sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
My kids are constantly going to sports and martial arts.... hands full of gear and when they come up to the car with their hands full, I open/close the hatch constantly. And with the loss of the kick-to-open feature gone for 2022, it's even more helpful.
Ah ok - whenever I take my kids to things (usually robotics, not sports), I am going with them, so I am getting out and unload/loading the back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmatero

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
I'm still confused as to why there is a hard button for the Max Defrost when there's a soft button always present on the screen.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Traded Tesla Model Y for Mach-E GTP - a Comparison IMG_0642

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
I'm still confused as to why there is a hard button for the Max Defrost when there's a soft button always present on the screen.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Traded Tesla Model Y for Mach-E GTP - a Comparison IMG_0642
Safety reasons - if your screen fails you can still safely drive the vehicle by being able see in poor weather by being able to turn on the defroster.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Ok - I am really curious what your use case is that makes you want to open the hatch from inside so often. 99.9% of the time I want to open the hatch, I am behind the car wanting to put something in or take something out. I have opened the hatch from inside exactly once when I picked up some pizza.
Do you have kids? I probably spend 15-30 minutes a day on average in somebody’s driveway, or a parking lot, dropping off or picking up. And it is always “hey Mr. ___ can you pop the trunk?” This is not uncommon at all with kids. And it’s why I’ve never ever been in a car where you couldn’t open the trunk with one push of a button.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Safety reasons - if your screen fails you can still safely drive the vehicle by being able see in poor weather by being able to turn on the defroster.
Let me rephrase: I’m still confused why there is a button on the screen for max defrost when they already gave us a physical button. We can’t have one-touch access to the trunk or the cams, but we’ve got built in redundancy for that defrost! Got the defrost COVERED.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
My kids are constantly going to sports and martial arts.... hands full of gear and when they come up to the car with their hands full, I open/close the hatch constantly. And with the loss of the kick-to-open feature gone for 2022, it's even more helpful.
Sounds like you need to enable the kick to open liftgate on your 2022 using FORScan

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ok - I am really curious what your use case is that makes you want to open the hatch from inside so often. 99.9% of the time I want to open the hatch, I am behind the car wanting to put something in or take something out. I have opened the hatch from inside exactly once when I picked up some pizza.
I keep my grocery bags in the rear compartment. It’s much easier to open the hatch as I am getting out of the car than to open it after I get behind the car. There are other reasons as well, like when I pick my sister up, it allows the hatch to be opened without my having to open it for her from behind the car. 😊🐩

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
We have a redundant button in case the first button fails?

But what if the 2nd button fails? What then??

If your reason was the reason for redundancy, we would have a physical button for everything.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Somebody needs to make one of these for the MME.. basically low power Bluetooth buttons that fire CAN-bus messages.

https://abstractocean.com/products/s3xy-buttons

One could program a button for hatch, frunk, drive mode switching, 1PD on/off.

The Tesla aftermarket eco-system is simply larger right now due to the the cars being on the market for longer and more on the road. MME will get there.
Yeah -- this would be great. Anyone know if this would be possible on the MME? Could be a large(r) market if there are similar control protocols used across multiple Ford models. Someone needs to do some OBD port hackery please.....

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
It's a PITA when the wife is either dropping me off or picking me up from the airport, for one.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yeah -- this would be great. Anyone know if this would be possible on the MME? Could be a large(r) market if there are similar control protocols used across multiple Ford models. Someone needs to do some OBD port hackery please.....
I don't know specifically about those bluetooth buttons, but a forum member had created a DIY liftgate switch - see here.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I don't know specifically about those bluetooth buttons, but a forum member had created a DIY liftgate switch - see here.
Yup but these buttons are great because there’s no wiring required and you can dynamically program their function

Reactions: ARK

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've pinged the engineering company that designed it - https://enhauto.com/commander-full

All the hardware should be the same... the only difference would be CAN-bus programming/messages I suspect. Unless it's all encrypted data like new Toyotas.
Sponsored