IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
You kicked the hornets nest, the Tesla fanboys are swarming!

On a side note, it is good to know that even the Tesla audience is paying attention to the MME, although they would never admit it ;).
I'm curious. about something. HONESTLY, could it be that the hour-long video, presentation style, and continued ad-nauseam comparison of Tesla to the Ford MME is why the video is disliked? Are there more factors at play? Be honest.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm curious. about something. HONESTLY, could it be that the hour-long video, presentation style, and continued ad-nauseam comparison of Tesla to the Ford MME is why the video is disliked? Are there more factors at play? Be honest.
Have you read the comments? Have you seen people like Transport Evolved or Electrek or Out of Spec talk about the toxic Tesla fans? They've all had similar experiences.

We've had other long videos. We've had reviews about the Polestar 2 and ID.4. We always use the same presentation style. This is pure and simple. Tesla stans hate criticism.

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Patrick/Liv, no matter what the Tesla Stans (read shareholders)say, please keep these videos going, very informative.
Also, even though you mentioned in the 2nd post, there is no mention in the video that the ModelY lacks 360 degree view. That to me/wife was a big turn off when we were evaluating the Y.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Patrick/Liv, no matter what the Tesla Stans (read shareholders)say, please keep these videos going, very informative.
Also, even though you mentioned in the 2nd post, there is no mention in the video that the ModelY lacks 360 degree view. That to me/wife was a big turn off when we were evaluating the Y.
I really should have included that in the video. When I was editing the video, I realized I forgot to get footage of that.

We are in a loaner Mach-E for a couple of days until our Mach-E is repaired. It is so nice having that 360 camera going into our tight garage. With the Model Y, I had to have Liv help me to make sure I didn't pulled in far enough since it is so hard to see the front of the car.

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
Have you read the comments? Have you seen people like Transport Evolved or Electrek or Out of Spec talk about the toxic Tesla fans? They've all had similar experiences.

We've had other long videos. We've had reviews about the Polestar 2 and ID.4. We always use the same presentation style. This is pure and simple. Tesla stans hate criticism.
Transport Evolved, Elektrek, and Out of Spec aren't people. Do you consider yourself at the level of those who perform reviews from the sites or platforms?

I have a Tesla. I am a fan of my Tesla, as I am a fan of my MME. I don't hate criticism.

Is it possible that there are different styles of presenting information, and that people are more receptive to some styles than others?

Is it possible that some might tune out a particular speaker, professor, or novice vlogger because they find the person to be caustic, boring, impartial, redundant or self-important?

Does repeated use of the same presentation style necessarily transform it into a more appealing manner?

Is it possible that the majority of MME and Tesla owners don't give a frack about competition and are happy about the progress of EVs in general?

Is it possible that some MME owners and some Tesla owners enjoy creating sophomoric turmoil in the EV arena?

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Transport Evolved, Elektrek, and Out of Spec aren't people. Do you consider yourself at the level of those who perform reviews from the sites or platforms?

I have a Tesla. I am a fan of my Tesla, as I am a fan of my MME. I don't hate criticism.

Is it possible that there are different styles of presenting information, and that people are more receptive to some styles than others?

Is it possible that some might tune out a particular speaker, professor, or novice vlogger because they find the person to be caustic, boring, impartial, redundant or self-important?

Does repeated use of the same presentation style necessarily transform it into a more appealing manner?

Is it possible that the majority of MME and Tesla owners don't give a frack about competition and are happy about the progress of EVs in general?

Is it possible that some MME owners and some Tesla owners enjoy creating sophomoric turmoil in the EV arena?
Dude, why are you so upset?

Did I say we were like those channels or platforms? No. I just indicated that they have a lot of those issues with toxic Tesla fans. Even this site occasionally has those problems. It is not because of their size or style or anything other than the fact that Tesla fans can be toxic.

We are similar to those platforms in that we can see the analytics data for every piece of content that we have out there. We can see the demographics of viewers, what types of devices they use, where they watch, how they watch, how long they watch, what parts they skipped and more.

My mention of the consistent presentation style was messing the point that nothing changes from video to video. We generally get tons of positive comments and done videos even have 100% likes. What changed in this one video? We criticized Tesla.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

@Mach-E VLOG and @Liv are always so polite in their posts, why such vitriol in your response. Even if you disagree with what they are saying or didn’t like their video I don’t think they deserve a response like that.

The old saying, if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all really applies very well to something like an online forum where you can just skip over content you don’t care for. If you want to respond to what they say, at least keep it about the cars.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

Did I say we were like those channels or platforms? No. I just indicated that they have a lot of those issues with toxic Tesla fans. Even this site occasionally has those problems. It is not because of their size or style or anything other than the fact that Tesla fans can be toxic.

We are similar to those platforms in that we can see the analytics data for every piece of content that we have out there. We can see the demographics of viewers, what types of devices they use, where they watch, how they watch, how long they watch, what parts they skipped and more.

My mention of the consistent presentation style was messing the point that nothing changes from video to video. We generally get tons of positive comments and done videos even have 100% likes. What changed in this one video? We criticized Tesla.
what a great video

machefordy

First Name
mache
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache 2021
Country flag

You guys have so much of free time.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
man you two got so much of free time. damm.
I think this is at least part of their job! Putting together videos like this can’t be easy!

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag

Lighten up, Francis. :)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The rear window is like looking out a periscope or something. I also didn't like the lack of a 360 camera view or even front camera when puling into our garage.
Agreed on both counts. But it would be nice if Ford improved our ability to use the front and 360 cams when parking. They are way too slow to engage. That’s one of my top improvement requests.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I think this is at least part of their job! Putting together videos like this can’t be easy!
We both have full time jobs and this is just a hobby. To be honest, we probably wouldn't have started a channel if not for the pandemic. We're both still working from home and when we started it last July, we were really just trying to keep ourselves occupied and take advantage of the extra time we had by not commuting.

Now, it has developed into a bit more than we expected. It can soak up a lot of time, but it is still a fun hobby. This video, took us a day to film, and then about 3 weeks to edit in my spare time.
Sponsored