Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope that Ford does release some kind of improvement. I don't think anyone is expecting 100% power indefinitely, but something longer than 5 seconds, or with a more gradual taper rather than a cliff, sounds reasonable.

I work on stationary grid storage, and work with all the major battery vendors - they often have very strict, but somewhat silly, operational requirements, because from their perspective it is easy to be simple and strict than to follow nuance. One example is a vendor that requires their BMS to turn off if humidity goes above a certain level - we worked with them to do the opposite, if the humidity goes up, increase power to warm up the system and reduce the risk of condensation. In this case I can imagine that a gradual roll-off could be just as effective as a cliff, and far less noticeable to drivers.

Of course, one counter example to keep in mind is that some manufacturers may be willing to sacrifice their future warranties in order to sell more cars today... I have real concerns that part of Tesla's overvaluation is the massive warranty obligation they are sitting on.
5 seconds is just enough to blow away most super cars red lite to red lite. My wife has the GTPE and did indeed ate two dodges. One was a car a head of her but she caught to it quickly and it only took the magical 5 second rule. The second guy blew his horn at the lite and she saw him in her rear view mirror. At 68 she now is looking for cars to go lite to lite. I am lost for words. Our local Pittsburgh races At has 1/8 mile drags on Wed and she will be attending with our daughter that has a 2012 SRT challenger. She is looking for helmet as we speak.
Sponsored

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
5 seconds is just enough to blow away most super cars red lite to red lite. My wife has the GTPE and did indeed ate two dodges. One was a car a head of her but she caught to it quickly and it only took the magical 5 second rule. The second guy blew his horn at the lite and she saw him in her rear view mirror. At 68 she now is looking for cars to go lite to lite. I am lost for words. Our local Pittsburgh races At has 1/8 mile drags on Wed and she will be attending with our daughter that has a 2012 SRT challenger. She is looking for helmet as we speak.
Do you think it's wise for you and your wife to be street racing especially at your advanced ages? Half of your posts are about street racing.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Maybe it's time for the daughter to confiscate their car keys.
Sponsored