with the Tesla order. When the Model 3 test drives opened in Illinois, my economic options were: buy the car or remodel the kitchen. The test drive was a hoot! But I chose the kitchen (which I love).

I've never forgotten the Tesla, and would drive my husband crazy by pointing and screaming "Tesla" when we'd run across one in traffic. He was the one who encouraged me to order the MachE as we stood next to one at the February 2020 auto show, so here I am.

Thanks, I remember those days when I lived to see my reservation become an order, and then get a VIN#, and then....

I wore out my [F5] button refreshing the Tesla Account page.

It's great to see the enthusiasm here for the Mach-E as well. I know what that feels like...

OP
OP
littlD

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just tweeted joining this forum, feel free to follow me on Twitter too if you want (or not!).

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just tweeted joining this forum, feel free to follow me on Twitter too if you want (or not!).

Looking forward to seeing what the X and S refresh is going to look like.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

@Wisconsin Pony Gal Seems to be a typo in your bio?
Ford Mustang Mach-E A Tesla Owner Walks Into The Mach-E Forum... Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 13.22.03

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

Welcome. Do you think there will be a pause (and then a rush) in Tesla orders as Biden makes the 7500 tax break permanent and limitless for any manufacturer?

OP
OP
littlD

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome. Do you think there will be a pause (and then a rush) in Tesla orders as Biden makes the 7500 tax break permanent and limitless for any manufacturer?
IMHO, no chance. What Tesla has consistently done is adjust prices or configuration to maintain as much competitiveness as possible.

What could happen is people hold off ordering in anticipation of a policy change. But so far, we're not seeing signs of that.

Estimated Delivery:
Model Y - 2-6 weeks
Model Y Performance - 7-11 weeks
Model 3 - 7-11 weeks

Reactions: UW2

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I too once had a crush on a Tesla. It was the S model. I had a customer who did a major sales pitch and I was with in moments of plunking down the money. Then I took a deep breath and thought about things. I decided to wait a bit and just after that my sales guy told me about this amazing electric Mustang. Further it was an SUV and the next thing I knew I was hooked. So yeah. Tesla has definitely helped a lot of us get past the initial ICE to electric stage. Not a bad thing at all.

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Welcome.

I've been lurking for a while without posting. Thought I'd add my 2 cents (or more).

I have a 2013 Fusion Energi. Bought it as soon as one become available with most of the options I wanted. I decided that a Tesla was out of my price range so I'd get a PHEV. At that time, it was the best option for me and I've never regretted my purchase. I've got 78K total miles on it with 55K electric miles. Although I've made a couple of long trips in it, I haven't done as many as I first envisioned. I mostly drive it on lots of short trips. 98% of my charging is at home. I had Solar City (now Tesla) install my first PV installation in 2009 and updated it in 2013 so that I could minimize my carbon footprint with my FFE. The update gave me my first bad experience with Tesla. It took them 3 months from the time they started to finalize the added installation. They tried to do all the planning remotely and screwed it up. Badly. Then blamed it on the city. It wasn't the city.

I thought when the Model Y was announced that it would be the right car for me. As others have mentioned, I have very little tolerance for a company that seems more focused on profit over customers and employees. Although I live very close to the Fremont plant, I don't trust Tesla to change to a customer service oriented company. If you've ever watched Rich Rebuilds on YouTube, you'd understand part of the reason that I believe Elon doesn't care about customers. He oversells his product (where's the long promised FSD? and what exactly caused so many people to think that "autopilot" would mean they could ignore their responsibility of driving? or the Model 3 would allow owners to use their cars to make them money when they weren't using it by renting it as a robotaxi within 3 years). Parts for Teslas are ridiculously expensive and the idea that you can't service or modify your own car is nuts. Basically, Tesla lays claim to the cars even after your purchase. But...Teslas are really well engineered vehicles. They are impressive vehicles.

Bottom line is I was looking for another option and found it in the ME. If, however, I find that it's not the vehicle I thought it would be, I'll get my refunded down payment and buy a Model Y.
Sponsored