scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I've pinged the engineering company that designed it - https://enhauto.com/commander-full

All the hardware should be the same... the only difference would be CAN-bus programming/messages I suspect. Unless it's all encrypted data like new Toyotas.
That makes two of us that did that yesterday 🤫
Sponsored

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH E, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
I’ve never ever been in a car where you couldn’t open the trunk with one push of a button.
My 2012 Ford Focus couldn't open the trunk from inside either - they added a trunk button in the cabin on the 2013 model. It was a huge pain when the button on the trunk lid decided to stop working (so I could only open it with the fob button). Seems like a classic "let's make the same mistake every 10 years" issue that big companies often suffer from.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Yesterday, I traded in my 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance and drove home in a 2022 Iced Blue GT Performance with all the bells and whistles. I know there are a zillion discussions here comparing these two amazing cars so the point of this thread is to share my initial experience. I'm sure most of you have heard these things before but just in case, here we go:

Charging:
Nothing new to report here. Tesla for the win. Why does Electrify America charge $28 to go (slowly) from 5% to 80% when Tesla charges about $13 to get me (quickly) from 5% to 90%?

Style:
The GTP in Iced Blue is just stunning. In the past 24 hours, I've been astonished at how many heads turn when they see this car. I surprised my sons with this purchase and when they saw it pull into the driveway they went absolutely NUTS and told me if I ever sell it, they'll kill me. I'm in Silicon Valley so every other car on the road is a Tesla so it's nice to drive something that stands out. Plus, I can't stop staring at it in the driveway as I'm a Mustang guy.

Build Quality:
MME=Impeccable. The factory in Mexico has their act together because every body panel, trim, everything.... is aligned beautifully. The paint on the MME is also amazing... a luster and depth that I haven't experienced on a car since maybe my 2009 Benz E-class. The Model 3 and Model Y built in Fremont are really horrendous with regard to build quality though they have improved over the years. My 2022 Model Y had so many panels misaligned that I stopped looking at the car... just walked up and got in. Fremont paint quality is 1987 Hyundai-level. Drips, dust under the clear coat, overspray, etc. Terrible. To be fair, the Model Y's coming out of Texas and Berlin are reported to be MUCH better. On the inside, the Tesla has numerous trim panels that consistently warp in the sun (A-pillars, cargo side panels to name a couple). There are also misaligned panels that service simply can't seem to get lined up. I have to say the interior of the MME seems put together much better with perfect alignment of trim. The door panels and seat quality on both cars are excellent however.

Interior:
I have never had an issue with the interior finishes on my 2022 Model Y. Tesla uses real wood and aluminum, very little hard plastic to speak of on the dash and doors - all soft touch, and the fake leather used is virtually indestructible. The MME uses a combination of materials that I find interesting and attractive, and the front cabin as a whole feels far less sterile. The Tesla wins with regard to front cabin storage, however, with large carpeted door panel bins that hold LARGE bottles of water and more. The front console in the Tesla is also more usable. Anything you store in the Tesla can be accessed from the drivers seat easily. The MME storage under the console feels like a black hole - once you toss something under there, you can't see/access it without stopping the car and reaching down and hunting. Regarding the seats, your rear end will not budge in the MME GTP seats because the fabric is as powerful as velcro. This is great for holding you in place, but I find it makes getting in/out a little difficult because you can't slide at all on the cushion - to reposition your bum, you have to lift your body off the seat. Those seats are also harder than the Tesla's and don't "give" much at all. However, they provide support in all the right places so they're actually very comfortable. Also, there is no front cushion tilt up/down (they're actually 6-way adjustable, not 8-way). So if you like to be cupped in the seat by increasing thigh support, you'll probably prefer the Tesla seats. Finally, the AC vents (at least on the driver's side) in the MME are very poorly designed. Left/right adjustments have little affect.

Ride:
Advantage MME GTP. The ride in the Model 3/Y can be outright brutal on less than perfect roads. Sticking with the smaller wheels/tires helps a bit but Tesla needs adjustable dampers or air suspension yesterday. The magneride in the GTP should be an option in all Mach-e models frankly. In Whisper mode, it's like riding on a cloud. And in Unbridled mode it still is less stiff and more controlled than anything Tesla has to offer. Steering is super light in Whisper mode and very heavy in Unbridled. The Tesla has individually selectable steering and throttle response modes you can tailor to your liking. The lack of a customizable mode on the MME is disappointing because for me, I'd prefer the Whisper suspension, the Engage steering, and the Unbridled throttle sharpness and propulsion sound (for the kids). Seems so odd that for a performance themed car where you can personalize almost everything else, Ford won't let you personalize the actual driving experience.

Infotainment:
I know, new things take getting used to and if any of the following can be fixed with settings I'm unaware of, I'd be in your debt if you could share a how-to. But maddening is the only way I can describe the MME Infotainment system. For all the Tesla single-screen haters out there (and believe me, it's far from perfect) I could find what I needed quickly (and more intuitively) with fewer episodes of eyes off the road than I can in the MME. Good news is that according to Ford, they're going to heavily refresh the whole UI in the Fall so fingers crossed things will become more streamlined. For me personally (and considering this is a vertically mounted screen) I should be able to see navigation map, (more than 3) entertainment presets, and fixed on-screen items for things like the camera and frunk/hatch releases. On that note, I'm perplexed as to why there is a button hidden on the lower left side of the dash for "Max Defrost" when that could be with the other AC controls on the screen and a hatch release button in its place. Weird. And it would be great if you could customize the IP screen as well. The energy and speedo are off to the extreme sides and require a look away from the road to see them. Feel like the image of the car doesn't need to be fixed in the center unless cruise control is activated.

Bluecruise:
The dealer was 2 hours away from home, right off the highway, and hands-free engaged 2 mins into the ride. It kept the car centered pretty well on the straightaways, but I quickly learned that on curves, it's not worth the chance. Also, even quick changes of radio stations and the alerts were going off to keep eyes on the road and eventually (and I highly suspect this is a form of "punishment" for looking away too much) it refused to go hands-free for the remainder of the ride. Tesla does this too and I'm not complaining, but I think this system (as it works right now) would primarily benefit people driving hours across long stretches of flat highway. Good news is that it will continue to improve over time via SW updates.

All that said, it's great to know that there is some serious competition out there to Tesla. Personally, I find it hard to support Elon at this point and cars like the MME, Lyriq, Blazer EV, Polestar 2 and 3, and Hyundai/Kia/Genesis offerings are all world class alternatives. Looking forward to lots of fun in the GT!!!
Great write up. Thx. Also having Apple CarPlay is a deal breaker for me. And an instrument cluster behind the wheel. (Not sure if latest Y has either tbh.)

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
How about voice commands for functions like Max Defrost? (9/26 production week).

OP
OP
jmatero

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
Well, it's been a few days in the MME and thought I'd update you on a few things after coming out of the Model Y:
  1. The steering wheel is much larger than the Y and the steering ratio slower - this is the first thing I notice going in and out of my neighborhood. Prefer the Y's steering.
  2. The steering along with the added weight contribute to the MME not feeling quite as nimble.
  3. I LOVE the MME front door access. It's the closest thing to the old school handle with incorporated button latches everyone used for decades. You can push with a finger as you pull with the rest. Love it. I actually wish the handle was on the back doors to keep the kids' hands off the paint.
  4. I took the advice of a few on here with regard to setting up the main screen. I added the SiriusXM app to the iPhone (the audio quality is AMAZING vs stock setup) and run CarPlay expanded which is great! Don't know if this is possible with Android Auto:
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Traded Tesla Model Y for Mach-E GTP - a Comparison IMG_2433.JPG
  5. That said, I'm having some issues where settings aren't being saved to my profile - example: easy entry works fine 3 times and then I get in the car and it doesn't pull the seat forward automatically.
  6. THAT said, for the life of me, I couldn't find it in the settings so looking forward to a re-think of settings and also the ability to make camera access an omnipresent soft button.
  7. I'm really getting a kick out of the way the front end of the car lifts when you give it some gas - I mean - electrons. From the driver's seat, I feel like I'm in my old 2011 GT.
  8. I can't tell you how amazing it is to be able to see out the rear hatch compared to the Y. In the Y you look through a slit.
  9. The hood makes using the frunk a possibility again. The hood in the MME feels substantial and you can drop it down swiftly - and it latches. In the Y, it's aluminum and once you lower it, there's no way to press it closed without it flexing so much you're convinced it will be damaged.
  10. Still not liking front storage in the MME. Doors don't fit water bottles. However, it's great to have a glovebox that can be accessed without navigating to a soft button.
  11. The driver's side front vents are just terrible. The airflow through the left is minimal no matter what the fan speed and never hits me even when pointed all the way to the right (my fingers are freezing LOL) and the right vent is plenty powerful but left/right adjustments do little of anything and the up/down adjustment is so sensitive that it requires constant adjustment. I will say it does blow very cold which is great.
  12. I don't know what Ford did with the roof glass but I don't feel the sun cooking me like in the Y. Even with a shade in the Y I was hot all the time.
  13. Disappointed with the lack of under cargo-floor storage. It's huge in the Y and it's where I could put grocery bags and still have the whole cargo area available. Could gain some space by removing the foam in the MME, but for those of you who may not know, that's an integral part of rear impact protection (and used in many vehicles). Removing it will impact how the rear deforms in a crash.
  14. The front seats are hard but I find them very comfortable actually. No hot spots, and no back pain (and my back is trash so that's high praise). Only complaint kids have about the rear seats is that they're not heated.
  15. Suspension/ride: MME for the win. I already knew the ride in my Y Performance (and my regular Y with standard 19" wheels for that matter) sucked. On all but the smoothest of roads, all you heard/felt was BANG BANG BANG. The Magneride - particularly in Whisper mode - is smooth as hell in comparison. Firm, but smooth with no rear end bouncing. It was worth the trade for this feature alone!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That makes two of us that did that yesterday 🤫
Ford Mustang Mach-E Traded Tesla Model Y for Mach-E GTP - a Comparison 1659263130235

If more of us would write to them.. they would know of the pent up demand.

Most cars have drive mode selectors (dials or buttons) which I wish my GTPE had. Of course Tesla doesn't have physical drive mode selector and so Mach-E had to follow that stupid design :)

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well, it's been a few days in the MME and thought I'd update you on a few things after coming out of the Model Y:
  1. The steering wheel is much larger than the Y and the steering ratio slower - this is the first thing I notice going in and out of my neighborhood. Prefer the Y's steering.
  2. The steering along with the added weight contribute to the MME not feeling quite as nimble.
  3. I LOVE the MME front door access. It's the closest thing to the old school handle with incorporated button latches everyone used for decades. You can push with a finger as you pull with the rest. Love it. I actually wish the handle was on the back doors to keep the kids' hands off the paint.
  4. I took the advice of a few on here with regard to setting up the main screen. I added the SiriusXM app to the iPhone (the audio quality is AMAZING vs stock setup) and run CarPlay expanded which is great! Don't know if this is possible with Android Auto:
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Traded Tesla Model Y for Mach-E GTP - a Comparison 1659263130235
  5. That said, I'm having some issues where settings aren't being saved to my profile - example: easy entry works fine 3 times and then I get in the car and it doesn't pull the seat forward automatically.
  6. THAT said, for the life of me, I couldn't find it in the settings so looking forward to a re-think of settings and also the ability to make camera access an omnipresent soft button.
  7. I'm really getting a kick out of the way the front end of the car lifts when you give it some gas - I mean - electrons. From the driver's seat, I feel like I'm in my old 2011 GT.
  8. I can't tell you how amazing it is to be able to see out the rear hatch compared to the Y. In the Y you look through a slit.
  9. The hood makes using the frunk a possibility again. The hood in the MME feels substantial and you can drop it down swiftly - and it latches. In the Y, it's aluminum and once you lower it, there's no way to press it closed without it flexing so much you're convinced it will be damaged.
  10. Still not liking front storage in the MME. Doors don't fit water bottles. However, it's great to have a glovebox that can be accessed without navigating to a soft button.
  11. The driver's side front vents are just terrible. The airflow through the left is minimal no matter what the fan speed and never hits me even when pointed all the way to the right (my fingers are freezing LOL) and the right vent is plenty powerful but left/right adjustments do little of anything and the up/down adjustment is so sensitive that it requires constant adjustment. I will say it does blow very cold which is great.
  12. I don't know what Ford did with the roof glass but I don't feel the sun cooking me like in the Y. Even with a shade in the Y I was hot all the time.
  13. Disappointed with the lack of under cargo-floor storage. It's huge in the Y and it's where I could put grocery bags and still have the whole cargo area available. Could gain some space by removing the foam in the MME, but for those of you who may not know, that's an integral part of rear impact protection (and used in many vehicles). Removing it will impact how the rear deforms in a crash.
  14. The front seats are hard but I find them very comfortable actually. No hot spots, and no back pain (and my back is trash so that's high praise). Only complaint kids have about the rear seats is that they're not heated.
  15. Suspension/ride: MME for the win. I already knew the ride in my Y Performance (and my regular Y with standard 19" wheels for that matter) sucked. On all but the smoothest of roads, all you heard/felt was BANG BANG BANG. The Magneride - particularly in Whisper mode - is smooth as hell in comparison. Firm, but smooth with no rear end bouncing. It was worth the trade for this feature alone!

So:
1. Agree with you on the MME steering rack being slow.

3. Your wish granted. It's great. AOSKonology Compatible with Mach E Exterior Door Handle Rear Left & Right Pair NO Drilling for Mustang Mach-E Accessories 2021 2022 https://a.co/d/4exIW0J

4. 2022 MME and those with 2.8.3 OTA have Android auto portrait mode.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
So:
1. Agree with you on the MME steering rack being slow.
I would mind less if the mach-e actually had a good turning radius to start with but it blessed with one just as bad as my mk3 Focus ST, but seeing as it has a nice fast steering rack I don't have to saw away at the wheel doing tight maneuvers like I do with the mach-e.

I can understand when standard models are given the steering of a bus so they feel less twitchy but not on the performance models :( It is not like Ford have suddenly stopped using fast steering ratios on sportier trims as the mk4 focus ST and the Puma ST still get one. Just another item to add to the list of fumbles Ford have made with the GT/GTPE when it comes to the performance aspect.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
jmatero

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
Got to try Bluecruise again yesterday and it was pretty impressive actually. Drove about 20miles and back on 2 highways and it stayed engaged the entire time, the only exceptions being the on/off ramps and interchanges between highways. Would be great if it offered lane change capability - if not automatic, then at least manually initiated. Wondering just how far they can take Bluecruise on just the cameras alone. Supercruise vehicles have Lidar I believe.

Platinum Ice

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford MME Premium, 2023 Ford Lightning Order
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Yesterday, I traded in my 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance and drove home in a 2022 Iced Blue GT Performance with all the bells and whistles. I know there are a zillion discussions here comparing these two amazing cars so the point of this thread is to share my initial experience. I'm sure most of you have heard these things before but just in case, here we go:

Charging:
Nothing new to report here. Tesla for the win. Why does Electrify America charge $28 to go (slowly) from 5% to 80% when Tesla charges about $13 to get me (quickly) from 5% to 90%?

Style:
The GTP in Iced Blue is just stunning. In the past 24 hours, I've been astonished at how many heads turn when they see this car. I surprised my sons with this purchase and when they saw it pull into the driveway they went absolutely NUTS and told me if I ever sell it, they'll kill me. I'm in Silicon Valley so every other car on the road is a Tesla so it's nice to drive something that stands out. Plus, I can't stop staring at it in the driveway as I'm a Mustang guy.

Build Quality:
MME=Impeccable. The factory in Mexico has their act together because every body panel, trim, everything.... is aligned beautifully. The paint on the MME is also amazing... a luster and depth that I haven't experienced on a car since maybe my 2009 Benz E-class. The Model 3 and Model Y built in Fremont are really horrendous with regard to build quality though they have improved over the years. My 2022 Model Y had so many panels misaligned that I stopped looking at the car... just walked up and got in. Fremont paint quality is 1987 Hyundai-level. Drips, dust under the clear coat, overspray, etc. Terrible. To be fair, the Model Y's coming out of Texas and Berlin are reported to be MUCH better. On the inside, the Tesla has numerous trim panels that consistently warp in the sun (A-pillars, cargo side panels to name a couple). There are also misaligned panels that service simply can't seem to get lined up. I have to say the interior of the MME seems put together much better with perfect alignment of trim. The door panels and seat quality on both cars are excellent however.

Interior:
I have never had an issue with the interior finishes on my 2022 Model Y. Tesla uses real wood and aluminum, very little hard plastic to speak of on the dash and doors - all soft touch, and the fake leather used is virtually indestructible. The MME uses a combination of materials that I find interesting and attractive, and the front cabin as a whole feels far less sterile. The Tesla wins with regard to front cabin storage, however, with large carpeted door panel bins that hold LARGE bottles of water and more. The front console in the Tesla is also more usable. Anything you store in the Tesla can be accessed from the drivers seat easily. The MME storage under the console feels like a black hole - once you toss something under there, you can't see/access it without stopping the car and reaching down and hunting. Regarding the seats, your rear end will not budge in the MME GTP seats because the fabric is as powerful as velcro. This is great for holding you in place, but I find it makes getting in/out a little difficult because you can't slide at all on the cushion - to reposition your bum, you have to lift your body off the seat. Those seats are also harder than the Tesla's and don't "give" much at all. However, they provide support in all the right places so they're actually very comfortable. Also, there is no front cushion tilt up/down (they're actually 6-way adjustable, not 8-way). So if you like to be cupped in the seat by increasing thigh support, you'll probably prefer the Tesla seats. Finally, the AC vents (at least on the driver's side) in the MME are very poorly designed. Left/right adjustments have little affect.

Ride:
Advantage MME GTP. The ride in the Model 3/Y can be outright brutal on less than perfect roads. Sticking with the smaller wheels/tires helps a bit but Tesla needs adjustable dampers or air suspension yesterday. The magneride in the GTP should be an option in all Mach-e models frankly. In Whisper mode, it's like riding on a cloud. And in Unbridled mode it still is less stiff and more controlled than anything Tesla has to offer. Steering is super light in Whisper mode and very heavy in Unbridled. The Tesla has individually selectable steering and throttle response modes you can tailor to your liking. The lack of a customizable mode on the MME is disappointing because for me, I'd prefer the Whisper suspension, the Engage steering, and the Unbridled throttle sharpness and propulsion sound (for the kids). Seems so odd that for a performance themed car where you can personalize almost everything else, Ford won't let you personalize the actual driving experience.

Infotainment:
I know, new things take getting used to and if any of the following can be fixed with settings I'm unaware of, I'd be in your debt if you could share a how-to. But maddening is the only way I can describe the MME Infotainment system. For all the Tesla single-screen haters out there (and believe me, it's far from perfect) I could find what I needed quickly (and more intuitively) with fewer episodes of eyes off the road than I can in the MME. Good news is that according to Ford, they're going to heavily refresh the whole UI in the Fall so fingers crossed things will become more streamlined. For me personally (and considering this is a vertically mounted screen) I should be able to see navigation map, (more than 3) entertainment presets, and fixed on-screen items for things like the camera and frunk/hatch releases. On that note, I'm perplexed as to why there is a button hidden on the lower left side of the dash for "Max Defrost" when that could be with the other AC controls on the screen and a hatch release button in its place. Weird. And it would be great if you could customize the IP screen as well. The energy and speedo are off to the extreme sides and require a look away from the road to see them. Feel like the image of the car doesn't need to be fixed in the center unless cruise control is activated.

Bluecruise:
The dealer was 2 hours away from home, right off the highway, and hands-free engaged 2 mins into the ride. It kept the car centered pretty well on the straightaways, but I quickly learned that on curves, it's not worth the chance. Also, even quick changes of radio stations and the alerts were going off to keep eyes on the road and eventually (and I highly suspect this is a form of "punishment" for looking away too much) it refused to go hands-free for the remainder of the ride. Tesla does this too and I'm not complaining, but I think this system (as it works right now) would primarily benefit people driving hours across long stretches of flat highway. Good news is that it will continue to improve over time via SW updates.

All that said, it's great to know that there is some serious competition out there to Tesla. Personally, I find it hard to support Elon at this point and cars like the MME, Lyriq, Blazer EV, Polestar 2 and 3, and Hyundai/Kia/Genesis offerings are all world class alternatives. Looking forward to lots of fun in the GT!!!
Thank you for the outstanding review! I've had my MME Premium Ice White w/machined aluminum wheels less than 2 weeks and get thumbs up and a lot of questions about it - beautiful!

ThomF

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer-historian
Country flag
The only reason I'm not doing this yet is that there's a recall coming later on this year for the headlight switch itself to fix the intermittent problem where the headlights switch to going on every so often. They're apparently redesigning the switch and I don't want to have modified wiring in there when I take it in for that.
THANKS for mentioning this. I didn't catch the posting. The headlight thing has been puzzling me for awhile now. I thought perhaps I was brushing against it when getting in or out of the vehicle. Now I have been checking it periodically. It's good to know that it's not me--it's the car. And that a fix is on the way!

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
THANKS for mentioning this. I didn't catch the posting. The headlight thing has been puzzling me for awhile now. I thought perhaps I was brushing against it when getting in or out of the vehicle. Now I have been checking it periodically. It's good to know that it's not me--it's the car. And that a fix is on the way!
Yes Ford published this somewhere -- think you should find it if you search. I didn't want to have wires hanging everywhere when I asked them to fix this....

EMachE

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag

Charging:

Style:

Build Quality:

Interior:

Ride:

Infotainment:

Bluecruise:

Thanks for the great comparison, have you tried to make changes verbally with your MachE

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I would mind less if the mach-e actually had a good turning radius to start with but it blessed with one just as bad as my mk3 Focus ST, but seeing as it has a nice fast steering rack I don't have to saw away at the wheel doing tight maneuvers like I do with the mach-e.

I can understand when standard models are given the steering of a bus so they feel less twitchy but not on the performance models :( It is not like Ford have suddenly stopped using fast steering ratios on sportier trims as the mk4 focus ST and the Puma ST still get one. Just another item to add to the list of fumbles Ford have made with the GT/GTPE when it comes to the performance aspect.
I thought the Mach-E has a good turning radius. I can easily make a u-turn from a parked position on a two lane road that has street parking on both sides. Lots of vehicles would need this to be a three-point turn.

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 Boxster S,(prior M3P,Mach E,Taycan), 23 Plaid S
Country flag
Nice writeup! I had a 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance (bought as plain AWD, then paid ingenext to upgrade it to AWD+) which got me 0-60 in 3.6 and 1/4 mile just under 12 seconds, quite similar to Performance Y just a bit more direct handling since it was lower/lighter, and then added a Mach E SR RWD Premium after being very let down with a test drive of a Model Y that nothing had improved in 3 years except trunk space. Had both Tesla and Ford for 4 months and decided to sell the 3 since I could make a profit and covid work from home no longer required an extra car.

Obviously I can't comment too much on performance of Mach E as I didn't even choose AWD let alone GT, but the SR RWD is fine for daily driving, certainly quicker than Tesla AWD+ 3 in "Chill" mode by a good margin but not close otherwise. I do miss the brutal acceleration of the 3 on occasion but not often.

Glad you are happy with CarPlay on the front screen, because when you previously mentioned you didn't like the front screen and were expecting Ford to correct this in an update, I was going to caution you to change your expectations. Ford has lawyers. Ford cares about legacy customers. Tesla has Elon musk who scares the lawyers into shutting up and only seems to care about the next customers. I was annoyed when Tesla moved the gear and speed display on an update as I'd developed visual muscle memory on that (and was always annoyed there was no dash in front of me)... Since I sold mine, Tesla totally revamped the UI which IIUC resulted in much more major relearning of muscle memory for all manner of features (and also a lot of crashes). Ford is much more conservative on changes so don't expect things to be moving around much, and also expect some updates might require you going into a dealership... I for one always preferred Pandora and Google Maps to Tesla's music and mapping solution (apart from how smooth/fast Tesla's interface was), so was very happy to have Android Auto (wireless!) on my Mach E though I agree some UI choices were suboptimal and everyone has to admit Ford's UI is not as smooth.

As to your previous comments on Blue Cruise not working on corners, just wanted to toss in my $.02 on that situation : I feel letting Ford or Tesla lane hold/intelligent cruise take over is a bit like giving the steering wheel to an inexperienced, nervous teen (albeit one with an incredibly good attention span) ... Both can do fine when things are simple and can relieve a bit of stress on long rides, but both get easily confused at times... The difference is Tesla is an overconfident teen that continues to try to maintain control until it is 100% sure it can't and then I have to perform sometimes extreme last minute corrections to avoid a crash; on the other hand, Ford is a timid teen (afraid of lawyers) that hands you back control at any point it isn't sure it can manage ... There are times I wish the Mach E would be able to keep driving on it's own but me retaking control when it should have been able to continue on it's own has been far less dangerous than the times when Tesla tried to steer me directly into stone walls or off a road. Also, without FSD on tesla, changing lanes in AP was such a noisy/messy thing that I would not use AP much as my wife hated all the notifications disengaging/reengaging, while put your turn signal on in the Mach E and it seemlessly disengages, lets you change lanes, then re-engages... Infinitely more relaxing for everyone in the car and every bit as safe.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your mach E GT as much as I've enjoyed my job 1 Mach E this last year and a half! And I hope my AWD Lyriq arrives early next year so I can take another step forward in range/performance/luxury!