Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yeah they'll buy it with paint damage. This is what Vroom offered me:

1637415339681.png

Is that what you meant by "sell it in a few hours and make money on the deal?"

Are you being honest?
Yes, I’m being honest.

People who actually want to sell their GTPE right now are able to do so and make money.

People who want to argue on the internet post bogus offers and just complain.

Actually try going to a CarMax or Ford dealer in person if you really want to sell.

Or put it on auto trader or cars.com.

The vroom is clearly a bogus offer that doesnt take into account GT options because people have gotten more than that for a Premium from Vroom.

I’ll ask again, do you really want to sell?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
You just told me to go to Vroom and I went to Vroom and the offer was garbage now you're saying Ford will buy it from and I'll make a profit? Where is your evidence of this? I'm not going to waste my time when you've already been wrong about Vroom.

All the places you listed before were online places now you're saying I have to go to in person places? Why the change? Is it possible you just don't know what you're talking about?

That number is what Vroom offered me using my VIN. Put yours in. Tell me what you get. We'll see whos bogus here.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Here's my offer from Carvana you're telling me that within a few hours they're going to make me an offer for more than I paid for it?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Edmunds: Mach-E GT vs. Model Y Performance Comparison Review 1637417782204

Would you like to make a wager on that?

Tell you what. If you're right, and they make me an offer that is more than I paid for it like you said they would, I'll never post on this forum again. If they don't, you never post on this forum again?

Fair?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Edmunds: Mach-E GT vs. Model Y Performance Comparison Review 1637417940487

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Here's my offer from Carvana you're telling me that within a few hours they're going to make me an offer for more than I paid for it?

1637417782204.png

Tell you what. If you're right, and they make me an offer that is more than I paid for it like you said they would, I'll never post on this forum again. If they don't, you never post on this forum again?

Fair?

1637417940487.png
Wow man, sorry your car sucks so bad.

I’m definitely not tired of my GTPE torque. On the way back in to work, punched it at 30 mph and it spun the tires.
I goosed the throttle last night at 20mph to make my back seat kindergartner laugh and got the response I wanted. I think it'd be scary for someone not expecting it to kick so hard. Kiddo woke up at 6am to ask me to take him for a drive. - Dude, it's dark outside. Let's have breakfast and wait for the sun to come up first! :D

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

1637417782204.png

Fair?

1637417940487.png
You must have me confused with someone who cares what you do with your car.

I’m just seeing right through your BS.

I don’t want to sell my car, but others here HAVE, and for a profit.

If actually wanted to sell your car, you should be THANKFUL for this information.

Quit pretending you want to sell your car.

Quit pretending like you have actually tried and are somehow stuck with your car.

You still haven’t answered the question:

Do you want to sell your car?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
You must have me confused with someone who cares what you do with your car.

I’m just seeing right through your BS.

I don’t want to sell my car, but others here HAVE, and for a profit.

If actually wanted to sell your car, you should be THANKFUL for this information.

Quit pretending you want to sell your car.

Quit pretending like you have actually tried and are somehow stuck with your car.

You still haven’t answered the question:

Do you want to sell your car?
so you’re admitting what you said previously was completely false. Thank you, that’s all I wanted.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
so you’re admitting what you said previously was completely false. Thank you, that’s all I wanted.
Not at all. You will have zero issues selling your car if you actually wanted to.

Clearly you don’t. Even though you won’t admit it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If the MME GT gets the "boost" extended to say around 8-10 seconds, would that resolve Edmund's and many others complaint?
Not entirely.

It would fix the 1/4 mile trap speed and time….. mostly. But it would still fall on its face at some point.

If they gave us 10 seconds, but also didn’t make the drop off so severe (more like the Taycan with and without boost), that would fix it.

Taycan loses around 70 hp off boost. The GT seems to lose 140 hp.

At no point should a GT accelerate like a LR AWD. Then it will be “fixed.”

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
If you bought a GT to beat the MY at the drag strip, you will continue to be disappointed. The thermal management of the E battery pack is not as good as the Y. Software will not fix this. It's a hardware issue. It can be fixed and I think future designs will probably be better. This issue not only impacts high demand driving. It also impacts charge time. A 1-C charge rate results in 4 times greater cell temperature rise compared to the Y.

The pack will be OK for normal street driving, but charge rate and very high demand is notably inferior. Makes me wonder what's going to happen with the F150 Lightning. The pack in that vehicle could see extremes, like someone pulling a fifth wheel over the Grape Vine.

See this article.

Mustang Mach-E Battery Charges Slowly, Overheats Quickly: Why? (insideevs.com)

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you bought a GT to beat the MY at the drag strip, you will continue to be disappointed. The thermal management of the E battery pack is not as good as the Y. Software will not fix this. It's a hardware issue. It can be fixed and I think future designs will probably be better. This issue not only impacts high demand driving. It also impacts charge time. A 1-C charge rate results in 4 times greater cell temperature rise compared to the Y.

The pack will be OK for normal street driving, but charge rate and very high demand is notably inferior. Makes me wonder what's going to happen with the F150 Lightning. The pack in that vehicle could see extremes, like someone pulling a fifth wheel over the Grape Vine.

See this article.

Mustang Mach-E Battery Charges Slowly, Overheats Quickly: Why? (insideevs.com)
None of what they are describing happens in 5 nor 15 seconds.

Even at the bottom of the article they reference “after 15 minutes of performance driving….”

The ability to beat a model Y at the drag strip is a software update a way. Now if Ford will ever do that……. Time will tell.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
None of what they are describing happens in 5 nor 15 seconds.

Even at the bottom of the article they reference “after 15 minutes of performance driving….”

The ability to beat a model Y at the drag strip is a software update a way. Now if Ford will ever do that……. Time will tell.
I think the issue may be hot spots in the cells, which is very fast localized heating. I suppose Ford may change the boost threshold if they prove it does not impact the 8 year warranty. But the boost threshold is only dealing with the symptoms. The pack thermal management is the same as the Chevy Bolt, which has very slow charge rates compared to Tesla. I will not be surprised to see a different pack design to address these issues. Battery suppliers are limited, but this won't always be the case.

I prefer they maintain the 5 second limit than allowing me to degrade my battery performance prematurely. I don't think they can fix it with a setting because, you may not care about battery degradation, but Ford is liable for it regardless of who owns the car.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I think the issue may be hot spots in the cells, which is very fast localized heating. I suppose Ford may change the boost threshold if they prove it does not impact the 8 year warranty. But the boost threshold is only dealing with the symptoms. The pack thermal management is the same as the Chevy Bolt, which has very slow charge rates compared to Tesla. I will not be surprised to see a different pack design to address these issues. Battery suppliers are limited, but this won't always be the case.

I prefer they maintain the 5 second limit than allowing me to degrade my battery performance prematurely. I don't think they can fix it with a setting because, you may not care about battery degradation, but Ford is liable for it regardless of who owns the car.
If they limited it to 300 hp all the time the battery would stay in even better shape, should they do that?

this isn’t a black and white issue where 5 seconds of power = battery stays perfect and 8 seconds of power = battery gets destroyed in 3 years.
Sponsored